Game Day Round 1, 2016 - West Coast vs Brisbane Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still got 4 hours left, the wait is horrible.

Hopefully we can be competitive, can't remember ever being this flat going into Round 1 before. Lack of Merrett, Beams, Green, Zorko and question marks over Rocklif and Christensen's fitness has me crossing my fingers for a brave effort. Pretty young team too, so should be nice to see how Schache goes and McStay in his new position.
So Merrett isn't Playing?

Eh? I was never worried about the weather?
I put something in the preview thread about hoping it would clear up and you posted the forecasts saying heaps of rain coming and put something about it being perfect weather. Wasn't a shot, just tongue in cheek.

I put something in the preview thread about hoping it would clear up and you posted the forecasts saying heaps of rain coming and put something about it being perfect weather. Wasn't a shot, just tongue in cheek.

I put it up because it showed the rain clearing Sunday morning!

Victim of my own reputation for sarcasm I suspect.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With CBeams coming in we now have all three of Lester, Bewick and Claye Beams in the side. Those three boys made their debut's together in Round 1 2011 at the Gabba against another WA side the Dockers. How time flies! Seems like just yesterday...

Sunday, March 27

West Coast v Brisbane Lions at Domain Stadium, 4.40pm AWST

LATE CHANGES
West Coast: Nil
Brisbane Lions:
Daniel Merrett (illness) replaced in selected side by Claye Beams

FINAL INTERCHANGES
West Coast:
Jack Redden, Xavier Ellis, Scott Lycett, Jackson Nelson
Brisbane Lions: Ryan Harwood, Ryan Bastinac, Tom Bell, Jonathan Freeman

Sunday, March 27

West Coast v Brisbane Lions at Domain Stadium, 4.40pm AWST

LATE CHANGES
West Coast:
Nil
Brisbane Lions: Daniel Merrett (illness) replaced in selected side by Claye Beams

FINAL INTERCHANGES
West Coast:
Jack Redden, Xavier Ellis, Scott Lycett, Jackson Nelson
Brisbane Lions: Ryan Harwood, Ryan Bastinac, Tom Bell, Jonathan Freeman

Love we don't have to worry about subs anymore

I have been focusing so heavily on the fact that DBeams and Zorko are out that I haven't even thought about the exciting prospect of Martin, Rockliff, Hanley, Rich, Bundy, Bastinac, Robinson, and Bell all being out there together! Exciting times.

This is the first time Bundy and Basti have played together since U18 with Vic Country! I hope they can link up with some nice work.

Schache getting his threads:
12919661_10156745628410173_2727555084590722830_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back