Game Day Round 1, 2016 - West Coast vs Brisbane Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll always get that touch of excitement before the bounce of Round 1, but expectations are still fully in check.

It's going to be a long night.

Not an ideal way to start our season but I am really happy about the fact that we get the road trips to WA and Geelong out of the way in Rounds 1 and 3 and we don't have to travel to Tasmania this year. It seems like a forgone conclusion that we will lose whenever we travel to those three locations so it will be nice to know that from Round 4 onwards none of our matches will have that "helpless" feeling surrounding it.

I'll always get that touch of excitement before the bounce of Round 1, but expectations are still fully in check.

It's going to be a long night.

I'm just dreading the overreactions in here. It would be good to discuss positives and negatives of a developing team afterwards but we will inevitably have to wait for the tantrum chuckers to dominate proceedings first.

I'm just dreading the overreactions in here. It would be good to discuss positives and negatives of a developing team afterwards but we will inevitably have to wait for the tantrum chuckers to dominate proceedings first.
What, wait I thought we were right in the Premiership window, aren't we?

Can we get #sackthecoach started before the game? ;)

Turning a new leaf on that this year, no more tantrums.

Are we still the youngest squad in the AFL? Or is Gold Coast/GWS?

Hope we can turn out some sort of performance today. Seeing the likes of Carlton ans Saints having a real crack, we need to at least do the same. Looking forward to seeing the new boys in action too. Go Lions.
Pretty well watched every game and been pleasantly surprised by the standard, bar Freo and Pies (suck it). Hope we match it!

An anonymous forum is a good outlet for the inevitable frustrations this game will bring. Thoughtful discussion can come later

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just focus on being the change you want to see and greatness will follow. I think I saw that in a Lambert tweet once.

The Eagles absolutely bury teams on their home track - it matters little who they are playing. Tonight will be no different.

Last year; usually well structured teams (see below) fell apart at Domain, let alone a team with a back six as inexperienced as ours...

Geelong 56pts
Crows 56pts
Swans 52pts
Dockers 24pts
Bulldogs 77pts
Hawks 32pts

My tip: WCE 145
Lions 31

I'm only here until we are down by 10 goals.

The Eagles absolutely bury teams on their home track - it matters little who they are playing. Tonight will be no different.

Last year; usually well structured teams (see below) fell apart at Domain, let alone a team with a back six as inexperienced as ours...

Geelong 56pts
Crows 56pts
Swans 52pts
Dockers 24pts
Bulldogs 77pts
Hawks 32pts

My tip: WCE 145
Lions 31

And Port made the prelim in 2014 and didn't make the finals the next year. Who knows what will happen this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back