Autopsy Round 1, 2017: Ess v Haw, **Ess supporters read the OP** Ban Hammer will be wielded with impunity

Remove this Banner Ad

For those still crapping on about the saga, the year in question. which of our two great clubs made the GF, lets think.....o that's right, you made the GF, Essendon did not even make the finals so the supplements didn't work, and every footballer uses different types of supplements, we even have some advertise them.

On to last night, its clear that the Hawks mid-field will take a few weeks to gel and there were a few leading players with their colors lowered, and we know that they will bounce back, great players always do, during the third quarter, I thought the Hawks were going to kick away but my lot lifted.

Great to see Roughtie back playing footy, JOM and T.Mitchell will be great players for the Hawks and lets remember its only Rd 1.
So when we respond to you talking about the saga do you go whinging back to your board saying "all they talk about is us being drug cheats"...

k

I agree with all of your post, grumblez. This bit, though, is a concern for me. I'm happy to play out of position. Happy to make guys uncomfortable. But the effort has to be top notch. Last night they were outworked. I can accept getting beat when we make a big effort but when we don't make the effort we lose the value of playing out of position.

Far too often our players were caught on their heels, looking at the opposition make plays happen.

Anyway, I hope we beat Adelaide next week. But even more I hope we play like we want to win. Play like Spanger. Like every touch might be our last.

Good point but at the same time, it's like when u start a new job the first day your a statue, u know what ur job is and you just do that u have no clue how it all operates within the company, give it a couple of days and ur finding ur feet and not as flat footed and you start work seamlessly.
Only difference is that's 5 days a week they play once a week. Training is one thing but against opposition is completely different.
Just like your previous workplace you where a pro but at the new job it takes a little getting used to finding ur feet again.. give the boys some time .. it will happen

Are Essendon supporters really that dense that they can't comprehend why opposition supporters refer to their team as drug cheats? It will be the case for a long time until all involved are retired. It's not new, it was happening long before round 1 and will happen every week afterwards. Why should anyone show respect to a team which has convicted drug cheats playing for them?

If they are this precious after one round they will be suicidal by the end of the year.

They beat us last night with better ball use, spread and run and we weren't up to it, I don't think anyone is disputing that fact.

Good point but at the same time, it's like when u start a new job the first day your a statue, u know what ur job is and you just do that u have no clue how it all operates within the company, give it a couple of days and ur finding ur feet and not as flat footed and you start work seamlessly.
Only difference is that's 5 days a week they play once a week. Training is one thing but against opposition is completely different.
Just like your previous workplace you where a pro but at the new job it takes a little getting used to finding ur feet again.. give the boys some time .. it will happen

Ok. You make a persuasive argument. I'll ratchet down a bit and see how we go.

After all, I'm not out there busting my guts so I know it's pretty easy for me to couch potato and diagnose a lack of effort.

We need to find a player who can kick who can link up with Langford and Mitchell. Potentially JOM, but his skills are very rusty at present.

Shiels can't kick and hodge and burg probably can't get to enough contests. Maybe JOR when he comes back from hammie?

Who was on Heppell last night? Was it shiels?

Are Essendon supporters really that dense that they can't comprehend why opposition supporters refer to their team as drug cheats? It will be the case for a long time until all involved are retired. It's not new, it was happening long before round 1 and will happen every week afterwards. Why should anyone show respect to a team which has convicted drug cheats playing for them?

If they are this precious after one round they will be suicidal by the end of the year.

They beat us last night with better ball use, spread and run and we weren't up to it, I don't think anyone is disputing that fact.

Mate, we've been dealing with these types of comments for four years. I think most of our supporters are able to just brush it off nowadays and are looking forward to just watching our team be competitive again. We've dealt with the worst of it already.

But that's not why I came over here. It was fantastic to see Roughy back on the park and despite a bit of rustiness, he was terrific. Loved the roar even on television when he kicked his first goal. Tom Mitchell is also going to be a beauty for you blokes, just racks up the possessions at will. You have some exciting youngsters and hopefully they get some opportunities throughout the year. If you start to filter some of those kids through, get some youthful exuberance into your side, there's going to be plenty of memorable moments for the Hawks in '17.

If we are 0 - 4 after the first mth, then there will be cause to be concerned. I want to see our response next week vs Adel (which is looking scary atm). We were aweful in front of goal and the amount of easy fumbles etc, anyone would have thought it was 5 degrees, blowing a gale and teeming down with rain.
So give it a mth and then see where we are at. Yep it was disappointing, but this was Ess GF for the next 20 years. I rekon they would have knocked of most.

So when we respond to you talking about the saga do you go whinging back to your board saying "all they talk about is us being drug cheats"...

k

I don't think that I have ever written anything about what is written on other boards, to some extent the EFC has deserved a kicking for its actions in 2012, I've never prescribed to the theory that the club was all innocence and that butter wouldn't melt in its mouth and everything is the AFL & media's fault.

Last edited:
If we are 0 - 4 after the first mth, then there will be cause to be concerned. I want to see our response next week vs Adel (which is looking scary atm). We were aweful in front of goal and the amount of easy fumbles etc, anyone would have thought it was 5 degrees, blowing a gale and teeming down with rain.
So give it a mth and then see where we are at. Yep it was disappointing, but this was Ess GF for the next 20 years. I rekon they would have knocked of most.

Probably didn;t help that two of our best medium sized forwards, Gunston and Sicily, didn't spend much time there...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Guess you'll also dislike seeing Bulldogs, Port, Melbourne and St Kilda win until said players are retired hey
No, but if those players do well for them, then it's a travesty worth rectifying.

Your team are drug cheats. Its players are drug cheats. BUT your CLUB is a drug cheat and those other clubs you mentioned... They're NOT.

For those still crapping on about the saga, the year in question. which of our two great clubs made the GF, lets think.....o that's right, you made the GF, Essendon did not even make the finals so the supplements didn't work,

Really? You won 8 of your first 9 that year, and then fell in a hole by the end of the season. Speculation was, that too much muscle mass on bodies not yet conditioned to carry it around lead to a bunch of soft tissue injuries that caused the dive in the second half of the season. Sounds like the 'supplements' worked as planned, but the overall conditioning program didn't adjust well to the results.

and every footballer uses different types of supplements, we even have some advertise them.

Yes, that's why normally the word 'supplements' is used to refer to non-banned ASADA/WADA approved substances like creatine and protein. Only bombers fan's and others with a vested interest in white washing the entire affair refer to the banned drugs they took as 'supplements'.

Lol nice melt

It doesn't change the fact that we won the game and that Heppell, the drugz lel captain smashed you into pieces yesterday.

You can scream this all you like while we enjoy seeing us play good footy again :thumbsu:

Perhaps you'll melt every week for the rest of your life
Not melting at all. I don't care about bombers games, I didn't care about the 100+ point win last season and I don;t care about this loss. Your team don't exist.

You made the comment that one of our supporters should take umbrage at those teams utilising bombers players, and all of them except one, received the player without knowing they were a drug cheat, because it;s not the kind of thing you go around telling people when you are a dishonest campaigner. Perhaps it should be stamped on their forehead with a tattoo "Hi! I am a drug cheating campaigner, don't trust me with anything."

But the clubs are innocent. Essendrug, on the other hand are not.

At least Hawthorn win their games/premierships honestly. Now crawl back down your hole and look for your integrity.

We have a script at BigFooty that turns c**t into campaigner whenever it's posted...

We need one that turns "supplements" into "performance enhancing drugs"

i think a bit more needs to be said about o'meara. I was very happy with his game - sure he was rusty and looked hesitant, but picking up 20+ possessions and showing some breakaway from clearances after 2 years out of the game is a good outcome! Remember this is the guy who was going to debut a few months into season...

a few more games under his belt, some more midfield grunt from stewart and whitecross (at the expense of hartung + one of the lumberers eg schoey) and reckon we'll be looking a far better side. No idea how we'll sort out the backline though.

Backline an absolute mess.
Taylor Duryea - What the F***????!!!!
Why oh why is our elite A grade forward running up and down the wing. Why.

Have to scrounge for the positives but looks like Tom Mitchell hasn't lost a beat. JOM playing a massive BONUS (doesn't matter that he's rusty - this is huge!). Vickery some signs - I'd like him to stand up and take more grabs in F50.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 1, 2017: Ess v Haw, **Ess supporters read the OP** Ban Hammer will be wielded with impunity

Remove this Banner Ad

Back