Unofficial Preview Round 1, 2023: Hawthorn v Essendon, MCG 3.20pm March 19th

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simmo loves Bramble. No surprise to see him starting.

They've also named Caldwell, who is also underdone. Got a feeling it'll backfire. We'll run all over em.
We saw tonight how quickly players were gassed. Having players underdone in Round 1 could cost them.

But I also thought Mummy was under a injury cloud in 2012.... :'(

If Blanck can keep 2MP under wraps, I trust Sic can do the same to Weideman, but the pessimist in me fears Weideman will pull one out of the bag and play out of his skin against us.

Mitch said some good players will miss out on selection this year and that looks like being the case.

I like the idea of a bouncy fwd coming into the match nice & fresh late in the 3rd but don't want CMac to be the sub!

Really looking fwd to the game

You didn't need to attend training or be ITK to realise that mate, only follow team selection in the intra and listen to the coaching group around Bramble. He also played as bad a game as you'd see in a while against the cats in match sim.

Personally, I posted end of last season in Srimmas thread he'd need to evolve given our talent coming underneath at half-back.

I agree Srim would know. I also believe the reality of it is a message. Maybe one he'll take time to get. Being a free willing half-back is so easy in modern AFL.

Anyway, nothing discussion really.
Agree that’s it’s a message, but one that he is ready for, I can see him back in by round 2 or 3 if we destroy the scum

Realistically Day should be on a wing and Bramble should be on the bench instead.

Nothing against the guy, but I'm unsure why Bramble is favoured by the coaches. They know more than I do though, so lets TTP.

Bramble lowers his eyes when kicking forward,
our delivery with our subjective forward line is needed.
He played his best footy for us on the wing,
Let’s hope that he hits his straps again.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I see the faith in Bramble the same as the faith in Worpel. Both players have come from some lean times, but both are proven assets when they’re up and about. Sam’s backing himself to get the most out of them. I get the feeling he’ll stick with Bramble for a few games to give him every chance to recapture the form he showed when he was first upgraded. And Sam would know more about Bramble than he would about many on our list from their time together at Box Hill.

Don't mind Nash as a sub option. Come in late, run hard and hit hard. Can also pinch hit in the ruck if a big man goes down early (not ideal).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is something amiss with Hardwick? He is not in the leadership group, had a lacklustre preseason and is now on the bench. This is an unexpected turn of events.
As above - team selection positions mean SFA.

Back in the 80s, even 90s, starting on the bench seemed a sort of “demotion” from the magical starting 18.

It’s not now.

There’s clearly a back 7, and on paper he’s the rotation which starts off.

If that’s the way it transpires on Sunday, he will still be on the deck within 6 minutes of the game.

Back in the 80s, even 90s, starting on the bench seemed a sort of “demotion” from the magical starting 18.

It’s not now.

If that’s the way it transpires on Sunday, he will still be on the deck within 6 minutes of the game.

He wouldn't have started on the bench in the last five years. For a senior player like Dimma, it's still a warning being sent that he needs to lift...

If he starts there.

It’s not now.

It hard to say it means SFA for a Sunday game where the bench is selected from the extended bench. That's what people are curious about.

The players are rarely played in the exact spots they're selected for and players selected on the bench often start on the field, but this feels closer to missing the cut than if he were simply taking a bench spot for a Saturday game.

If Scrimshaw is left out of the 22 I believe he's far too talented to remain out for long. But the message will be clear that no games will be gifted. A competitive environment is very healthy for the overall development of the squad, setting higher performance standards for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back