Unofficial Preview Round 1, 2023: Hawthorn v Essendon, MCG 3.20pm March 19th

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope

I see what Greene brings
I don’t see anything in Denver

Did you see anything in DGB after his first game with us?

I recall posters on here lauding him and saying we have found a beauty with DGB, I'm sure you were impressed too.
He is a slow burn, KPPs take time, especially slight KPPs who need an extra pre-season or 2. We need to be patient with him and I reckon he will repay us in spades. I can understand some having concerns but you can't say you haven't seen anything in him.

Surely Mitch is taking the piss and playing games with Dimma starting on the bench ……. one of our best and most reliable players last couple years.

Last edited:
Mitch is taking the piss and playing games with Dimma starting on the bench ……. one of our best and most reliable players last couple years.
Let * think about it like we are all too. Is he playing or not?
By naming the 4 debutants on the field, * still has to make a plan for each of the 8 on the bench, even if just for an extra day.
I'm guessing if Dimma is named this afternoon, and I think he will, he'll start on the field. He's one of the tough guys who will be niggling the * forwards and not giving them an inch. 1st game of the season, hated enemy, don't give them anything is what I think will be the message (which is sort of taking the piss anyway!)

Let * think about it like we are all too. Is he playing or not?
By naming the 4 debutants on the field, * still has to make a plan for each of the 8 on the bench, even if just for an extra day.
I'm guessing if Dimma is named this afternoon, and I think he will, he'll start on the field. He's one of the tough guys who will be niggling the * forwards and not giving them an inch. 1st game of the season, hated enemy, don't give them anything is what I think will be the message (which is sort of taking the piss anyway!)
Essendon really wouldn't be too flustered about who was on our bench or an emergency, especially when they find out tonight anyway.

Surely Mitch is taking the piss and playing games with Dimma starting on the bench ……. one of our best and most reliable players last couple years.
Dimma will come out and flick the switch, practice matches phewy, they are for the newbies not seasoned warriors. Sam is doing what every coach tries to do, give away nothing. Go Hawks.

Reeves, Hardwick and Ward would have to be locks for 3 of the IC spots. Probably out of Macdonald and Nash for the fourth spot. Macdonald a real talent and the better performed during the praccy games and would be my choice but Sammy likes Nash with his defensive midfield attributes and his physicality.

Interesting that in an interview with SEN this morning, Sam said that team selection for Round 1 is probably the easiest because of how long you've got to plan the team. Sounded to me like a lot of the selection choices supports were a little bit shocked by have been in the works for a while.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why is Scrimshaw named 8th on the bench !? What has he done wrong ?Gotta feel for the lad.
According to the most recent episode on the Hawks Insiders, one of the listeners sent in footage of Scrimshaw moving very gingerly at training. The hosts were bemused as to why he hasn't been put on the injury list as it was apparent by the footage he wasn't moving fluidly.

Jerry Seinfeld Popcorn GIF by Sheets & Giggles

I was going to say 2 Meter Peter was going to be our biggest concern, I guess we can cross that off our list.

I was going to say McGrath was our next biggest concern. I guess we can cross that off our list when Finn goes to him.

Hawks will pump 'em! :cool:

I was going to say 2 Meter Peter was going to be our biggest concern, I guess we can cross that off our list.

I was going to say McGrath was our next biggest concern. I guess we can cross that off our list when Finn goes to him.

In what world would McGrath be a concern? 😂

Finn will most likely go to Merrett. If not Merrett, Martin. Those are 2 dangerous ones at Essendon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back