Preview Round 1, 2024: Geelong v St.Kilda - GMHBA Stadium, Saturday 16th March, 7:30PM AEDT *COLLARD, WILSON DEBUT*

Who Wins?

• Cats

Votes: 25 28.7%
  • Saints

Votes: 62 71.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stocker Cordy Battle

NWM Wilkie Bonner

Hill Ross Wood

Henry King Owens

Membrey Sharman Higgins

Marshall Steele Crouch

Wilson, Byrnes, Pou and Garcia, no idea who to sub. This obviously assuming Sinclair and Windy are unavailable.
I feel one of Owens or Phillipou will be given the 3rd key midfield spot , Ross and whoever will be in the rotations - as we know Ross has not been the answer to our problems in there so hopefully the give some other guys a crack.

Going by the latest injury news

B: Wilkie, Cordy, Stocker
HB: NWM, Battle, Bonner
C: Hill, Steele, Wood
HF: Henry, Sharman, Owens
F: Higgins, King, Membrey

Foll: Marshall, Crouch, Ross
Int: Byrnes, Jones, Wilson, Schoonermonster
Sub: Garcia/Collard

Howard, Webster, Clark, Pou (no risks with him), Sinclair, Windy, Butler, Dow, Paton would be in if available

Going by the latest injury news

B: Wilkie, Cordy, Stocker
HB: NWM, Battle, Bonner
C: Hill, Steele, Wood
HF: Henry, Sharman, Owens
F: Higgins, King, Membrey

Foll: Marshall, Crouch, Ross
Int: Byrnes, Jones, Wilson, Schoonermonster
Sub: Garcia/Collard

Howard, Webster, Clark, Pou (no risks with him), Sinclair, Windy, Butler, Dow, Paton would be in if available

Given our injury list, its amazing we don't need to field more "D" graders.

Makes you wonder what if Billings and Coff were still on the list....both playing I suspect.

Think they will play Crouch/Sincs one week 5 day break play the other.

We need one of them each week.

Dow's injury really hurts our inside mid flexibility. Hopefully we get Windy back for Geelong to plug the gap along with the addition of Crouch/Sincs.

Byrnes and even Jones are very okay as an injury replacements, just that Garcia and Shoenmakers should have half a season to get acclimatised to AFL football.

We need some good foot soldiers to beat the Pussies and having 3 debutants is not the way to start the season.

On SM-S916B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Makes you wonder what if Billings and Coff were still on the list....both playing I suspect.

Dow's injury really hurts our inside mid flexibility. Hopefully we get Windy back for Geelong to plug the gap along with the addition of Crouch/Sincs.

Byrnes and even Jones are very okay as an injury replacements, just that Garcia and Shoenmakers should have half a season to get acclimatised to AFL football.

We need some good foot soldiers to beat the Pussies and having 3 debutants is not the way to start the season.

Crouch should be fine to line up as normal. Sounds like it he's been doing a conditioning block and has been involved in main training for a few weeks.

Man it would be nice if Sincs got up for the game. Would give me a lot more confidence.

Cats are very hard to get a read on. Their midfield looks just ok. They have a lot of old players. They obviously have stars all over the ground though. Their fans will be expecting them to be a top four side, whether that is realistic I guess we'll soon find out.

Im thinking

Stocker - Cordy - Wilkie
NWM - Battle - Bonner (Schoenmaker)

Wood - Steele - Hill (Henry)
ROMA - Crouch - Sinclair (Ross)

Pou - Membrey - Byrnes
Higgins - King - Owens (D.Wilson)

Sub: Sharman/Garcia

Webster*
Howard*
H.Clark*
Z.Jones*
Windhaegar*

*Assume not fit... i reckon Sinclair plays, but a guess at best
Tv Land Wow GIF by YoungerTV

I'm more worried about Stengle, Gryanmiers, Close, and Henry than Hawkins and Cameron.

Oli Dempsey in sparkling form too. He will need some minding.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If the 5 day break between Geelong and Collingwood is stopping Sincs from playing both games then honestly I’d play him against the Cats, where he could be the difference in winning or losing, and then give him a longer break for Round 3. I don’t think we will beat the Pies at the G with or without him.
1-1 is a lot better start to the year than 0-2

I feel one of Owens or Phillipou will be given the 3rd key midfield spot , Ross and whoever will be in the rotations - as we know Ross has not been the answer to our problems in there so hopefully the give some other guys a crack.
Yeah, I don't want Ross starting in general, but given it's the first match and Pou has only played their during the pre-season, they might try for the 'safe' option. Going forward ross is not in the best team, but the position we find ourselves in with injury, he probably starts.

Yeah, I don't want Ross starting in general, but given it's the first match and Pou has only played their during the pre-season, they might try for the 'safe' option. Going forward ross is not in the best team, but the position we find ourselves in with injury, he probably starts.

He was pretty good last weekend. He started fast last year and dropped away. This year if that happens we have cover for him.

Imagine being worried about Gryan Miers ffs

Still a bit worried about our midfield- it's a bit slow, and Geelong have a bit of pace in theirs from what I've seen the preseason.

If the 5 day break between Geelong and Collingwood is stopping Sincs from playing both games then honestly I’d play him against the Cats, where he could be the difference in winning or losing, and then give him a longer break for Round 3. I don’t think we will beat the Pies at the G with or without him.
1-1 is a lot better start to the year than 0-2
But if he is that iffy to back up 5 days later he shouldn't be really playing round 1 putting himself at risk for a long stint on the sidelines .
He is either 100% and plays both round 1 and 2 or he doesn't play round 1 and comes back for the pies, playing round one and missing round two makes no sense to me

Last edited:
But if he is that iffy to back up 5 days later he shouldn't be really playing round 1 putting himself at risk for a long stint on the sidelines .
He is either 100% and plays both round 1 and 2 or he doesn't play round 1 and comes back for the pies, playing round one and missing round two makes no sense to me

I agree with that. It’s only that the club and Jack himself have mentioned the short break to round 2 as a big factor in his likely unavailability for round 1.
Then again it’s quite likely that’s just the club using an excuse to hide how seriously he injured the calf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back