Autopsy Round 1: Carlton V Richmond @ MCG - Thursday 7.20pm, 02/04/15

Who were your top 5 players for the game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

75OjfKh.gif

Grimes second half was superb.
Houli great.
Carlton in a world of pain. Other than Menzel, they are bottom four for many years

Yeah Houli deserves praise, ditto Grigg after half time.

Carlton have many holes and a bad age mix. Judd, Simpson, Daisy and many others have played their best footy already.

They could really do with a good ruck. Perhaps their top ten pick next year for Hampson:D

havent read the whole thread because my phone is flat and just got home so my 2c worth,
great win minus our stars having a dominant input,
Stoked with hunt Mcintosh in particular
Backline super after qtr time. Chappy batch rance grimes were all great.
houli is our malceski
Carlton are aweful
miles huge 2nd half as did ellis
If lids goes for that the game is ****ed
MCG beer is still too dear..
im ****ing happy
my bro in law is a massive Judd fan and when Mcintosh made him look silly in that 2nd qtr he looked at me and said he is done.

Johny boy is feeling a little bit like lids atm...just posted in doggies board might cope a few weeks lads....if so just imagine the awesome posts i would have posted...
Loved your work tonight johny boy! You never wavered!

Grimes started really poorly. A kick out on the full and a dropped mark that led to a goal. He got better. Thought Batch was solid, good link man and seemed good under pressure. Miles also had zero possessions at quarter time. Those non-stars were the key early, keeping us innit. The depth through the midfield is great, and obviously also allows Cotch, Dusty, Shed and Deledio to impact upforward.

He got a centre clearance with about 2 mins to go in the qtr... but yeah was quiet early like many of his teammates...

My boy Brando broke that tag like a beast! In for a HUGE year. Jet!
Mcintosh... did not expect this. Take a bow son
Hunt could be our Miles of 2015. All be it an outside version
Houli, Ivvy, Jack, Griffiths, Vlas, Lloyd all excellent
Our forward line is popping... i'd be happy never to see Vickery again
Biggest criticism is alot of our senior players were asleep for much of the 1st half. It was really a lot of the youngsters that sparked us half way through the 2nd. Hope it's just for round 1 as this can't be the case moving forward.
All in all f***n ecstatic that we beat the scum and that i've had a long night giving my Blue mates an absolute EARFULL!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just saw Hardwick's post game presser.
Fair dinkum. A room full of "journalists" and no-one thinks to ask Dimma about how he saw the forward line functioning tonight.
After admitting that it was doing-in the heads of the match committee for some time.. Would have liked to hear his thoughts on the whole thing. Dimma has a lot to offer when pressed on certain subjects. Just needs to be asked the right questions.

We got Taylor Hunt for free who was one of the best tonight, while Carlton traded pick 7 for Jackhs who barely did anything.

Hunt is a good get.

Jacksch will probably be good but I think Carlton will regret it when they could have had Cockatoo. He'll tear it up.

Apparently SOS (sitting at the GWS table) shock his head when Carlton called out Boekhurst or whatever his name is for their 1st pick at the draft.

Finally watched it! Was worried early with some poor efforts by Chaplin, Ellis etc.

But really we dominated from the start. Good to see us play well with our 3 stars barely doing a thing.

McIntosh - Wow

I'm in love with Sam Lloyd, I reckon he could bring so much to the table with different avenues to goal and great goal sense. If him and Titch (and possibly Knights if he can get out on the field) can combine well in the forward line it could make us a very dangerous team in our forward half.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 1: Carlton V Richmond @ MCG - Thursday 7.20pm, 02/04/15

Back