Round 1 Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only disappointments really are Charlie Dixon (22) and Ben Kennedy (23).

Jarryd McVeigh with 82 might hurt myself but most on here more than likely have him to.

Happy with the late minute Laidler (95) in.

992/9

Kade Simpson
Jared Polec
Tom Clurey (bench)
Jarman Impey (bench)

playing tonight

Funny, I was doing the reverse.

I wanted a bit more stability and reliability in the back line so I ended up selecting Enright instead of Swallow.

My score is 8/992 ATM C played.
Mcdonough and Mcveigh are my let downs.

Westhoff and Polec for me today.

As I have the 4-0-6 midfield my other lines are pretty strong.

Can understand the thought process behind Enright and he's probably one of the safest backline picks there is. Swallow wont score 135 every week, personally will be very happy if he averages 95 for the season off of 22 games. Had him locked in for a couple of months now so glad I didn't make last minute rash decisions by taking him out.

I think McDonough will get better, did some ok things out there, hoping so anyway. McVeigh can throw in an odd 80 odd game but can also go pretty big so wouldn't write him off at all, was a pretty crap day for his style of game and will still finish top 6 defenders this season.

McVeigh can throw in an odd 80 odd game but can also go pretty big so wouldn't write him off at all, was a pretty crap day for his style of game and will still finish top 6 defenders this season.

Hopefully most people will realise this and stick with him and not make rash decisions because he had one below par game.

82 will still be better than 70% of the defenders available so eryone needs to stay patient.

I also went for Enright over Swallow, just for consistency reasons. Swallow looked great last night but the real story will be told around 8-9 though.

Hopefully most people will realise this and stick with him and not make rash decisions because he had one below par game.

82 will still be better than 70% of the defenders available so eryone needs to stay patient.

In fact he had one of the worst games I've seen him play for a long time, his clanger from full back when he went the torp and totally fluffed it which resulted in GWS kicking the sealer would have cost him a fair amount of points, he shanked alot of shortish kicks and wasn't really sighted in the last quarter. 82 off of a crap game including the critical turnover is a score you would take.

In fact he had one of the worst games I've seen him play for a long time, his clanger from full back when he went the torp and totally fluffed it which resulted in GWS kicking the sealer would have cost him a fair amount of points, he shanked alot of shortish kicks and wasn't really sighted in the last quarter. 82 off of a crap game including the critical turnover is a score you would take.

Yep, totally agree.

Judd_Magic I blame you for McDonough :mad::mad::p

Also realised that I didn't have Parker, I traded him out for Walters a couple weeks ago :oops:

739/7 so far, but that's not including Mumford's score or Beams as my captain. I'm very happy so far, Walters and McDonough my weak links with 65 and 45 respectively.

Also I told you all about Swallow :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Murphy to get a hard Cornes tag?

He did last year and murdered him in the last quarter of that game. Kornes has been tagging him since 2011, his last three scores against port have been 130, 130, 127. Call me biased but a fit Murphy is a top 5 midfielder of the comp and should get back to a 110+ avg.

He did last year and murdered him in the last quarter of that game. Kornes has been tagging him since 2011, his last three scores against port have been 130, 130, 127. Call me biased but a fit Murphy is a top 5 midfielder of the comp and should get back to a 110+ avg.
biased, I'll name 5 who are better
in fact I'll name 10

GAJ, Pendles, Selwood, Beams, Dangerfield, Swan, SJ, Griffen, Watson, Rockliff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back