Round 1 Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
341 for 4. Not all too disappointed. That's 2 rookies a mid pricer and a premo.

It feels weird though. The points to cost matrix is completely backwards. My cheapest player scored the highest. My most expensive scored the least....

Had Hunt in my team all Pre-Season, let my mates talk me out of him so got Goodes instead (I'm now not convinced Goodes won't be sub). Had McIntosh on the bench with the EMG. Might kill two birds with one stone and get a no body at D6 so I can get McIntosh's 120 and also get Hunt in next week. Thoughts?

Last edited:

Had Hunt in my team all Pre-Season, let my mates talk me out of him so got Goodes instead. Had McIntosh on the bench with the EMG. Might kill two birds with one stone and get a no body at D6 so I can get McIntosh's 120 and also get Hunt in next week. Thoughts?

Im actually thinking of doing something like this. Just not sure how much value I should be putting on a trade.

Had Hunt in my team all Pre-Season, let my mates talk me out of him so got Goodes instead (I'm now not convinced Goodes won't be sub). Had McIntosh on the bench with the EMG. Might kill two birds with one stone and get a no body at D6 so I can get McIntosh's 120 and also get Hunt in next week. Thoughts?

Im actually thinking of doing something like this. Just not sure how much value I should be putting on a trade.
Ludicrous.

You're going to trade out a playing rookie to get in a non-playing rookie who may never play all year, and just sit on your bench, just to gain 50 odd points.

Post team DT_35

Ludicrous.

You're going to trade out a playing rookie to get in a non-playing rookie who may never play all year, and just sit on your bench, just to gain 50 odd points.

Post team DT_35
Could be an idea if Vandenberg, Anderson, Sinclair, Blakely all don't get named, you'll need to find a playing replacement which means more than likely one of the $200k mids (Newton, Sheed et al.). To make funds available, you might need to force a re-structure, might as well take the risk and hope the non-playing rookie gets a go.

Ludicrous.

Post team DT_35

You didn't read my post correctly. Goodes > Whitecross (or any player not playing) before the lockout, leave Whitecross on the field and get McIntosh's score. And after the round ends, use 1 trade to go Whitecross > Hunt

Ludicrous.

Post team DT_35

I know, it is ridiculous, but im just thinking that maybe having a non playing rookie will allow me to side trade to a performing rookie who ever they may be.

It wont happen, who knows Saad could come out an top the ton as well, who knows.

You didn't read my post correctly. Goodes > Whitecross (or any player not playing) before the lockout, leave Whitecross on the field and get McIntosh's score. And after the round ends, use 1 trade to go Whitecross > Hunt
You're right, I didnt, however you're banking on Hunt based on one round. You're also robbing yourself of Goodes who was a gun averaging 91.2 in his debut year before getting injured. Will Hunt go near that average?

Goodes was my D1 for a period in 2013, that's how well he was travelling.

who knows Saad could come out an top the ton as well, who knows.
Precisely.

Knee jerk reactions don't normally end well.

In fact, I think the community in general would be well served by having Round 1 as a non-rolling lockout round.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is Goodes a must have? I'm flirting with the idea of not having him.

Not for mine. A few bad games and he's probably out of the team, rumours of being a sub risk too which I don't buy.

Maric's crap score comes down to only 12% HO/advantage.

I reckon 4% of that was him following up on he's ruck work. Also did you notice the sneaky tap on in the defensive wing he tried in the second qtr, to no one with hardly no pressure. Pitiful...

Hopefully it was just first game blues...

I reckon 4% of that was him following up on he's ruck work. Also did you notice the sneaky tap on in the defensive wing he tried in the second qtr, to no one with hardly no pressure. Pitiful...

Hopefully it was just first game blues...

Intentional pun?

Is Goodes a must have? I'm flirting with the idea of not having him.
He's gonna burn a few people this year IMO. After last nights performance from McIntosh I'd much rather start Saad and him over Goodes. That 150k comes in handy, too.

hahha my missus had the big mac on the bench too. blamed me for it. I had him on the field and recommended the same.
To back myself up here(Or to try and make myself feel better-Whatever works best), I was down at the local footy last night watching the juniors run around from 5 onwards and then played in the senior game at 6 30 so had no idea if Mac was going to be sub or not so just popped him on the bench and stuck the E on him.

He's gonna burn a few people this year IMO. After last nights performance from McIntosh I'd much rather start Saad and him over Goodes. That 150k comes in handy, too.

It seemed like such a logical decision. Surely with no Griffen and Libba you guys could use Goodes for times in the midfield. How long do you think it will be before Hamling comes into the side?

It seemed like such a logical decision. Surely with no Griffen and Libba you guys could use Goodes for times in the midfield. How long do you think it will be before Hamling comes into the side?
Hamling would play this week if he was fit. He missed training this week for some reason.

I think Goodes will be out the second Hrovat/Stevens are fully fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back