Round 1 discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kerridge playing full time mid.
90+ F6 keeper?
yeah, i think he's locked in F6 for the season. Absolute bargain.

Menadue going to be a handy cash cow by the looks. Similar to K Mac last year. Sell him when he gets to ~ 350k

So...

What to do with Hartley...

1. Keep him and hope he plays soon
2. Straight trade to Lee
3. Downgrade Crouch to rookie (prob Hewett at this stage) and upgrade Hartley to a Lonergan or Sheridan

1 or 2 most likely.

At least I have a day or so to think it over.

So...

2. Straight trade to Lee
3. Downgrade Crouch to rookie (prob Hewett at this stage) and upgrade Hartley to a Lonergan or Sheridan

1 or 2 most likely.

Lee may not even make the final squad. Don't speculate. Wait until teams announced.

Rookies atm are:

Dea
McDonald
Brown
Adams
Tipa

Mills
Menadue
Kerridge
Gresham
Hewett
Davis

Goetz

B. Kennedy
McCarthy
McGovern/Papley

The last two keep changing...
So not sure whether to run with McDonald or downgrade to Hartley, make 40k and hope he plays next week. And whether to put BenKen on my mid bench for Hewett (it's a lot of money to have on the bench) so I can fit Milera in because I don't trust having McGovern or papley

I'am a bit confused as to why Grimly isn't playing round 1. I thought he was a safe bet to be playing, still could be a good r3 or f7 option.. Not sure which way to go.
Anybody else have an opinion on Dunkley? I've never seen the kid play. Not really sure.
Dunkley still not in final team i think he'll be an emergency. Grimley is a dud hartley is the confusingone not to be picked.

So I didn't start with Weitering...

Should I downgrade BenKen to McGov/Petracca/Dunkley which would leave me enough $$$ to go Lee/Hartley > Weitering next week?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Should I downgrade BenKen to McGov/Petracca/Dunkley which would leave me enough $$$ to go Lee/Hartley > Weitering next week?
No

Lee may not even make the final squad. Don't speculate. Wait until teams announced.

If we didn't speculate, this place would be a ghost town.

I'm in general agreement with your sentiment though. Not pulling the trigger on anything until more info is available.

So...

2. Straight trade to Lee

1 or 2 most likely.

I share my fellow supporters warnings here, fringe at best this stage - I watched our practise games and wasn't overly impressed with him there. Very shaky scoring and JS. Alas I am in the same position, very limited money to play with and super reluctant to change what I have so far...

I share my fellow supporters warnings here, fringe at best this stage - I watched our practise games and wasn't overly impressed with him there. Very shaky scoring and JS. Alas I am in the same position, very limited money to play with and super reluctant to change what I have so far...

Yeah, there's a reason Lee hasn't been in my team to date. Sheridan has been, but the Hartley issue aside, I'm actually fairly happy with my backs as they stand. I think I like Crouch more than Sheridan too. Doesn't hurt to think out loud though, and thanks for your thoughts as a Sainter. My thoughts as a Bomber are that I have no fkin clue how our team is likely to shape up. I would have thought Hartley a safe bet before yesterday, and look how that turned out. Essendon players are probably the biggest risk we're all taking this year.

hell no. back your judgement and save the trade.
...unless its the only possible way you can make your backline work

you'll probably have bigger problems by the start of round 2 anyways

Yeah, there's a reason Lee hasn't been in my team to date. Sheridan has been, but the Hartley issue aside, I'm actually fairly happy with my backs as they stand. I think I like Crouch more than Sheridan too. Doesn't hurt to think out loud though, and thanks for your thoughts as a Sainter. My thoughts as a Bomber are that I have no fkin clue how our team is likely to shape up. I would have thought Hartley a safe bet before yesterday, and look how that turned out. Essendon players are probably the biggest risk we're all taking this year.
I thought Hartley would of been a lock with the gc tall forward line brown and gwilt seem under sized to match up On lynch and day.

Surprised more people arnt backing McGovern (ADEL). They have no real injuries concerns and he is named. Second year player with an injury interrupted first year. Solves Hartley issue as Dea, Tippi, Brown and Adams go back with 3 of Kerridge, McGovern, Papley and McCarthy up forward.

My Rookies:
(Weitering)
Dea
Brown
Adams
McDonald-Tippunguti

Mills
Oliver
Gresham
Menadue
Hewett
R. Davis