Round 1 Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got the Holman one right;) and I'd love to be able to help you but unfortunately I ****** up my VC choices as I had Fyfe, so I'll make you a deal...I'll tell you which Rookie to play if you tell me who to play as Captain.

Ablett
Gawn
Franklin
Kelly

I'd go with Gawn

Bloody hell ......who to play on-field ....Naughton or Finlayson ?? .....HELP !!
You've paid good $$$ for Naughton, might as well give him a chance to play first
That's what I'm doing
But, again it is just a guess at this stage look at Dow and LDU :eek:

I got the Holman one right;) and I'd love to be able to help you but unfortunately I ****** up my VC choices as I had Fyfe, so I'll make you a deal...I'll tell you which Rookie to play if you tell me who to play as Captain.

Ablett
Gawn
Franklin
Kelly

Ablett ....no match practice, playing a good side @ 34 :thumbsdown:
Gawn .....possible, but no ruck has dominated so far, & 2 top one's injured :thumbsdown:
Franklin ....playing in Perth ? ...he's always a boom bust risk :thumbsdown:
Kelly .....playing home ground, Bulldogs :thumbsu:

Isn't it going to rain at the G today? Might affect Gawn
Yeah because Goldy struggled in the first half during torrential rain. I mean, there’s not many stoppages in wet weather :rolleyes:

Isn't it going to rain at the G today? Might affect Gawn.
I'd go Kelly

Kelly a good option too but will be sharing points with Cogs, Sheil, Whitfield etc. Kelly's scores were great last year but there was often at least 2 guns missing from the team each week. Who knows what impact that will make.

You've paid good $$$ for Naughton, might as well give him a chance to play first
That's what I'm doing
But, again it is just a guess at this stage look at Dow and LDU :eek:
Really torn, both teams playing each other ....Naughton will have some big bodied GWS talls to mind .....Finlayson mature 22 yo in a side that should win ? ......urghhh

Really torn, both teams playing each other ....Naughton will have some big bodied GWS talls to mind .....Finlayson mature 22 yo in a side that should win ? ......urghhh
I’m fielding both.

Kelly a good option too but will be sharing points with Cogs, Sheil, Whitfield etc. Kelly's scores were great last year but there was often at least 2 guns missing from the team each week. Who knows what impact that will make.
Didn't affect Kelly last year .....his worst score for the year, a 88 .....best 177

GWS should win today

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Doedee and Murray on my field, and lastly going Finlayson over Naughton.

75 and over and it is a successful round of fielding rookies! Premos on the other hand..

Beams - wake up
Fyfe - WTF r u doing
Lambert - U got next week mate
Rationale ?

Ablett ....no match practice, playing a good side @ 34 :thumbsdown:
Gawn .....possible, but no ruck has dominated so far, & 2 top one's injured :thumbsdown:
Franklin ....playing in Perth ? ...he's always a boom bust risk :thumbsdown:
Kelly .....playing home ground, Bulldogs :thumbsu:
Thanks mate..Very sound logic.
It's a hard one as it wouldn't surprise me if GAJ rattled a huge one in his first game back, I expect Gawn to be "safe 110 bet", Kelly is juicy but I can't see him getting 140ish but with Gawn I think it's possible.

Franklin could go huge but man it'd take some huge cojones to pick him.

In regards to your question, for me, Naughton is the safer bet...But Finlayson has the higher ceiling potential.
I'm going Naughton FWIW but the again I stuffed up my VC choice.

1191/10(c) and it appears I'm lagging behind on players played thus far - maybe I have some pods?

Gawn, Hibberd, Petracca, Zuthrie

Cogs, Punchable, Bont, Dahl, Naughty

Heeney, NicNat, Ryan

I think you've missed my point
IIRC it was a concern over point sharing .....don't think it's an issue ....it hasn't stopped Coaches selecting Danger, or Buddy ....champions will still dominate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back