Game Day Round 1 Geelong v Adelaide Sat Mar 20 4:35 pm @ AO

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wtf has happened to Hawkins? Being outplayed by a rookie. Why are we still bombing it into the forward line? And wtf is going on with our backline? Looks like we’re in for a long season

Here's something for CS to do.......give the boys regular and repeated skills training. Teach them how to kick and handball.
Malcolm Blight said on the radio yesterday that if you watch the guys at training they rarely if ever miss a target by foot. He's right.

This is pressure and head stuff with us.

Last edited:

I can’t imagine a worse half of footy, or a more disappointing one. I kind of hope the coach punches every single of of these blokes in the dick at half time and let’s them know what a piss weak effort that was.
Almost ready to throw the baby out with the bath water at half time in round 1!

fu** these rule changes have killed us. The ground couldn't be bigger, can't do sh*t to stop anything on the lead.

Yep, agree, we're the team most negatively impacted by the rule changes. I suspect the effect the rules have had on us will be running narrative through the rest of the season.

Zac Guthrie has proven absolutely nothing in the half-decade he's been at football club. The fact he's on the list still let alone getting senior games is an indictment.

What does he actually do well, can anyone pinpoint it?
I’m glad you’re singling out one kid out of the whole team

like I said this board loves laying into the whipping Boys, he’s hardly ever in the side but hey he’s the sole reasons we are done by six goals right?

that’s right focus your rage on a player thats hardly in the side ...it really shows you know what you’re talking about

kolo Is getting smashed again. He cost us the grand final.

parfitts one of our few genuine good players.
He didn’t. Partridge already refuted that crap. He gave Martin the goal before half time and the last one once the game was done. The other two were on other players

Parfitt has been decent so far.

That small fast defence you craved doing oh so well. Crows men out everywhere.

When you quitting the board as promised or are you a welching squib? ;)

It wasn't enough that Kolo basically lost us the Grand Final, now he's basically handing a win via Tex Walker to the Crows.

We do not deserve to win this, even if we do decide to pull our finger out. I'm not even angry, as the stark contrast between the two sides is just pure effort and care. We are an arrogant team, and we deserve every bit of this.

Lastly, an apology to all those we mocked who predicted this very eventuality - I couldn't have imagined it would be this bad though

Oh well, I'm outta here and off to a family dinner

Hopefully the second half is vastly improved from what I've just watch

And if not, please try to not kill each other...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a shocker so far, we look like witches hats. Usual BS start and chump teams playing like champions against us. Adelaide playing on all the time and applying huge pressure. We look slow and half-hearted. Having said that the umps have robbed us of at least two goals with Hawkins getting an early arm chop and Jenkins robbed in the square when he was in front. Who the hell is on Walker?? That flog is running rings around us. Still dirty on that prick from years ago when he concussed Lonergan pushing him into Hendo.

Don't think the hot conditions are helping but we need a rocket under us at half time. Going to be a massive task to win it from here.

No absolutely hopeless. And you could see the problems in the pre season games. Scott is just not a good a coach for us anymore. Been a big defender of his but definitely off him despite making GF last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

they are purely focusing on stopping the first 1-2 hand passes out of the contest as their defensive focus. If you want to focus on that defensively then you have to play at a high intensity because the moment it drops off you are at risk of leaking goals quickly.

they don’t have a defensive wall holding their line the way they are playing. If we get it out of the contest into space we will be able to open them up. Need to even up the midfield
That's the frustrating thing, they have so many numbers around the contest that of we did get into space we should be hurting them but we're not because no one is running. There's 18 blokes just jogging. I'm up in the western stand and from here it looks like a bunch of guys who either aren't running because they can't or don't know where to run. Look at that Dangerfield forward press where he gave a handpass into space before nailing Kelly. There was nothing ahead

he was actually getting to the right spots in the first quarter - not along that quarter though in being quieter

It is not about that. He has no hurt factor at all to his game.
He is slow, can't kick past 40 and is not offering anything defensively (0 tackles). He's just a washed up footballer who continually gets a game at the club.

Kolodjashnij simply isn't AFL standard. Those with football nous can see it those who don't have it can't.

Our midfielders have been Standing in the wrong spots at bounces for years and it still hasn't been rectified.

We simply aren't working hard enough and have drank a bit too much of our own bathwater I'm afraid.

I know it's only the first half of our season but these new rule changes are killing us. We just don't have enough pace.

Chris Scott needs a haircut. He looks ridiculous.

Something more like a Bevo mullet perhaps?

Wtf has happened to Hawkins? Being outplayed by a rookie. Why are we still bombing it into the forward line? And wtf is going on with our backline? Looks like we’re in for a long season
He too slow and 33 and useless , it’s been a miracle that today the day his lack of speed is really showing up for once

Blicavs? Henderson? There are oprions.
I'm surprised Henderson isn't on him - thought that he would be the perfect match up for that type of player

But guessing he's on Lynch?

the move needs to be made though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back