Game Day Round 1 Geelong v Adelaide Sat Mar 20 4:35 pm @ AO

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surprised Scott is not going to move Blicavs onto their best forward.
He's done this many times in the past when opposition's best forward gets on top of us. No obvious match up shift was made.

Kolodjashnij is proving to be a ordinary good player and nothing more. Worry for the club is Blicavs is drastically overrated as a key defender while Henderson is running on fumes and about to fall of the cliff.

Drop atkins for narkle. We need more players who can make goals. Miers is the one mall foward who can do that. The only one we have. Having another might free him up a bit.

Im reluctant to drop players who actually try at this point, which id say Atkins does. We have bigger problems than Atkins at least: O'Connor, Zuthrie, Dahl, Miers, Kolo... Atkins playing in the backline changes the equation as well.

Any idea what our biggest 1/2 time deficit for a win is under CS? I suspect it would have to be close to a record to win this.

I have no doubt we will make a run as Adelaides effort dry up... probably the type of result in the end that someone will be able to point positive signs about our 2 half effort.

The look like they have not played any football at an up tempo or against enthusiastic opposition...

Good sides can adjust quickly ..the third q will tel us a lot

Why have we persisted with the slow gameplan.

Adding Smith and the new rules should’ve been enough for us to want to take the game on.

It feels like one of the few positions on the team for young developing players is going to a coaches favourite that just offers absolutely nothing. The Zuthrie determination is one of the stranger things I've seen from the club in the recent times. It's Josh Cowan-faith levels of weird.
Again I got no idea why there’s such an obsession on him today when he has done more than say Kolo who is a best 22

but again keep on hating

Don't think a few selection changes would make much of a difference, but those decisions were perhaps reflective of a poor attitude.

The main problems are: the system we are trying to employ is just not working, the gameplan is falling apart; a lot of players look very slow and there should be real concern about that in relation to the age of many players. The risk of retaining and bringing in so many old players is that if their respective age-induced deterioration converges, you're in for a rough time.

Exactly. Our system is crap. Just wrong for today and that is the fundamental problem. With Cook departing and a new president I would say that Scott’s days are numbered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

to say i am disappointed us an understatement.
They are pretenders
  • pathetic
  • undisciplined
  • stagnate
  • no run
  • lazy
7 goals in that quarter kicked by a team of kids.
The whole team is playing sh*te.

Geelong usually come home, just loose and say we were great.
I do not think they can even do that.

PS Two hints:
* Can Hawkins try to play in front
^ Next game play Constable. We have to refresh our team.

Come on mate it's round 1. The first half of round 1.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surprised Scott is not going to move Blicavs onto their best forward.
He's done this many times in the past when opposition's best forward gets on top of us. No obvious match up shift was made.

Kolodjashnij is proving to be a ordinary good player and nothing more. Worry for the club is Blicavs is drastically overrated as a key defender while Henderson is running on fumes and about to fall of the cliff.

Remember when Lynch was on fire against us in the PF and Scott made no changes....

It’s not his fault. just leave him alone all of you. His man has kicked 8 goals in the last 6 qtrs of football. That’s the teams fault for not stopping the ball getting down there.

For example it’s not kolo fault that his 30 year old opponent was 10 metres clear of him in open space. Not his fault.

gero help me out? This kolo bashing is ridiculous.

free kolo!
So choosing squibbery then?

Why do I need to help you out? Partridge has already dispelled the GF argument. They weren’t all kicked on Kolo.

As for today pressure the ball carrier in midfield and Tex gets less lace out delivery.

Adding Smith and the new rules should’ve been enough for us to want to take the game on.

Although I assume we DO still try to play the tempo/slow style kick and catch, I don't think we can tell either way with the complete lack of work rate from the majority of players out there.
They aren't working hard enough to gauge that kind of thing at the moment.

Been saying this for a while but continually shot down by some. We are pathetic at moving the ball on and quickly into our forward line.
Despite kicking the most points per game last year, we are just terrible from the back half. It's very predictable. It's good to have Clark, O'Conner who are quick players but what is the point if they aren't given freedom to break the lines?

The good news for us is we are behind by a lot and that means one thing . . . high risk footy which usually means we play fast and free flowing footy. This should be a high scoring 3rd quarter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back