Competitions Round 1 Lineup vs Fremantle - CLOSING TONIGHT!! 9.00pm. GET YOUR FINAL TEAMS IN BY THEN

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fb: Morris, Adams, Boyd
Hb: Murphy, Hamling, Wood
C: Suckling, Libba, Macrae
Hf: Stringer, Stevens, Dahlhaus
Ff: Dickson, Boyd, Hunter
Fol: Campbell, Bont, Wallis

Intr: Roughead,JJ, Picken,

Daniel/Biggs/McLean

Given a fit Dickson, Campbell and Hamling ...

FB: Morris, Adams, Wood
HB: Murphy, Hamling, Boyd
C: JJ, Libba, Macrae
HF: Dahlhaus, Stringer, Suckling
FF: Dickson, Boyd, Hunter
Foll: Campbell, Bont, Wallis

Inter: Picken, Stevens, Daniel, Biggs

Emerg: Roughead (if Campbell is out), Hrovat, Mclean (if Dickson is out)

Given a fit Dickson, Campbell and Hamling ...

FB: Morris, Adams, Wood
HB: Murphy, Hamling, Boyd
HF: Dahlhaus, Stringer, Suckling
FF: Dickson, Boyd, Hunter
Foll: Campbell, Bont, Wallis

Inter: Picken, Stevens, Daniel, Biggs

Emerg: Roughead (if Campbell is out), Hrovat, Mclean (if Dickson is out)

This sounds right to me. Maybe Dickson gets a run in the twos to warm up regardless (in which case Mclean in). Dunkley must have just about earned an emergency spot too.

Hope you are right, that would require us beating 2 top 4 sides though. Been a while since we did that. I think we will win 1 of the first 3. But the next 7 after that is where we can make our charge. The 2 of the first 3 however, very tricky, and the Saint on a milestone.
They have to beat us too ;)

FB: Hanling, Morris, Wood
HB: Murphy, Adams, Boyd
HF: Dahlhaus, Stringer, Hunter
FF: Dickson, Boyd, Daniel
Foll: Campbell, Stevens, Wallis

Inter: Picken, Bont, Roughhead, Suckling

Emerg: Minson (if Campbell is out), Dunkley, Hrovat

Bont starts on the bench. Is short of a gallop and he plays his best after the initial burst where all players run too hard. Then, his moderate fast speed is good and he can take over the game. So many times he starts slowly and then gets us going.
Stevens deserves to play in the guts and can see a future role for him in M Boyd's position, rotating on ball. I had hoped Prudden would be that player but he is a bit slower than Stevens.
Dahl, Bont, MacRae and Picken to rotate into the center.
Stringer permanently forward, playing true CHF position. That will allow him time on the ball, forward and being thoroughly involved in the game. Can rest at FF when Boyd moves up the ground.
Roughhead makes it, as I want Boyd forward as much as possible. Redpath hasn't shown the endurance I want, so going with the better Ruckman instead.
Looking forward to the Goetz playing KPF/2nd ruck next year or the year after. Will add something to this team, if he makes it.

FB: Hanling, Morris, Wood
HB: Murphy, Adams, Boyd
HF: Dahlhaus, Stringer, Hunter
FF: Dickson, Boyd, Daniel
Foll: Campbell, Stevens, Wallis

Inter: Picken, Bont, Roughhead, Suckling

Emerg: Minson (if Campbell is out), Dunkley, Hrovat

Bont starts on the bench. Is short of a gallop and he plays his best after the initial burst where all players run too hard. Then, his moderate fast speed is good and he can take over the game. So many times he starts slowly and then gets us going.
Stevens deserves to play in the guts and can see a future role for him in M Boyd's position, rotating on ball. I had hoped Prudden would be that player but he is a bit slower than Stevens.
Dahl, Bont, MacRae and Picken to rotate into the center.
Stringer permanently forward, playing true CHF position. That will allow him time on the ball, forward and being thoroughly involved in the game. Can rest at FF when Boyd moves up the ground.
Roughhead makes it, as I want Boyd forward as much as possible. Redpath hasn't shown the endurance I want, so going with the better Ruckman instead.
Looking forward to the Goetz playing KPF/2nd ruck next year or the year after. Will add something to this team, if he makes it.

Yep that be the 22 I'd pick. And agree with the reasoning on Boyd and rucks.

Nitpicking but I'd probably have Jong and McLean as emerg.

So going on last yr should have about half a dozen wrong. :D

B: Easton Wood Joel Hamling Dale Morris

HB: Bob Murphy Marcus Adams Jason Johannisen

W: Matt Suckling Tom Liberatore Lachie Hunter

HF: Luke Dahlhaus Jack Redpath Mitch Wallis

F: Jake Stringer Tom Boyd Tory Dickson

R: Tom Campbell Marcus Bontempelli Jack Macrae

I/C: Matthew Boyd Liam Picken Koby Stevens Caleb Daniel

E: Nathan Hrovat Shane Biggs Jordan Roughead (could easily swap with Redpath)

B: Easton Wood Joel Hamling Dale Morris

HB: Bob Murphy Marcus Adams Jason Johannisen

W: Matt Suckling Tom Liberatore Lachie Hunter

HF: Luke Dahlhaus Jack Redpath Mitch Wallis

F: Jake Stringer Tom Boyd Tory Dickson

R: Tom Campbell Marcus Bontempelli Jack Macrae

I/C: Matthew Boyd Liam Picken Koby Stevens Caleb Daniel

E: Nathan Hrovat Shane Biggs Jordan Roughead (could easily swap with Redpath)

This is the exact team I'd be going with as well for round 1. Maybe Jong instead of Hrovat as the emergency but I think thats the 25 (narrowed down to 22) I'd be looking at.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Most have hrovat right on the fringe of selection, meaning he should play plenty of senior footy this year.

Going to be a very interesting season for the rat.

I know I don't like him as a footy player but can people explain why he is so high in selection for some

As I see it he is in next to none of the selected teams in this thread but his name continues to be floated.

He has done very little pre season so why the continued love? Jong Dunkley McLean Daniel and even Adcock have probably hasd better pre seasons so why does this bloke continue to get pushed? I'm honestly baffled by it all I see is a very ordinary player with below average skills

I know I don't like him as a footy player but can people explain why he is so high in selection for some

As I see it he is in next to none of the selected teams in this thread but his name continues to be floated.

He has done very little pre season so why the continued love? Jong Dunkley McLean Daniel and even Adcock have probably hasd better pre seasons so why does this bloke continue to get pushed? I'm honestly baffled by it all I see is a very ordinary player with below average skills
Got amongst the best in all 3 games prior to Collingwood! Not sure why he wasn't selected?

Love him or hate him MD as Fronky said earlier it's going to be an interesting year for him, dare I say it make or break !!

Hey MD, Hunter had a breakout year last year as we all know. What was the general thread of discussion around him this time last year?
Personally I don't think Hrovat will follow suit unless we leave him in a forward pocket and he manages to crumb a few each week, but I can't see Bevo doing that either. Looking at the way the contracts have been stepped out, I believe either Jong or Hrovat will be moved on at the end of the year and I see more upside in Jong. But you never know, maybe it'll click for him like it did for Hunter. Thoughts?

Hey MD, Hunter had a breakout year last year as we all know. What was the general thread of discussion around him this time last year?
Personally I don't think Hrovat will follow suit unless we leave him in a forward pocket and he manages to crumb a few each week, but I can't see Bevo doing that either. Looking at the way the contracts have been stepped out, I believe either Jong or Hrovat will be moved on at the end of the year and I see more upside in Jong. But you never know, maybe it'll click for him like it did for Hunter. Thoughts?

Hunter always had the talent he was simply lazy and not totally dedicated to footy. It was obvious if he got his head right he would make it.

Great to hear about Hamling and Dickson, both hugely important.

Hope TC gets up for round 1 too, looked like it was more precautionary than anything else so should be right.

If those 3 all get up weve got a pretty much completely full team for round 1!

Now just have to hope Lynch isnt too bad, love that kid

M.Boyd, Adams, Hamling
Wood, Morris, Murphy
JJ, Libba, Macrae
Dahlhaus, Redpath, Hunter
Stringer, T.Boyd, Dickson

Campbell, Wallis, Bont

Picken, Stevens, Suckling, Daniel

Biggs, Roughead, McLean

The last couple teams listed look spot on, but that Daniel / Biggs last spot in the 22 is a tough one. Daniel was great and deserves to play, but Biggs has been really solid and I think Bevo really rates him and likes his flexibility, especially with Freo's Walters / Ballantyne / Bennell three headed monster.

Tough decision, glad i'm not in charge of picking the best 22. The depth we have this year is nuts, at least if one or two guys don't get up for the Freo game for one reason or another, we have very capable replacements ready to step in. Even guys like Adcock and Hrovat who are more than capable best 22 type players, might not even make the emergencies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back