Round 1 team

Remove this Banner Ad

It already has happened, and from what I can remember Gibbs towelled him with 3 goals.
Gibbs flogged him in the 2nd game of 2008. We played him Deledio in that experimenting game last year and Deledio actually gave him a hiding. Reckon it's a real waste of Gibbs if we do make him take Deledio again.

I was about to mention you guys have short memories. Deledio killed Gibbs in the first half last year. Then Judd was cutting it up and he actually moved to Juddy in the second half and did a fairly good job of keeping him quite while have 29 touches himself.

To be honest I think Gibbs will probably get Jackson on him all night.

I cannot believe Carazzo is 187cm...I thought he was Murphs height wow!

Maybe some dodgy measurment going on at Carlton? He looks short as on the field..

I....To be honest I think Gibbs will probably get Jackson on him all night.

Think that's right. The Deledio on Gibbs experiment was a massive fail and it makes no sense repeating the same mistake. I don't think Gibbs is losing any sleep having Jackson as an opponent though. He's just such a hard player to tag because he is very clever, evasive and skillful. He knows all the tricks the taggers do, and knows what they're going to do before they do it.

:)

I was about to mention you guys have short memories. Deledio killed Gibbs in the first half last year.

Correct.

Then Judd was cutting it up and he actually moved to Juddy in the second half and did a fairly good job of keeping him quite while have 29 touches himself.

Way off the mark, kept him so quiet he got three Brownlow votes.

To be honest I think Gibbs will probably get Jackson on him all night.

Yep. Seems like the best player for Jackson to go to. They're going to get smashed in the ruck so I'm not sure who will be able to stop McLean giving our runners first use of the ball though.

Not going to place anyone on positions as i think its a waste of time nowadays

so here are the names that will represent our Great Club on Thursday Night.

Gibbs
Murphy
Kreuzer
Waite
Simpson
Carrazzo
Thornton
Jamison
Warnock
Henderson
Betts
Walker
Yarran
Russell
McLean
Houlihan
Bower
Joseph
Grigg
Robinson
Scotland
O'hAilpin

Emergencies

Lucas, Armfield, Hampson & Anderson

Consumption, is that a pun there igt22265?

One of those films were the Director's attempt to make "ground breaking" art quickly disappeared in2 a very unsettling display of self-indulgence.

By the film's end - and I skipped bits - I really didn't see the film's point. I guess if he was out to shock, he achieved that, but I don't see how it can claim to be a credible thought provoking piece of film.

The film was not trying to shock - it was trying to give an honest account of a brilliant book. The book, well that might have been trying to shock, but it needs to be considered that it was written almost 300 years ago in a particularly...umm....interesting and strange time by a French aristocrat who had a significant impact on the gaining of freedoms for the majority of the French underclasses.

It doesn't matter who plays on Gibbs, he is a better footballer than last year and I dont think the Tigers have anyone good enough to stop him.

In fact not just the Tigers, every club will struggle to contain him this year.

Russel, Jamison, Joseph
Thornton, Bower, Scotland
Simpson, McLean, Walker
Waite, Setanta, Yarran
Robinson, Henderson, Betts

Kreuzer, Gibbs, Murphy

Warnock, Grigg, Carrazo, Lucas

Emg Hadley, Houlihan

I loved having four debutants for this game last year...it added to the uncertainly, and gave the kids a hell of an introduction to the top flight. For tha reason (and some OK pre-season form) Lucas gets a gig. Rest is pretty self explanatory...one thing Tiges should have is pace so Houlihan and Hadley miss out on a horses for courses selection policy.

Russel, Jamison, Joseph
Thornton, Bower, Scotland
Simpson, McLean, Walker
Waite, Setanta, Yarran
Robinson, Henderson, Betts

Kreuzer, Gibbs, Murphy

Warnock, Grigg, Carrazo, Lucas

Emg Hadley, Houlihan

I loved having four debutants for this game last year...it added to the uncertainly, and gave the kids a hell of an introduction to the top flight. For tha reason (and some OK pre-season form) Lucas gets a gig. Rest is pretty self explanatory...one thing Tiges should have is pace so Houlihan and Hadley miss out on a horses for courses selection policy.

like :thumbsu:

Blues better placed than '09

BLUES defender Andrew Carrazzo says Carlton is better prepared for Thursday night's season opener than last year.

Carrazzo, who celebrates his 100th game against Richmond at the MCG, said the inclusion of mature draftees Brock McLean, Lachie Henderson and Robbie Warnock will offset the loss of Brendan Fevola.

"If anything we're in a stronger position than Round 1 last year. Fev came in carrying an injury and didn't really play well. So we're in a better position physically than this time last year," Carrazzo said today.

Blues better placed than '09

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He is taller than King & Nahas :D

Well in fairness that is not hard. He is suprisingly tall though...

No one at Richmond can contain Gibbs? Didn't you see what Deledio did to him in the second game last year? Even Sin admitted he beat him...then Lids switched to Judd. However I think Jackson should go with him this time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 1 team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back