Round 1 team

Remove this Banner Ad

Tigris, not a bad back six you've got there if you just wanted to name the best players to put down there, but defenders have to take forwards too. We're gonna need someone small and fast on Nahas, he's a pretty dangerous player. Armfield and Joseph are really the only two options to put on him.

That would have been my answer if you hadn't of gotten in first :mad::p

Interesting to hear Ratts talk about 2011 and 2012 as the timing for the (beginning of) maturing of our list. As Kane was so highly regarded, he figures prominantly in future plans and is somewhat 'fast-tracked' with more games put into him this year than we might have otherwise seen. Hope so.

Just finished watching and laughing at the Tiges new CEO on Footy Classified.

Gale.. what a joke. A pure politician.

He says his main job is "managing expectations of the supporters"

Lied and dodged the question "has Cousins been warned". Seems he has be warned by numerous people for binge drinking over the past 12 months, and was warned for a slack effort on the training track. Somehow he says he's a "good role model". Still trying to work out the Gale logic there.

He then when on to say the Tiges will have 75k members and win 3 flags over the next 10 years which made the panelists almost burst out laughing, and even Gale had a smirk on his face after that statement. What a joke of a CEO.

:)

You know parrot, it's almost getting to the stage where I enjoy reading your posts.

Over the past few years Richmond have given you so much material to slag us off about that amongst your flair for over-exaggeration, made up statements and 'massaging' of facts, there was still plenty of real problems to throw in our faces to make reading your efforts very uncomfortable.

Now however as most would agree The Tigers are actually laying the foundations for a viable period of improvement so most of your usual material is no longer available to you.

Now I see your are choosing to attack our CEO Benny Gale who is widely respected amongst football followers as a fine administrator... stop flailing in the wind there birdy...

I also see you suddenly have a great respect for Carro's journalistic integrity and take her word over everyone else's!!!! What a larf.
Virtually no true Richmond supporter has ever given her so called 'inside info' any credence & yet for 'the beaked one' she is suddennly the prophet.

It must irk you that The Tigers are doing many things correctly these days... so much so that your posts of late are looking more and more like the piles of stuff at the bottom of your cage.

You know parrot, it's almost getting to the stage where I enjoy reading your posts.

Over the past few years Richmond have given you so much material to slag us off about that amongst your flair for over-exaggeration, made up statements and 'massaging' of facts, there was still plenty of real problems to throw in our faces to make reading your efforts very uncomfortable.

Now however as most would agree The Tigers are actually laying the foundations for a viable period of improvement so most of your usual material is no longer available to you.

Now I see your are choosing to attack our CEO Benny Gale who is widely respected amongst football followers as a fine administrator... stop flailing in the wind there birdy...

I also see you suddenly have a great respect for Carro's journalistic integrity and take her word over everyone else's!!!! What a larf.
Virtually no true Richmond supporter has ever given her so called 'inside info' any credence & yet for 'the beaked one' she is suddennly the prophet.

It must irk you that The Tigers are doing many things correctly these days... so much so that your posts of late are looking more and more like the piles of stuff at the bottom of your cage.

I fail to see how pinning your hopes on a "born leader" who couldn't even finish year 9, drafting a criminal, who has already re-offended and the most injury prone KPP player in history is laying solid foundations.

I personally think that AJ with get the job on Lids, need someone negative on him!

IF Armfield is picked he will get Nahas but I honestly think that we have a few people to go to him, carrots, JR and even bower!

And I think there is a place for Walks up forward this year, much like the tiges used lids a couple of years back, try him out of the square to give the forward line a different look and if it works we don't have to switch waite every time we need a few goals.

Not here in defense of Parrot at all, but have to query these comments.

What makes this new foundation any more stable than the last? All that has been 'achieved' is the naming of some fairly ambitious targets and some pretty unconvincing pre-season performances. Certainlty no great evidence of 'doing many things correctly'. After fending of so many other clubs for Cousins prize signature, and the recruitment of Big Kev in his ambassadorial role I can recall some similar sentiments coming out of Tigerland this time last year. It took one quarter of football to bring all of that crashing down.

Martin's arrival at the club was a shermozzle thanks to your media manager, Cousins has had mysterious hospitalisations, you've a recruit with assault charges to deal with, Gale's ambitious plans have been met with more laughter than support...hardly a great launching pad. Best of luck and all, and I look forward to a more competitive Richmond but I think it needs to be a case of less talk more action for now.

Martin's arrival at the club was a shermozzle thanks to your media manager, Cousins has had mysterious hospitalisations, you've a recruit with assault charges to deal with, Gale's ambitious plans have been met with more laughter than support...hardly a great launching pad. Best of luck and all, and I look forward to a more competitive Richmond but I think it needs to be a case of less talk more action for now.

Pretty much. There was also a lot of talk about how the new coach and young players would improve their performances this year, we tried to tell them different but they wouldn't listen, haven't heard much mention of it since they 102 points behind the Hawks at 3/4 time in their first game. Yeah, they did a lot of things correctly that night :eek:

Not here in defense of Parrot at all, but have to query these comments.

What makes this new foundation any more stable than the last? All that has been 'achieved' is the naming of some fairly ambitious targets and some pretty unconvincing pre-season performances. Certainlty no great evidence of 'doing many things correctly'. After fending of so many other clubs for Cousins prize signature, and the recruitment of Big Kev in his ambassadorial role I can recall some similar sentiments coming out of Tigerland this time last year. It took one quarter of football to bring all of that crashing down.

Yeah some fair points you raise as The Tigers have been the kings of "heard it all before" over the past few years...

However give me the relative silence of Hardwick and the ambitious but strategic approach of new CEO Gale against Mr Slicko Wallace and his salesman mentor Sheedy any day. (God I'm glad Kev lost interest and is now in Blacktown)

As you say it only took the 1st qtr of round 1 last year to show just how bad we were entering our 5th year under that regime.
Even if we get hammered this Thursday night it will be in game 1 under new management with a very raw squad learning new things so as hard as it will be to watch, battle hardened Tigers like me will understand.

As to your comments re Martin's arrival, Cousins illness & Gales plan... as I said in my previous post if these are the prime things that opposition supporters are finding to take pot-shots at The Tigers about then I am unfazed.

Yeah some fair points you raise as The Tigers have been the kings of "heard it all before" over the past few years...

However give me the relative silence of Hardwick and the ambitious but strategic approach of new CEO Gale against Mr Slicko Wallace and his salesman mentor Sheedy any day. (God I'm glad Kev lost interest and is now in Blacktown)

As you say it only took the 1st qtr of round 1 last year to show just how bad we were entering our 5th year under that regime.
Even if we get hammered this Thursday night it will be in game 1 under new management with a very raw squad learning new things so as hard as it will be to watch, battle hardened Tigers like me will understand.

As to your comments re Martin's arrival, Cousins illness & Gales plan... as I said in my previous post if these are the prime things that opposition supporters are finding to take pot-shots at The Tigers about then I am unfazed.

A football related discusssion minus the cheap shots...pats on backs all round.

I personally think that AJ with get the job on Lids, need someone negative on him!

If AJ goes to Deledio I'll be extremely worried. Deledio will push forward on him and exploit the height difference between the two. I'd say that one of Grigg, Walker or Russell will go to Deledio.

IF Armfield is picked he will get Nahas but I honestly think that we have a few people to go to him, carrots, JR and even bower!

Bower on Nahas? :confused:

Surely you jest.....

You honestly need to rethink.

Nahas has express pace. Joseph is the only one who is express, and even he had trouble keeping up with Nahas in the second game last year. Armfield is fast, but not express......and the others........please tell me you are joking...........I'm surprised you didn't throw McLean in there. :confused:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You honestly need to rethink.

Nahas has express pace. Joseph is the only one who is express, and even he had trouble keeping up with Nahas in the second game last year. Armfield is fast, but not express......and the others........please tell me you are joking...........I'm surprised you didn't throw McLean in there. :confused:

Would disagree on Armfield...to the naked eye he looks as quick as any in the team, but spot on with the rest. There might be a temptation to run Joseph on a higher profile opponent, but if he could do the job on Nahas like he did Hooper last year it would be more than handy.

I can't imagine too many Carlton supporting posters on BF having had too many traumatic experiences associated with the RFC, no matter when they were born. Unless they were RFC supporters initially & then saw the light & moved onto the Mighty Blues.

Maybe this game a few years back

R7 H Carlton 7.4 13.8 19.11 23.13 151 0.2 1.3 5.3 10.6 66 W M.C.G. 52,234 07-May-2005 -

Actually since 97 we almost have split our results - we have won 9 of the 20 played so really you have not done any better than us in that period. In fact in the same years you have lost 172 games and we have lost 170.

Yeah we have been poorly preformed for a long time but in all honesty yiou are perhaps one year ahead of us in terms of long term goals in from 07 - 09 you went from 4 wins to 10 and we went from 3 - 11 then we had a shocker last year and you had a good year.

I expect you to finish higher than us again this year - as do everyone else but the long term diff is not as great as some on here would think in my opinion.

Lied and dodged the question "has Cousins been warned". Seems he has be warned by numerous people for binge drinking over the past 12 months, and was warned for a slack effort on the training track. Somehow he says he's a "good role model". Still trying to work out the Gale logic there.

He struggled deflecting the Ben Cousins issue, then tried to reword Caro's question by saying no current employees have spoken with Cuz.

They need to be honest with the issue(s) or otherwise Benny will never solve the club's problems.

Was the 2009 Round 1 defeat the most damaging loss for the Tiges for the decade? I mean, you've had many losses bigger than that, but the disastrous sequelae from that loss was truly amazing. I was even surprised by the fallout. Nasty.

Cant see it happening again, although if it does the fallout wont be so great given there is no expectation down at Tigerland for 2010. Will probably just confirm their spoon favouritism.

Was the 2009 Round 1 defeat the most damaging loss for the Tiges for the decade? I mean, you've had many losses bigger than that, but the disastrous sequelae from that loss was truly amazing. I was even surprised by the fallout. Nasty.

Not at all - in fact it was the start of the end for Wallace - An end that you predicted !!!

So in fact whilst it was embarrasing to watch - it certainly has no lasting negative fallout - i mean another ave season from us last year probably would have had Plough contract renewed and where would we be now.

Most damaging loss for the decade hmm - a tough one - i would say the prelim final loss in 2001 - the year we knocked you guys out, the game was played at the gabba and everyone thought we would lose and we did so therefore the loss did not have any effect on the "brains " in charge at the time.. Spud thought we were only a few top up players away from being a realistic chance and lost sight of the truth.

Maybe this game a few years back

R7 H Carlton 7.4 13.8 19.11 23.13 151 0.2 1.3 5.3 10.6 66 W M.C.G. 52,234 07-May-2005 -

Actually since 97 we almost have split our results - we have won 9 of the 20 played so really you have not done any better than us in that period. In fact in the same years you have lost 172 games and we have lost 170.

Yeah we have been poorly preformed for a long time but in all honesty yiou are perhaps one year ahead of us in terms of long term goals in from 07 - 09 you went from 4 wins to 10 and we went from 3 - 11 then we had a shocker last year and you had a good year.

I expect you to finish higher than us again this year - as do everyone else but the long term diff is not as great as some on here would think in my opinion.

Don;t understand the stats

Don;t understand the logic

Gobbledy Gook Hour ?

Lotta straw clutching going on around here....

Cant see it happening again, although if it does the fallout wont be so great given there is no expectation down at Tigerland for 2010. Will probably just confirm their spoon favouritism.

I don't think the pre-season hype this year is as bad as last year. Richmond supporters were just as much to blame as Terry and co for pumping up their teams expectations despite glaringly obvious list problems. It was a disaster waiting to happen and it did. More subdued this year, but still bleating out off-the-scale nutty expectations as is their culture. But when I listened to Gale last night, I wondered whether anything had really changed. He's a CEO version of Terry.

From the Blues point of view, I'm finding it hard to get a feel for what will happen in this early part of the season. As always our list talent is impressive - best in the AFL - but the huge changes in personal and gameplan, plus an average preseason haven't exactly instilled confidence from my point of view in the short-term

However, the huge positive is we're developing a young team to win flags by changing our gameplan, and persisting with talented young forwards. So win or lose Round 1 is pretty irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. I'll be more interesting is seeing how our young players develop into their new roles and how they adjust to the gameplan modifications.

Anyway, I need to see the final teams, but at this stage I'm predicting a 23 to 82 point win to the Blues.

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 1 team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back