Review Round 1 vs West Coast Eagles, Optus Stadium, Sunday March 20, 4:40pm AWST

Remove this Banner Ad

We’ll flog the eagles round 1
I like the confidence. We all know we should win this game but it's understandable to see so many Suns fans hesitant to say they believe we're going to win. I'm going the opposite direction to most on this one as well - I firmly believe we're going to win this match. Not because the Eagles are compromised but because of the way I saw us play against Port Adelaide and Geelong. We played with confidence and control.

I just don’t get it. His form hasn’t been good enough and his ceiling isn’t, in my view, high enough. What am I missing here?
Pressure! He creates the turnovers that we laud Collins, Ballard and Powell for taking the intercept marks, but Macpherson forces teams to kick long down the line, or he tackles inside 50, what he does he does well, but for me, I think midfield depth is still an issue for us so I would rather see his spot go to Davies or Flanders.

Pressure! He creates the turnovers that we laud Collins, Ballard and Powell for taking the intercept marks, but Macpherson forces teams to kick long down the line, or he tackles inside 50, what he does he does well, but for me, I think midfield depth is still an issue for us so I would rather see his spot go to Davies or Flanders.
Flanders also had great pressure numbers whenever he plays
Davies gives the flexibility of playing 'tall' and being able to take a mark or at least compete in the air in the forward line.

Could be pretty important with the great intercepting defence of the WCE.

I think we put this game away early. If we don't it will be nervous times as we learn to deal with expectation.
Last year were up by 7 points early in the last qtr and fell in a heap.
I have faith in our midfield and defenders after another year together to not let this happen again.

Lock in Darcy Macpherson for round 1 :)

Matthew Vial (FB)
Darcy told me a few weeks ago he wants to be a one club man and is staying put unless they delist him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

B: D.Swallow 24 S.Collins 25 S.Lemmens 23
HB: L.Weller 14 C.Ballard 10 W.Powell 27
C: J.Sharp 20 T.Miller 11 B.Ellis 4
HF: N.Holman 7 L.Casboult 30 J.Lukosius 13
F: I.Rankine 22 M.Chol 1 B.Ainsworth 9
Foll: J.Witts 28 M.Rowell 18 N.Anderson 15
I/C: C.Burgess 29 A.Davies 5 B.Fiorini 8 S.Flanders 26 C.Graham 46 D.Macpherson 44 N.Moyle 49 A.Sexton 6

No Markov or Corbett even in the squad is interesting.

No Oleg? Not on the extended bench, not in the injury report. Might have fallen out of favour with Spitta moving back? Poor pre-season?
Might be struggling a bit off-field too? His family is from Belarus, right?

No Oleg? Not on the extended bench, not in the injury report. Might have fallen out of favour with Spitta moving back? Poor pre-season?
Behind swallow.

He wouldn't make my team, Weller & Powell does what he does with better efficiency

Behind swallow.

He wouldn't make my team, Weller & Powell does what he does with better efficiency
Fair enough. Weller going back would’ve taken his role and spot I guess.

Not going to get easier once Buddas finds his feet again either. Building some depth and a bloody quick backline.

Hi Suns fans. Swallow is named in defence. Do you think he will play there? If so, is this a permanent thing or just one-off?
Seems to be a planned move. Maybe some mid rotations though. Guess injuries and form will determine if it’s a viable and long-term move.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Round 1 vs West Coast Eagles, Optus Stadium, Sunday March 20, 4:40pm AWST

Remove this Banner Ad

Back