Game Day Round 1 : WCE vs North Melbourne @ Eatadick Stadium 26/3 - More North than North

Winning Margin

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Won't speak for others but imo -

• Goldstein will give a clear advantage in the ruck
  • North are a good contested side and have troubled us in the past - Cunnington is a big out in this respect
  • We have a patchy record away from home
  • Round 1 always throws up some unexpected performances and I expect the North players will be determined to put in a strong performance after being widley dismissed as a contender in the off season, they are a proud bunch.
  • Waite, Brown and Thomas are dangerous forwards on their day and can be difficult to shut down if they get their tails up

I think Mitchell will help our clearances, Vartrie will at least keep Goldstein honest and our own dangerous forwardline will be able to kick a winning score but I'm not expecting an easy win by any stretch - North will definitely make us earn it

Edit : Posters from other boards are always welcome although some wear that welcome out quicker than others

Excellent post, cheers :thumbsu:

The Tassie 'home ground' advantage has been kind to us against most sides, but I have no idea how you guys lost it last year? when you were kicking with the 10 goal breeze in the last. It was more get out of jail for us than anything.

I honestly think the game on Sunday will be pretty tough. The hits will be hard and the tackles intense. We've got our work cut out because you guys certainly have more players in their prime and veteran heads out there, but being at Jihad Stadium and Round 1 we've gotta be a chance.

Your game v Hawks was pretty good and I liked the look of young Simpkin and Hrovat 2 new arrivals but WCE by about 3 goals..

Your game v Hawks was pretty good and I liked the look of young Simpkin and Hrovat 2 new arrivals but WCE by about 3 goals..
Yeah I think our 'strength' this year is being severely underrated - almost tainted as Carlton-esque witches hats by the media.

We've still got a solid core of (finals) experienced players; Goldy, Zeibell, Cunnington, McMillian, Swallow, Atley, Higgins, Wright, Tarrant, Thomas, Brown, Waite, Thompson, Gibson, Wood, etc. Then we have players like Turner and Dumont coming back from injury, along with early draft picks Simpkin, Clarke, Durdin, Mckay. Hopefully the addition of Williams and Hrovat will help inject some speed both ways.

We will surprise a few this year.

Yeah I think our 'strength' this year is being severely underrated - almost tainted as Carlton-esque witches hats by the media.

We've still got a solid core of (finals) experienced players; Goldy, Zeibell, Cunnington, McMillian, Swallow, Atley, Higgins, Wright, Tarrant, Thomas, Brown, Waite, Thompson, Gibson, Wood, etc. Then we have players like Turner and Dumont coming back from injury, along with early draft picks Simpkin, Clarke, Durdin, Mckay. Hopefully the addition of Williams and Hrovat will help inject some speed both ways.

We will surprise a few this year.

I don't think its such a bad thing axeing all the oldies last year and yes most of the Norf lines look quite strong or reasonable but Id struggle o fit Norf into my top 8 ..

You will surprise a few teams but hopefuly not WCE

http://m.westcoasteagles.com.au/news/2017-03-22/petries-emotions-rocksolid

"It's unfortunate (for them)," Petrie said. "If it was easy I'd give my good shoulder to Scotty Lycett and my good knee to Nic, because those two blokes are stars.

"I'm absolutely saddened by the effects (of their injuries), and especially Scotty because he was due to make his AFL comeback (from a PCL reconstruction) in round two or three.

"Hopefully he has a smooth transition to coming back and playing because I'd rather – and I think West Coast fans would certainly rather - those two be out there for their side.

"I'll take my opportunity but I'm saddened by the injuries to Scotty being so young.

Such a champion bloke

I don't think its such a bad thing axeing all the oldies last year and yes most of the Norf lines look quite strong or reasonable but Id struggle o fit Norf into my top 8 ..

You will surprise a few teams but hopefuly not WCE
Agree, I don't have us in the 8 either, but not the basketcases blokes like old mate Kingy make us out to be..

Why am I coming down with a dose of the ep2006s and thinking we'll lose this one? I just don't trust us in Melbourne and North aren't as bad as most pundits think. One thing you know is they'll be hard at the contest and we really struggled to meet that challenge for most of last year.

Why am I coming down with a dose of the ep2006s and thinking we'll lose this one? I just don't trust us in Melbourne and North aren't as bad as most pundits think. One thing you know is they'll be hard at the contest and we really struggled to meet that challenge for most of last year.
I think we'll come out very sluggishly due to the early start time, from memory we've always started slowly in the early Sunday games and that was without the extra hour time difference

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think we'll come out very sluggishly due to the early start time, from memory we've always started slowly in the early Sunday games and that was without the extra hour time difference
I think it was Kennedy who said in the last interview, could have been Butler though, that he keeps to Perth time when he travels, rather than adjusting forward and then adjusting back again. that would contribute to sluggishness.

I think it was Kennedy who said in the last interview, could have been Butler though, that he keeps to Perth time when he travels, rather than adjusting forward and then adjusting back again. that would contribute to sluggishness.
Yeh, I think it throws our preparation off. Plus there's a fair amount of studies that have been done on sports teams travelling east performing worse because of the time difference.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3435929/
http://www.exercisemed.org/research-blog/the-effects-of-flying-on.html

yuck. Ciders are disgusting.

actually kopparberg strawberry and lime is pretty tasty.
I heard the cranberry one is good too.
I was building confidence until I got on here.

Sam to lead us to victory
I actually think Sam will have a big influence on us playing better in Melbourne. Will soon find out, but I'm predicting he'll be the extra leader we need when we are out of our comfort zone

I think we could easily win this by 10 goals. We often start the season off with a bang and norf will have no idea what to do without harvey hogging the ball or pulling something out of his arse.
Hopefully we win by 60 and the roof is open so scott can kick off with a ripping whinge

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day Round 1 : WCE vs North Melbourne @ Eatadick Stadium 26/3 - More North than North

Back