Autopsy Round 10, 2022: Hawks hunt down the Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Have you seen Nash try and jump in the middle. A mix of Callow or Kosi will probably be the way it will go.

Would be interested to see Jiath would go at it in the middle only

I think the word you are looking for is terrified

Jiath putting his knee up into the opposition ruck, giving up 15cm and 20kg would be terrifying.

Chris Fagan reckons goals from free kicks was "the reason they won the game".

Discuss.
If the game is close enough to be decided by free kicks you didn't really deserve to win it. If they were a clearly better side they'd have beaten us comfortably.

Discuss.
Easy deflection.
Brisbane did what Richmond did last week vs us. They played the man early.

In the end though, outside of the soft frees (one each way) - ironically one where Brisbane scored a goal - the umpires weren't actually that noticeable. They were consistent I'm their interpretation throughout the game, and didn't change it based on team

Have you seen Nash try and jump in the middle. A mix of Callow or Kosi will probably be the way it will go.

Would be interested to see Jiath would go at it in the middle only
Cj in the ruck ???? Dont send a Ferrari to plough a field ( no offense ruckman )

Easy deflection.

In the end though, outside of the soft frees (one each way) - ironically one where Brisbane scored a goal - the umpires weren't actually that noticeable. They were consistent I'm their interpretation throughout the game, and didn't change it based on team

Yeah I remember thinking early that we were getting a lot of free kicks, but that most were actually there.

I think the word you are looking for is terrified

Jiath putting his knee up into the opposition ruck, giving up 15cm and 20kg would be terrifying.
Cj in the ruck ???? Dont send a Ferrari to plough a field ( no offense ruckman )
It will never happen, but he has the leap that he would be more competitive at centre bounces than the Hartigan, Nash types

Easy deflection.

You're kidding right? They were very noticeable and were very inconsistent! It was a great game of footy ruined by over zealous umpiring. It was shockingly bad.

Stupid comment by Fagan though. Conveniently ignores all the shit calls that went their way.

It seemed unpires killed their momentum in the third by some stupid frees. When they were 13 goals vs 10 goals for us. Thats when the tide started turning.

Pardon the intrusion, Firstly congrats on an excellent win against the Lions. I have a question about O'Brien who we recruited from you this s eason. Beveridge plays O'Brien as a back man. I believe he played more as a forward at the Hawks. What can you tell me about his years at the Hawks? Is O'Brien better as a forward or back? appreciate your thoughts. BTW your young team is looking pretty good. Thanks for a reply in advance.

Pardon the intrusion, Firstly congrats on an excellent win against the Lions. I have a question about O'Brien who we recruited from you this s eason. Beveridge plays O'Brien as a back man. I believe he played more as a forward at the Hawks. What can you tell me about his years at the Hawks? Is O'Brien better as a forward or back? appreciate your thoughts. BTW your young team is looking pretty good. Thanks for a reply in advance.
He’s a better defender only because the mental demons that his marking hands have as a forward don’t seem to hinder him as much when playing back.

He had the odd game as a forward where he’d take consistent marks, but he mostly would get his hands to the ball and fumble the mark 2 out of every 4 attempts…which became excruciating to watch.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Timmy O could hold a mark then he could’ve been a 50 goal a season forward.

Discuss.
Then maybe Chris Fagan needs to teach his backmen not to give away so many free kicks. His own fault.

he played back for a while for us to reasonable success ...timmy o is the almost man gets his hands on marks and spills them last second

Once again free kicks do not win or lose you a match. If you are complaining about them you are focusing on the wrong things. Umpires have always made mistakes and will continue to do so however the players make a lot more mistakes than the umpires minimise those first. I have yet to see a game where the umpires have made more mistakes than the players in the game

if Timmy O could hold a mark he would be a top 50 player, almost :grinning:

Once again free kicks do not win or lose you a match. If you are complaining about them you are focusing on the wrong things. Umpires have always made mistakes and will continue to do so however the players make a lot more mistakes than the umpires minimise those first. I have yet to see a game where the umpires have made more mistakes than the players in the game

Exactly right.
And some umpiring mistakes are just a choice between a decision one way or another - “holding the ball” or “no prior”, and its just the position of the umpire that determines the decision.

And that happens multiple times each quarter.

And speaking of Brisbane, does anyone think that Daniel Rich is hugely overrated? He sits behind the pack, gets easy possessions but turns the ball over regularly.

of course free kicks can win or lose you a match just look at the Bulldogs finals in 2016

Exactly this, it's cathartic to complain about the umpiring but you have to focus on what is in your ability to control. You need to be good enough to beat a team by a margin that can't be influenced by chance.

Exactly right.
And some umpiring mistakes are just a choice between a decision one way or another - “holding the ball” or “no prior”, and its just the position of the umpire that determines the decision.

And that happens multiple times each quarter.

And speaking of Brisbane, does anyone think that Daniel Rich is hugely overrated? He sits behind the pack, gets easy possessions but turns the ball over regularly.

Exactly this, it's cathartic to complain about the umpiring but you have to focus on what is in your ability to control. You need to be good enough to beat a team by a margin that can't be influenced by chance.
I mean its easier to blame the umpires than the players

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 10, 2022: Hawks hunt down the Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Back