Preview Round 10: Essendon vs North Melbourne, Docklands, Sunday 23/05/2021, 4:40 PM AEST

Chicken Dinner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just had a look at the North board. Jesus. I need a shower. What a cesspit.

I don’t really hate North that much. They’re just another club, and I had plenty of mates at school who supported them, but I did have a gander at their preview thread (out of curiosity) and spent a fair bit of time cringing at lame humour and crazy levels of mania. I don’t think the big footy North sub is representative of their supporter base; at least I hope it’s not.

I don’t think the big footy North sub is representative of their supporter base; at least I hope it’s not.

You're right. The quite large (in respect to their supporter/membership base) Bigfooty contingent of North fans has little in common, thankfully, with their supporter base that one might encounter socially or at games.

They are a very toxic breed online. I can't quite work out how much of it is just 'keyboard warrior' type stuff or if they are just a genuinely messed up & noxious group of people.

If they were the same type of people away from the safety of their keyboards, they would be hated competition wide as the worst supporter base by a considerable margin.

Last edited:

I don’t really hate North that much. They’re just another club, and I had plenty of mates at school who supported them, but I did have a gander at their preview thread (out of curiosity) and spent a fair bit of time cringing at lame humour and crazy levels of mania. I don’t think the big footy North sub is representative of their supporter base; at least I hope it’s not.
Yep I know a few north supporters and they don’t exhibit that level of insanity.

Had a bit of banter with them and they are pretty harmless chaps really.. This comment by one of em made me actually lol. What's with calling us * that's the most pathetic thing I've seen on bf I reckon...

"Idky * doesn’t want to admit that we have a rivalry, so what if we are ‘irrelevant’, rivalries make the game better"

Ham kicks the winning goal and Zaka almost cost us the game (calling for the ball from Snelling), so yeah this makes sense.

Bit rough blaming the guy for calling for the ball. Its the guy who kicks it that has the responsibility to assess his options (especially when you've marked in range of the goals) and hit the target he chooses to go for. So yeah its like 90% Snelling and 10% Zaka at worst for that particular play.

I thought Zaka's defensive tackling was quite good last week. Neither Ham or Zaka did much offensively (Ham's nice snap the only highlight).

Anyway they might just be lessening the load for Ham for a week (the way they did for Cox) and may bring him back in next week.

Yep I know a few north supporters and they don’t exhibit that level of insanity.

Agree, most supporters I've run into in real life have been reasonable. Only Hawthorne supporters have generally been disagreeable in my experience, but maybe I've just been unlucky to come across a few bad eggs and it's not representative of them as a whole.

It's not, mate. A lot of the board has little man syndrome. They attack anyone and anything bigger than them (which as North fans means supporters of every other team bar the expansion clubs. Also there's a bizarrely intense hatred of the Bombers on there which I just can't figure out) as well as fans who are realistic about the club. Can be a really toxic place at times. I copped a truckload of shit for saying we were clearly the worst side in the comp before this season, when blind Freddy could've made that observation. Don't get the wrong idea about us. The toxic people on the board are a minority within the supporter base, far cry from all the North fans I've known IRL

Last edited:
It's not, mate. A lot of the board has little man syndrome. They attack anyone and anything bigger than them (which as North fans means supporters of every other team bar the expansion clubs. Also there's a bizarrely intense hatred of the Bombers on there which I just can't figure out) as well as fans who are realistic about the club. Can be a really toxic place at times. I copped a truckload of sh*t for saying we were clearly the worst side in the comp before this season, when blind Freddy could've made that observation. Don't get the wrong idea about us. The toxic people on the board are a minority within the supporter base, far cry from all the North fans I've known IRL

One of my Ex's was a North supporter, and her family were super crazy about football and sports in general. It was just about all they talked about. And I've never met nicer people, treated me like family from day one. Unfortunately online brings out the toxic in people.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Imagine being a North fan having had to endure the 2000 Qualifying Final and then 2001 Comeback Game. They'd have certainly experienced some doozy Dons fans being at those games. I recall a banner being held up near the cheersquad at the time (think it appears on some old footage) that read 'PURE ARROGANCE'). We were at our peak then and everyone was envious and hated us. 2001 the AFL were giving out Lions flags to neutral fans turning up to the GF.

It's not, mate. A lot of the board has little man syndrome. They attack anyone and anything bigger than them (which as North fans means supporters of every other team bar the expansion clubs. Also there's a bizarrely intense hatred of the Bombers on there which I just can't figure out) as well as fans who are realistic about the club. Can be a really toxic place at times. I copped a truckload of sh*t for saying we were clearly the worst side in the comp before this season, when blind Freddy could've made that observation. Don't get the wrong idea about us. The toxic people on the board are a minority within the supporter base, far cry from all the North fans I've known IRL

Anyone looking at online anonymous forums as a representative sample of real life people are crazy.

Bit rough blaming the guy for calling for the ball. Its the guy who kicks it that has the responsibility to assess his options (especially when you've marked in range of the goals) and hit the target he chooses to go for. So yeah its like 90% Snelling and 10% Zaka at worst for that particular play.

I thought Zaka's defensive tackling was quite good last week. Neither Ham or Zaka did much offensively (Ham's nice snap the only highlight).

Anyway they might just be lessening the load for Ham for a week (the way they did for Cox) and may bring him back in next week.

All fair points. Play on.

They've probably forced a real rivalry at this point. In saying that, there's a real amount of hate for us on that board, the likes of which I've never seen on BF.
That post from Snake Baker is bordering on pyschopathic and deserved to be called out. Saddest part is, with so much vitriol, it is now accepted on club boards to hate us (Carlton and Hawthorn to hav there own affinity towards us for some reason).

Bigfooty really is not what it once was

That post from Snake Baker is bordering on pyschopathic and deserved to be called out. Saddest part is, with so much vitriol, it is now accepted on club boards to hate us (Carlton and Hawthorn to hav there own affinity towards us for some reason).

Bigfooty really is not what it once was

Last time I visited the NM board I did see some efforts of some of the board members to roll back some vitriol around us. I think many of them even see how out of hand it has become. I dislike Carlton supporters in general, but I'm not about to advocate for violence lol.

Heh, you'll need to be a touch more specific with statements like this.

Assuming you mean the untouchables quote in game day?

Post #16 on your game day thread. Posted at 7.23am too. They have either not gone too bed or they wake up as one angry hombre.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back