Preview Round 10: Essendon vs North Melbourne, Docklands, Sunday 23/05/2021, 4:40 PM AEST

Chicken Dinner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn’t be overly surprised if both Jones and Perkins miss the trip to West Coast next week. Ambrose can then come in for a game, and Cahill can have a shot as well.

I agree. I want all clubs to have financial stability and success (albeit less than us at all times). Although I'd be happy if Carlton, Collingwood and Hawthorn stayed sh*t for quite some time. a millennium.

FTFY.

Really don't know how to feel about Zaharakis playing another game. I guess he's playing Smith's forward pressure role?
That would be my guess too.

Waterman -> Stringer role, Langford -> wing

Cox replaces Ham I suppose.

Not sure that Ham has done too much wrong, but it might be a two week stint as the sub or something. Otherwise it's probably Guelfi that comes out, since Zaka trained as defensive forward all last year and when he finally nailed it that's when he had a run of really good form... so he seems like a good fit for the Smith role (a better fit than Ham, Guelfi, Cahill or Johnson at any rate).

I don't think they want the same bloke as the sub every week or they'll lose touch from not having played a game in several weeks, so it's good to share it around. Also means no one is getting to their milestone game sitting on the bench.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Curious as to what Zaka gives over Ambrose or Ham. Also is Ham definitely sub?
Ambrose, Cahill and Bryan all named in the VFL

Whatever the result, it’s really the no win situation game with us.

Winning this is expected (by most) … and not winning it is going to raise some serious questions. The time slot not really helpful either. First time we’ve been in this situation this year so definitely a speedhump game.

Zaharakis comes in to take Smith's role as a HFF/rotation through the midifeld i imagine.

Ham goes out for another winger in Cox.

Structurally it makes sense, but i feel uneasy about Zaka playing a full game. Hope he kicks 3 and proves me wrong though as he has feasted on lower sides before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back