Round 10 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matho and/or trengove are much safer rookie picks than hopper due to much better JS.
how is Trengove a safer pick? he hasnt even played AFL in 2 years.
plus the Dees have Brayshaw, Jetta, Salem, Tyson and Vandenberg all looking to get back in at some stage.

disclaimer: i probably wont take Hopper but will pick up Trengove when/if he's on the bubble

plus the Dees have Brayshaw, Jetta, Salem, Tyson and Vandenberg all looking to get back in at some stage.

disclaimer: i probably wont take Hopper but will pick up Trengove when/if he's on the bubble
Roos said 3 or 4 players will be changed as its alice and a 6 day break, so a player coming in does not mean js

Trengove will get priority over all those guys to play games this year, even if his form isn't amazing and the other guys is.

He's not some fringe player fighting it out to break into the best 22 and score himself a new 1 year deal.
He's a former captain and number 2 pick who is vital to the dees going forward trying to play finals.
He's had plenty of vfl time, so the 2 years off isn't a major risk.

Trengove will get priority over all those guys to play games this year, even if his form isn't amazing and the other guys is.

He's not some fringe player fighting it out to break into the best 22 and score himself a new 1 year deal.
He's a former captain and number 2 pick who is vital to the dees going forward trying to play finals.
He's had plenty of vfl time, so the 2 years off isn't a major risk.

Given the injuries he's had he's always a risk.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone from the roos want to offer any insight into Brad Mckenzie? Ave 91 from first two games this year. Played only one game last year. What's his back story? Just a spud that couldn't get into the team or injury plagued? If he has solid JS then he's worth looking at.
Was always a project player when he was drafted - slow, skinny, but smart and skilful. His first few cracks at the seniors he was a bit of a one trick pony. Incredible field kicking but hesitant around the contest and not confident in his role or able to get anywhere near enough possessions. Last year in the VFL they ran him as an inside-outside mid to round out his game with at least a semblance of contested footy and learn to find the pill a bit more. Had an excellent run of form in the second half of the year and probably would have got a look in if the seniors hadn't gone on a 7-game winning streak. Was probably a bees dick away from being traded or cut if not for a couple of retirements. Was I think the last player recontracted at the end of the season.

88 from 11 touches is a pretty good sign that he's getting value per possession, racking up effective long kicks and tackles.

This year he's been working with the defensive group and looks to have improved his 1-1 defending and tackling a fair bit while still getting a chance to show off his kicking off HB. As for JS, dunno. There's Wright to come back in DEF but McKenzie probably stays in ahead of Mullett. There's also Wells and Wood in the short term, but you'd expect Ray and Nahas to go out for them. Garner and Anderson also on the verge of coming back from hamstrings, and you'd expect they'd get a week or two in the VFL rather than straight in. In the longer term Higgins and Jacobs hoping to be back before finals. I'd guess/hope he's a good chance to get a solid run of games up to the byes.

If he was $50K cheaper or a D/M as he should be I'd be a lot keener. I'm tempted anyway but there's a fair bit of bias in that. If you take him for say, Oliver or BenKen you could free up a bit of $$ and kick on the cash generation where those two have plateaued. His R15 bye might help.

Given the injuries he's had he's always a risk.

Of course, but he's rookie priced, therefore you're not risking much, especially when there isn't an abundance of other options.

Steph martin was in the exact same boat a couple of years ago, huge injury history- hadn't played in years.
He strung some games together and became the best rookie of the year.

How on earth is Trengove vital to Melbourne's future success? Pretty sure they're not relying on a guy who hasn't played for 2 years and wasn't exactly setting the world on fire before that.
He's not, and if he does play I can see them parking him in a forward pocket for extended periods. He was so vital to them that they gave him to Richmond for pretty much nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back