Review Round 11 = Fremantle 75-75 Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Another concussion. Think that's 4 weeks in a row with a concussion. Will we have enough players to play against WB next week.

The two players we take in the MSD are definitely playing next week lol

i'm sorry but I can't be more proud of the effort tonight and all of a sudden we have 5 future AFL players who are already good enough now
Definitely Harrison and Richards. Not sure about the others yet, but there’s positives to take out of the younger brigade.

Despite the draw, I’m rapt with how we played overall. Just a bit disappointed we couldn’t hold on as we deserved the win.

Definitely Harrison and Richards. Not sure about the others yet, but there’s positives to take out of the younger brigade.

Despite the draw, I’m rapt with how we played overall. Just a bit disappointed we couldn’t hold on as we deserved the win.
sullivan really turned it around in the second half. although Parker didn't get much of a chance, he was full of composure

Agree. There's an argument that we didn't need Schultz, but none that we needed to keep Ginnivan.

We're well stocked for small forwards, but Elliott won't be around too much longer, so Schultz made sense. Richards and Harrison look very good at the moment, but small forward is one of the toughest positions to play consistently. Hill was possibly worse than Schultz tonight, had some moments that cost us in the last as well.
Shoota looked like he was playing out of the goal square as a lead up fwd.
Not his gig.
Competed ok in the air. But was severely outsized.
But certainly wasn’t playing his normal HF role.

I reckon the umpires were worded up during the week about our clock management. The free at the end, combined with the two fifties for not returning the ball fast enough reeked of an agenda. You see this overcorrection bullshit all the time from the umpires. Outside of those, I thought the game was reasonably officiated, but obviously those decisions are influential enough.
Spot on! I did think similarly, the way those clowns umpired the last 7 minutes was anti-collingwood clock management in terms of ensuring the ball was handed to Freo as often as possible. let alone allowing goals that weren't. It did have a stench to it for sure. I wonder if this is an agenda we'll see more of this season or a one off. We do need to remember that the AFL wants new teams in the GF every season, so we are not wanted by the AFL this time. What lengths will they stoop to?

i'm sorry but I can't be more proud of the effort tonight and all of a sudden we have 5 future AFL players who are already good enough now
Can't agree on Allan. Maybe he will show something in the future. Wouldn't have helped much that he ended up a KPF due to a lack of big guys in the team. The other 4 were fine.

If anyone watches the game back, check about 5 minutes left when Sidebottom doesn't pick the ball up after Matty Nicholls aggressively asks for it on the wing. It seems to absolutely infuriate him and from then on he's just got revenge on his mind.
His bald brethren betrayed him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Spot on! I did think similarly, the way those clowns umpired the last 7 minutes was anti-collingwood clock management in terms of ensuring the ball was handed to Freo as often as possible. let alone allowing goals that weren't. It did have a stench to it for sure. I wonder if this is an agenda we'll see more of this season or a one off. We do need to remember that the AFL wants new teams in the GF every season, so we are not wanted by the AFL this time. What lengths will they stoop to?
I want to be clear I don’t think the fix was in. I do think though, like they routinely do whenever something becomes the vogue with the umpiring fraternity; that they were particularly harsh on it and went out with an intention front of mind to pay it.

Also MadMundy you’re a guest on our board. Feel free to share what you found so funny about the post?

Umpires aside, it was 10.15, we had multiple opportunities to put them away but didn’t.

It was also clear the last thing Schultz wanted to do was kick a goal against his old side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Suggest you watch our coach's presser. He was full of praise for our players and team. 6 players playing under 10 games including 2 first gamers, 2nd 6 day break in a row, travelling to the other side of the country, virtually no forward line in the last....etc
Fair points. Being a man down after Checkers went off certainly didn't help either. Still inaccurate kicking cost us, we should've won.

Effectively 1 loss in the past 8 games, so I'm happy from that perspective.
Icing the games can be frustrating. But it's gotten us a flag and preliminary final the last 2 years so we have to trust the process.
Checkers going down really hurt our structure, just like last week with reef and whe, plus add in the inexperienced line up. We are doing okay. Injury list is mostly short term and could be only McStay out of a full strength team after the bye.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Round 11 = Fremantle 75-75 Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Back