Game Day Round 11: Port Adelaide v Essendon, Sund... ah who even cares anymore (4.40pm)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Happy to see the players come in and start discussing issues before the coach does. I don’t know what you’re saying Darcy so I’ll give you the benefit of doubt but you’re one of our worst repeat offenders defensively so choose your words carefully.

Parish blowing up at teammates at quarter time is laughable.

There were multiple times where he was the closest man and a Port guy marked it inside 50, for example that last Butter set shot.

Not to mention their first goal came courtesy of his kicking it from the back pocket straight to Rozee 30 out straight in front

We could easily be 3.2 here with the shots we have had.

0.5 and it looks horrendous

The problem is the reason we are 0.5 is the quality of the entries and shots at goal we are taking. We are getting enough of the ball, but our defensive transition is god awful as usual meaning their goals have been relatively easy.

I think the weather may stop this from getting really bad but there has been some pretty poor stuff.
Watching opposition walk through arm tackles or ride our tackles because of the strength difference is the thing that pains me the most.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The biggest problem is Heppell is the last person in the team who should be calling players out, he’s not even best 22 in this depleted list
Although it would be quite the paradox to be told by Dyson Heppell that your defensive game is not good enough, he is the captain and it is his job to call out other players for not meeting team standards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back