Round 11 v Geelong: Expectations?

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 3, 2004
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Man Utd, Perth Glory.
Thinking a week ahead here but what do you guys expect/ predict in this game? Our style of play v the best in the business, score, the crowd figure?

If we get belted by the Blues I reckon the home crowd figure next week will be the lowest since the 1990's.

Still the result couldn't be any worse than the 25 goal thrashing last year, could it?

The crowd is always pretty good for a home game isnt it? the other weekend it was around the 40K mark but that was v Collingwood. I would expect in the low to mid 30's for the crowd. I also expect a major flogging as well, Geelong aernt playing with ferocity though so we might get a good first and second quarter out of our blokes before they turn it on and kick 10 in a quarter. We will probably just end up watching a re-run of round 22 last year.

I dont know about low attendance, isnt 38,000 tickets (or something)pre sold to members for each game?
I wouldnt expect anything less then 37,000, especially with all the cats fans emerging from Perth.

We will probably come out and have a bit of a crack for 15 minutes and then Geelongs class will over run us.

Hopefully they have an off night in terms of goal kicking and we can have a rare "more goals then behinds" night :p

I predict:

Geelong: 4.3 9.7 14.10 19.12.126
W.C.E: 2.2 4.3 6.8 8.11. 59

Goals:
Geelong:
S.Johnson 4, Mooney 4, Stokes 3, Varcoe 2, Ablett 2, Hawkins, Wojinski, Rooke, Gamble.

West Coast: LeCras 2, Kennedy 2, McKinley 2, Embley, Cox.

Attendance: 34, 873

I'm curling up with a bottle of the strongest alcohol I can procure.

Hopefully the result will be the same as when I go out drinking; Waking up with no memory of the travesties committed the previous night:eek:

Very scary prospect, you just could not make a case for us to get within 60 points.

Be a long night I think. Expect a good crowd of about 38K, its not that often you get to see a real class side strut their stuff.

More immediate concern is this Friday against Carlton who will come out swinging after last weeks debacle against Adelaide, we should also be fired up to perform well. Should be a fiery opening.

Very scary prospect, you just could not make a case for us to get within 60 points.

Be a long night I think. Expect a good crowd of about 38K, its not that often you get to see a real class side strut their stuff.

More immediate concern is this Friday against Carlton who will come out swinging after last weeks debacle against Adelaide, we should also be fired up to perform well. Should be a fiery opening.

It's going to be a tough one. TBH I'm more interested in our blokes giving it a red hot crack - what type of football we play and whether we turn up to play - than whether we win or lose. Same for this week via Carlton btw.

Sure you can. We beat the Dogs by 33 points, they lost to Geelong by 2 points, so we're going to beat Geelong by 31 points.

Easy as that.

It's going to be a tough one. TBH I'm more interested in our blokes giving it a red hot crack - what type of football we play and whether we turn up to play - than whether we win or lose. Same for this week via Carlton btw.

I reckon thats what most Eagles supporters want to see - thats why the games Vs StKilda, Collingwood and to a lesser extent Melbourne have been a bit dissapointing - we seemed to not give it all.

Here is hoping for a massive statement to the league :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon this game is totally based on this weeks game against carlton. if we play good we will give a good contest but still lose, if we get thrashed against the blues, we will be absolutely blitzed by the cats (and im predicting nearly 100 points).

Sure you can. We beat the Dogs by 33 points, they lost to Geelong by 2 points, so we're going to beat Geelong by 31 points.

Easy as that.

:thumbsu:

So far, we have won all games shown on Channel 7. So we are looking at winning the next 2. :D PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE !!!!

Honestly, no expectations on the Geelong game (same as Port & WB & we won), but at least give them a bit of a scare and show some heart. Not to mention I'm gonna watch it live! Here's hoping I get my money's worth and watch some good footy! Shuey is playing right?

We will probably come out and have a bit of a crack for 15 minutes and then Geelongs class will over run us.

Hopefully they have an off night in terms of goal kicking and we can have a rare "more goals then behinds" night :p

I predict:

Geelong: 4.3 9.7 14.10 19.12.126
W.C.E: 2.2 4.3 6.8 8.11. 59

Goals:
Geelong:
S.Johnson 4, Mooney 4, Stokes 3, Varcoe 2, Ablett 2, Hawkins, Wojinski, Rooke, Gamble.

West Coast: LeCras 2, Kennedy 2, McKinley 2, Embley, Cox.

Attendance: 34, 873

and this is why ill be buying a massive flask of vodka.

Im not in Perth so I don't know if this already happens, but does anyone think that Woosha should come out and ask for the fans support (ie. coming to the games). We get very good crowds at home games but are the majority of the supporters really passionate about the team? Kevin Sheedy used to put the odd shout out for Bombers fans to come to games and really get behind the team, not nec ask for sympathy but to understand where the team is at and to get behind them regardless of whether they win or lose.

No our games are always sold out even in the worst of times. I dont think i'll be at this game unfortunately (the first i will have missed in a fair while) due to my own sporting commitments at the same time or i may be able to make it for the second half as i did with the Melbourne game a few weeks back. Damn Sunday games :mad:

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 11 v Geelong: Expectations?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back