Preview Round 11 v Port Adelaide MCG Sunday May 28th 1.10pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty average side we named if it’s a wet game tbh. Not much else we can do though. Would’ve liked Cumberland and some kids like Banks named, but probably won’t make much of a difference in the result.

We can still win if we put in effort. Don’t want to play how we mostly played this year though because it could get ugly if we do.

Manfred on talking tigers said Banks had his best game for the club on the weekend on the wide open spaces of the G. But nah, don't reward him with a debut this week :drunk:
Who the **** is giving Miller a game over Banks I cant be ****ed im losing my mind

It's not really about who hasn't been selected to be honest, it's more about who survived from last weeks team/

KMac has been HORRIBLE, how does he keep his spot. And for those that want to answer, because he plays his role, I understand the role he plays, and he is playing it really poorly at the moment, I would allow kid to have a crack at it.

Jack is playing hurt, it's been confirmed, so why keep playing him? Miller's not the answer long term, however, for this week he may be.

Jack and Kmac out, Miller and Banks in as an example.

Yes I would love Cumbo and Sonsie in, but again, it's not about who's missed out, it's about who's been left in!!!
Great observation on McIntosh.
He’s seriously fallen off the cliff and keeps getting rewarded for mediocrity.
This ‘playing a role’ thing (as we saw with Castagna for 36 straight games) means nothing when you don’t perform the role!

Manfred on talking tigers said Banks had his best game for the club on the weekend on the wide open spaces of the G. But nah, don't reward him with a debut this week :drunk:
Banks has better foot skills than half of the side already. I don’t know why he’s not being played. Playing youth ≠ giving up on the year. It’s just trying to find the spark to our side

It's pretty clear what we're trying to do.

Port have Finlayson and Lord as KPF so Balta and Young take them, which allows Grimes to become the 3rd tall, allowing Broad to shift into Vlastuins role.

Up forward we're going Ryan and Riewoldt with Miller an option as well. Port have Allir and McKenzie(undersized KPD) so we're looking at possibly stretching them defensively. We've also got a lot of mid sized players named as emergency which means we could sub a tall later to add more run if need be.

In the middle we've beefed up the on ball brigade with Pickett joining Taranto and Prestia in the middle to start which them means Bolton comes in with Short as the rotation midfielders which adds speed to the mix.

Slight tweaks from what we were doing under Dimma, but could have a big impact on how we go against a red hot Port
Miller goes to to toe with Allir and doesn't let him intercept. Plays him like a backman.

Gee the amount of prophetic hope on here that Cumbo is the answer to our problems is crazy, it's almost circa Mark Coughlan

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree with him as went from Menadue to a future Lids over the space of a week.

I must be watching a different game.

Kid looks lost being a permanent forward. His ruck craft though, for his age, elite.

I meant more for our structure. Bombing it to Jack doesn’t work, he gets double teamed and he can’t jump like he used to

I meant more for our structure. Bombing it to Jack doesn’t work, he gets double teamed and he can’t jump like he used to

Doesn’t work if he’s not competent though but I get what you mean.

Samson needs a rest I reckon too. Would of made more sense to have Bauer in to play forward and have Miller supporting Nank in the ruck.

But anyway let’s see how he goes. Hopefully Mini has tweaked our forward entries and we can get some scores on the board.

I must be watching a different game.

Kid looks lost being a permanent forward. His ruck craft though, for his age, elite.
Totally agree, think the best we’ve looked this year is with him at the centre bounces.

Miller can take the role of using his athleticism to get the ball to ground for shai and dusty to thrive.

Gee the amount of prophetic hope on here that Cumbo is the answer to our problems is crazy, it's almost circa Mark Coughlan
justin plapp

Doesn’t work if he’s not competent though but I get what you mean.

Samson needs a rest I reckon too. Would of made more sense to have Bauer in to play forward and have Miller supporting Nank in the ruck.

But anyway let’s see how he goes. Hopefully Mini has tweaked our forward entries and we can get some scores on the board.

20 i50s at 1/4 time for 3 goal?

Mark Coughlan was an absolute star until he did his knee. It just shows how important a couple of players can be with him and Brown bringing the team up to finals level before injuries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back