Review Round 12, 2024: Richmond Tigers v Box Hill Hawks, 15 June 2024, 12.05pm @ Punt Road Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Ward clearly way too good for the level, Seamus looked unreal off half back with his dash and dare with ball in hand, used it well. Scaife plenty of signs and some good performances from Morrison, Maginness, Hustwaite and such who did it inside (Hustwaite/Maginness) and outside Morrison.

Ward clearly way too good for the level, Seamus looked unreal off half back with his dash and dare with ball in hand, used it well. Scaife plenty of signs and some good performances from Morrison, Maginness, Hustwaite and such who did it inside (Hustwaite/Maginness) and outside Morrison.
What are the scores.

11 score involvements for Ward

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mitchell so far the best player today wasn't funny. He's a gun, looked way in front of any other player on the ground.
Bailey Mac was fantastic, but TBH a bit of a one-trick pony with the dash.... can't do that at AFL level.
Scaife a beauty, wow, a preseason and he will be a force.
Ramma got injured, looked like his ankle.
Morrison tremendous.
HH, Maginness and DGB also excellent.
Serong, Ward and Bennetts all decent, would love to see Ward actually go in there and get the ball, and I'd love to see DGB cut all those dumb things out of his game.
Bodie Ryan and Clay Tucker were servicable, didn't really notice the others. Crap ground to watch the game from.

Took the piss today. Would love to see him able to show off more of his flair in the seniors. Not sure if that's an issue of role or just the difference in levels.
Sam mentioned it in a post match press chat, Seamus working as a lock down defender on oppo small forwards and using his "elite" speed to stay with them. Seemed really happy with him in that role. Pretty hard to get past Amon, Impey and others to a shot at the run and gun burst from the back line, he is playing his role.

Sam mentioned it in a post match press chat, Seamus working as a lock down defender on oppo small forwards and using his "elite" speed to stay with them. Seemed really happy with him in that role. Pretty hard to get past Amon, Impey and others to a shot at the run and gun burst from the back line, he is playing his role.

Sammy's recent presser was pretty revealing of our list depth now.

He stated that for the first time, there was real heat on positions in the firsts. Said there were "4 or 5" players putting their hands up, but being told to keep banging the door down as its hard to drop anyone from a team thats winning consistently.

I wonder which 4 or 5 players in the magoos immediately spring to mind for Mitch? 🤔

For the game, Bennetts is really playing his high half forward/almost wing role really well. His early influence on the game was immense, and just goes about the game differently and helps to link play up to the forward line. Has a lot of unique strengths. Surely, he must be close to a debut - although he has some players in equally-profound form.

Yeah, I love Chad but other than maybe a farewell game I'd be giving Bennetts a run ahead of him (if a post opens up... not looking like it currently).

To me no rush to play Bennetts this year. He's got a Cat B spot all to himself next year outside of normal list numbers and there's no talk of multple Irishmen or Academy players on the horizon to take it.

I don't think there's any need for a Jack Saunders-esque throw him in the deep end debut to see if we get surprised.

To me no rush to play Bennetts this year. He's got a Cat B spot all to himself next year outside of normal list numbers and there's no talk of multple Irishmen or Academy players on the horizon to take it.

I don't think there's any need for a Jack Saunders-esque throw him in the deep end debut to see if we get surprised.
If I understand the rookie list rules correctly, you can only be a Cat B rookie for 2 years before you needed to be upgraded to the standard rookie list or main list. Happy to be corrected because if we can keep him on as a Cat B, that would be huge.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Round 12, 2024: Richmond Tigers v Box Hill Hawks, 15 June 2024, 12.05pm @ Punt Road Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Back