Autopsy Round 12, 2024: West Coast v St.Kilda - Optus Stadium - Saturday 1st June, 4.35pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Great win. West Coast at home has the profile of a top 8 team and have taken multiple scalps of sides better than us, so we shouldn't take this one for granted.

I still believe Clark is in our 10 best players and what he provides is unique to our midfield mix and today was a great reminder. He was almost BOG for me. Dow good and Steele lifted, must have copped a classic RTB bake.

We dominated the game after half time and deserved the 4 points. Hopefully King is ok

Clark was very good.

The forgotten man. Like a new recruit.

Cornes just couldn’t help but lay the boots in. Yeah the saints won but it was an ordinary game of 2 clear bottom 4 teams going at it.

It’s beyond ridiculous now how much he wants to be proven right about his prediction of us after getting it wrong last year.

Ins next week

Crouch for Ross
Schoenmaker for Webster
Sharman for King

nah Shoey isn't ahead of Webster.
And i don't think it will happen, all of the coaches have appreciated webster's workrate.

I want Sinclair in the backline.
We are way better when he's there.
He's a great HBF option, and as a midfield option he's equivalent to our other options.

He is good at both, when we get a winning midfield it will be great to have him play just HBF. But ATM he gives us bounce and class around the ball.

And yet we got spanked by Melbourne last week while WC got done by a 100.
Yes WCE got spanked in an AWAY game.

No " and yet" about it. It has been pointed out to you SEVERAL times already that WCE are a MUCH BETTER team at HOME rather than AWAY this season.

Do you understand what a HOME game is? And for WCE that means they play in WA?
As I said, a solid win against a bottom 3 team, and indicative of where we are at right now without papering over cracks.

See above.

Last edited:
Being a Perth lad, it's good to see us play over here, an enjoyable game. The HTB rule does my head in, Steele was tackled as he received it, htb....Reid on the other hand fended off a player, got tackled after, ball up. I'm scared that we may miss the next Gazza jnr in the draft though

But I tell you what, west coast supporters are hands down the worst in the land, by some margin.

My cousin and I were told we screamed like girls, were tossers, took it up the Uranus and then had a beer knocked out of our hands by a post menopausal Karen.....good day though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Send Windy to the oppo best mid every single effing week from here on. Just gets it done.

Our skill errors (albeit on a choppy looking surface today?) are eye-gouge worthy but there was some better looking footy in there today
As Roma played a friendly the night before against AC Milan.

Whilst Reid is an undeniable talent, it does appear that he may be drinking his own bathwater now. Throughout the game, he overdid the off ball bumping and pushing. Then after Windy closed him down we saw the sling into the ground of Darcy Wilson, then the after kick bump on Windy that resulted in a downfield kick and goal. Needs to show better control or he will pay the price with frees, performance and suspension.

Well done to Windy Looking forward to other teams giving him a hard tag now.

Saints seven goals in the first three quarters with Max King, five goals in the last quarter without Max King. 🤔🥴🤪😄

Yes WCE got spanked in an AWAY game.

No " and yet" about it. It has been pointed out to you SEVERAL times already that WCE are a MUCH BETTER team at HOME rather than AWAY this season.

Do you understand what a HOME game is? And for WCE that means they play in WA?

See above.
I genuinely don’t understand what you are arguing with. Everything I said was factual other than my belief that it is indicative of where we are at right now - a 12-16 team.

What’s your opinion? Was it a great win? Has it shown that we’re a top 8 quality side again?

Perhaps it can be a catalyst for more improvement, but it’s going to take more than a 14 point win over the Eagles (yes, even at home) to convince me that we have turned things around.

Today without being at the ground appeared to me to be the same as last week. The coaches know how they want us to play. It is actually ok. We missed a good 10 kicks going forward. It didn't cost us against a bottom team. Found a way to win. Good one.
Idk I though our I te sort and movement around the stoppages was much much better.

Our disposal going forward is still yucky. How hard is it to put the ball in front of the forwards.

Only Henry looked likely to do this.

Loved hunters tackling. Just love to see him back. We know he always takes a few weeks for his disposal to catch up.

Having king, hammer, Owens and Membrey in the fwd line doesn't work.

Skunk is too small to be a real threat in the air and not fast enough on his feet to be a threat as a small fwd. Doesn't defend so dosent offer anything.

Hammer at least applies pressure when the ball hits the ground, more tackles than king, Membrey and Owens combined.

Owens is being wasted playing the 3rd tall position.

On CPH2145 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Agree with that. It's not a fluid forward half. I would almost play Steele in the forward half and run Owens on the ball.

I want Sinclair in the backline.
We are way better when he's there.
He's a great HBF option, and as a midfield option he's equivalent to our other options.

Yep, no brainer imo. He’s ok in the middle but our midfield overall has lost basically every game he’s been in there for. If there are other options then get him back to top form from half back - will help our transition a lot.

Cornes just couldn’t help but lay the boots in. Yeah the saints won but it was an ordinary game of 2 clear bottom 4 teams going at it.

It’s beyond ridiculous now how much he wants to be proven right about his prediction of us after getting it wrong last year.

He’s right tho

We’ll start favourites in two of our remaining games, says it all really.
It's hard to predict who will be favourites in games at this stage. There will be injuries, changes of form etc. Last week all we heard was how bad we are that West Coast were starting favourites against us but by the time the game started we were favourites.

Our form at this stage suggests we won't win many but here's hoping we can get some momentum.

I genuinely don’t understand what you are arguing with. Everything I said was factual other than my belief that it is indicative of where we are at right now - a 12-16 team.

What’s your opinion? Was it a great win? Has it shown that we’re a top 8 quality side again?

Perhaps it can be a catalyst for more improvement, but it’s going to take more than a 14 point win over the Eagles (yes, even at home) to convince me that we have turned things around.
Q4 was the standard we want to see going forward. The first 3 were rubbish.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 12, 2024: West Coast v St.Kilda - Optus Stadium - Saturday 1st June, 4.35pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Back