Game Day Round 12 vs. Western Bulldogs, Marvel, 7:40pm Friday 31/05

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wondering if Markov forward (if it happens), means Parker to play a full game, or is it just Steele taking the spot? Think Noble has gone well past Markov, so can understand if we're struggling to fit him into our defence.

Wish this game would hurry up. This afternoon is dragging.

I really have no idea what to expect.

On one hand, I know where the McRae version of Collingwood that plays with heart and soul.

On the other hand, there is a point where you just can’t expect to compete when you have so many key players out injured. Pendlebury is a huge tipping point. We’re also down a coach.

On one hand, I know where the McRae version of Collingwood that plays with heart and soul.

On the other hand, there is a point where you just can’t expect to compete when you have so many key players out injured. Pendlebury is a huge tipping point. We’re also down a coach.
Maybe Pendles could be the runner

Reckon Jem Howe and AJ will be our tall forwards tonight. Both can mark, so they will draw defenders and clear space for our smalls (sans Joey, but still Bobby, Lachie and Harvey to create chaos). AJ to relieve Darcy in the ruck when the ball is in our F50,
Crisp is now third highest in the all time consecutive games list. After so many games in a row, he is a highly experienced and highly capable midfielder. Now is the time for him to launch himself to the next level. He is in scintillating form right now, and he understands fully the midfield tactics we have been utilising over the last few weeks to get such strong clearance numbers. He needs to step up to a leadership role tonight, and direct his young charges (Sullivan and Fin) in how to help continue these tactics in the absence of Pendles. To Jack Crisp, carpe diem. Seize the opportunity Jack.

I just think with our backline still in tact and our midfield still potent, we can beat them. I hope so anyway
Midfield is missing Pendles & De Goey & also our relief ruckman Cox. It's nowhere near as potent as it usually is. I don't see us getting it done this week or next, but your optimism is impressive. There are too many cattle missing for me.

Midfield is missing Pendles & De Goey & also our relief ruckman Cox. It's nowhere near as potent as it usually is. I don't see us getting it done this week or next, but your optimism is impressive. There are too many cattle missing for me.
The dogs are missing Libba and Richards. Richards has been the reason for their turn around since going in the midfield

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ed Richards carries so we'll be good 😂😂

Surely we can employ Pendles to be the runner for the next month, get him out there.
Will keep his fitness up and help the boys with onfield coaching….

A factor will be our remaining leaders ability to rally the troops given the extent of inexperience of the side Howe is a great in for this reason
Dogs on the other hand seem to be light on in this area which contributes to their flakiness
100% it’s now about our emerging leaders in Pendles’ absence and how we manage in the weeks ahead. It’s a seminal moment with a window into the post Pendles era.

Haven't been this stumped on who to tip for a game in a while. It's just hard to gauge how either team will fair with their respective in's and out's. I like the challenge though, really puts McRae's system to the test and if he can make it work with the personnel we have tonight then that'll just cement his status as a generational coach. For the next month just need to bank the wins any way they can. I can handle some cardiac issues if it means we're still getting the 4 points. Shake off the nerves, these sorts backs against the wall games is where we play our best footy so I'll back the boys tonight. Floreat Pica.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back