Review Round 13, 2023 vs Western Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Geelong at AO is gonna be a real blockbuster
On form it shouldn't be. They've done absolutely nothing this year, we should be beating them comfortably.

Boak seems to perform unreal at Marvel.
So does the whole team. I don't care about the huge drop in ground capacity - I reckon the grand final should be played at Marvel, as we never lose there :).

It's isn't theirs to give back.

Because if they're going to complain about umpires, then they can also hand the preliminary victory back to GWS

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk
And we'll have to replay the 2021 prelim, against Brisbane. Hope it goes a bit better this time!

Zac was sexual again. Hes every bit as good as peak Robbie was.

Boak was awesome. Drew was awesome. Rozee was awesome.

That pickup by Hornet!!

AA and Mckenzie down back were good.

I wanna know where this Lachie Jones came from and where we disposed the other one? What a turn around.

Mcentee his best game. Lycett the old battler got it done.

Hard not to get excited now
Honestly, he is a better player than peak Robbie ever was. Robbie never had the speed and footskills than Zac has.

That goal line shepherd to deny Weightman a goal, couldn't be more happy for it to happen

Just to correct the misconception from the commentators that it was a legal shepherd because the ball was within 5 metres - because the ball is in the air it is actually considered a marking contest so any block or shepherd is not permitted.

Just to correct the misconception from the commentators that it was a legal shepherd because the ball was within 5 metres - because the ball is in the air it is actually considered a marking contest so any block or shepherd is not permitted.
Interesting, makes sense, didnā€™t realise that myself

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That pickup by Hornet!!

I wanna know where this Lachie Jones came from and where we disposed the other one? What a turn around.

How did Arty Jones go? 6 goals without burton?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

That pickup by Hornet!!

Boak did a sexual move too , was a ripper for an old fella

Butters reminds me so much of Daniel Kerr, just with a less powerful leg.

Seriously has no idea, you can tell by the look on the players face when they see him coming for themā€¦..oh no donā€™t tell me heā€™s coming towards mešŸ™„
Not being able to pick Kellie Finlayson was very poor. Hate the term but sheā€™d have to be the highest profile WAG, for the right reasons.

Just finished re-watching the game. The 1% stuff is on another level - which is where finals are won.

Case in point. Won't get a mention in the stats or the reviews but that was probably the best game I've seen Junior Rioli play for us.

Burrowing into the packs, head over the ball and getting it out when we needed it kept in our forward line.

Got faith in this mob. They are playing for each other. Prepared to take risks and back it up with extraordinary skills and courage. Great to watch.

All I ask for from my membership is what I'm seeing right now.
I had the same thoughts about Rioli. Came and had a look here at HT and was a bit perplexed at some of the criticism directed at him. He was hitting through packs all night, beelining 50/50 balls, knocking on chasing, harassing etc all the 1%rs youā€™re talking about. All for a little bloke too.

I had the same thoughts about Rioli. Came and had a look here at HT and was a bit perplexed at some of the criticism directed at him. He was hitting through packs all night, beelining 50/50 balls, knocking on chasing, harassing etc all the 1%rs youā€™re talking about. All for a little bloke too.
If you want to find negative commentary about anything enter a Port game day thread half way through.

The reason we win all of these games when it's on the line and could go either way is really simple - we've got match winners who just separate the game when it's there to be won.

For most of the last 10 years our best players have been Gray, Boak and Wines. Gray was a match winner but Boak and Wines are more blue collar players who put in massive effort but lack the class to obliterate high quality opposition when we need it most. We've now got Butters and Rozee who just impact at key moments in the most decisive of ways, plus JHF who has less moments than the other two but has still had a big say in last quarters especially.

The reason we win all of these games when it's on the line and could go either way is really simple - we've got match winners who just separate the game when it's there to be won.

For most of the last 10 years our best players have been Gray, Boak and Wines. Gray was a match winner but Boak and Wines are more blue collar players who put in massive effort but lack the class to obliterate high quality opposition when we need it most. We've now got Butters and Rozee who just impact at key moments in the most decisive of ways, plus JHF who has less moments than the other two but has still had a big say in last quarters especially.

Yep, i've never been a big believer in the old adage that there isn't much between regularly losing close ones and regularly winning close ones. Champions step up in the big moments and win games, and we've suddenly got a bunch of them doing it week in week out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Round 13, 2023 vs Western Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back