Review Round 13, 2023 vs Western Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Never in doubt! In previous years we would've lost games like this when the Bulldogs had momentum early in the last quarter. This season there's a lot more belief and resilience and it's shown with all the close games won.

Edit- Finlayson shushing the crowd in the last quarter was cheeky, but classic. Well done!

ā€œIllegal shepherdingā€ would be wrong, even if in the goal square, right? So, I believe it was paid ā€œblocking the markā€.

Having said that, I donā€™t know if that call would be right either.
If it happened anywhere else on the ground they wouldn't even be talking about it - clear free kick. The bulldog player had his eyes on Wines the whole time, never once looked at the ball, and barrelled into his back, knocking him down.
I agree that they let a lot go on the goal line, but the free kick was there. Too bad Saddogs that they hardly ever pay that sort of thing, but that's footy - inconsistent interpretations of the rules.

Those canning Lycett and saying Jones wouldnā€™t make it as an AFL player should have posting rights removed šŸ˜‚

Lycettā€™s form is incomprehensible, but Iā€™ll take itā€¦

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Look, i know we labour this here, but unless Ken was using mental telepathy with the players from the bench in that last quarter when the game was really in the balance, it's pretty easy to see what's up, because he was just sitting there stone faced doing f**k all.
At least he's cheering us on, compared to sitting in the box and doing FA

To be fair, there was the occasional game after we already won it that he got excited in the box...

Oh and the SHart incident

Scott Lycett was a buckled wheel 6 weeks ago, tonight he has just pansted the best ruckman in the AFL staggering form reversal.

If it happened anywhere else on the ground they wouldn't even be talking about it - clear free kick. The bulldog player had his eyes on Wines the whole time, never once looked at the ball, and barrelled into his back, knocking him down.
I agree that they let a lot go on the goal line, but the free kick was there. Too bad Saddogs that they hardly ever pay that sort of thing, but that's footy - inconsistent interpretations of the rules.
Yeah, itā€™s no different to Bergman on Weightman in the first quarter. In fact much less subtle.

I wouldn't have known he was out there if Richo hadn't pulled out a Dwayne comment in the dying moments, Is this the moment he does something to turn the game on its head nonsense.
Lol Arthur Jones 0 possessions and 68% game time.

How good was mcenteeā€™s tackle on bont.. tried to run over him and he stuck it perfectly.. perfect tackle and bont gets the normal
Bont free

My throats barely recovered

McEntee has become quite the little nugget. Solid body and hard as a cat's head.

Just back from the game and logged in to shout out to big Scotty Lycett.

Midway through the third, from a Dogs kick in, they isolated English and had him lead across the ground 1-1.
Lycett was ****ing gassed but still sat on English's hammer til the Dogs player chose another option in a panic, pretty sure it was oof/turnover.

Big big credit Scotty, busted a gut out there.
When they came for us early in the 4th, Lycett had to come off the bench, such was his importance.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Round 13, 2023 vs Western Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back