Preview Round 13, 2024: Hawthorn v GWS Giants, 8 June 2024, 1.45pm @ UTAS

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
CJ free to play. But will he hold his spot?

Reeves ankle going to make him miss? Is Meek ready to go?

Wiz, Wingard, Rammsden and Ward all played well at Box Hill today.

Feels like we're hitting this game with a lot of momentum where as GWS have the opposite form line.

Since round 8 with our win over the Doggies we've gone 4-1 (really should be 5-0!!)

In that same time GWS have gone 1-3 with losses against Swans, Bombers and Bulldogs. And a small win over Geelong.

The team will definitely think this is winnable. Confidence within this group will have never been higher.

I would like to add more dynamics, for me if possible, Wingard in for Bruest.

If Noodles doesn't get up, I am for the Rama Man (subject to Meek being unavailable)

I prefer the Wiz to get a feel for playing in the seconds, applying his craft and understanding that being 1% better next level is the game changer for him and the club.

I would love to get Wardy in too but I cannot see any need to change our midfield.

In the axe sights 🪓

Seamus Mitchell - mediocre last couple weeks, looks like he is fumbling too many and needs some confidence.

Luke Breust - been doing his role well but with Wingard and Watson dominating he could be in the sights, wait and see.

Changkuoth Jiath - been quiet but adjusting, hard with good performers at VFL level.

Ned Reeves - played well but Meek straight in if fit.

Knocking on the door 🚪
Josh Ward - dominant game in the VFL, against established kids with Setterfield, Shiel among with Hately. Plenty of the ball 30+, looking really good with ball use, running, power and burst, and an overall game 👀

Nick Watson - one week in the twos and likely the next out. Was absolutely dominant and had 22 disposals with about 8 shots on goal, 4 goals gave off a couple too, way too good for the level and his magic was on display.

Chad Wingard - too good for vfl but will need to bide his time I think with Watson also playing well along with the AFL side going well, his defensive side has been solid but does seem to let his man go off him too easily at times.

A few who will be looking to come in soon.
Mitch Lewis from injury.
Harry Morrison, Finn Maginness, Denver Grainger-Barass as the depth that continue to grow and play well at VFL level, eyeing off spots later in the year.

In the axe sights 🪓

Seamus Mitchell - mediocre last couple weeks, looks like he is fumbling too many and needs some confidence.

Luke Breust - been doing his role well but with Wingard and Watson dominating he could be in the sights, wait and see.

Changkuoth Jiath - been quiet but adjusting, hard with good performers at VFL level.

Ned Reeves - played well but Meek straight in if fit.

Knocking on the door 🚪
Josh Ward - dominant game in the VFL, against established kids with Setterfield, Shiel among with Hately. Plenty of the ball 30+, looking really good with ball use, running, power and burst, and an overall game 👀

Nick Watson - one week in the twos and likely the next out. Was absolutely dominant and had 22 disposals with about 8 shots on goal, 4 goals gave off a couple too, way too good for the level and his magic was on display.

Chad Wingard - too good for vfl but will need to bide his time I think with Watson also playing well along with the AFL side going well, his defensive side has been solid but does seem to let his man go off him too easily at times.

A few who will be looking to come in soon.
Mitch Lewis from injury.
Harry Morrison, Finn Maginness, Denver Grainger-Barass as the depth that continue to grow and play well at VFL level, eyeing off spots later in the year.
In -
Nick Watson, Ned Reeves
Out -
Seamus Mitchell, Lloyd Meek

Hardwick back.

Ward for CJ a chance.

IN: Chad
Out: Shammy

Send Hardwick back.

Assuming Meek still not right.
I'm thinking Breust doesn't make the trip. Got a newborn at home so maybe takes the week off.

OUT: Seamus, Breust
IN: Watson, Wingard

Wingard sub, Hardwick goes back.

Feel like Harry Morrison should come in for Mitchell

Who kicked a bag on Mitchell? He’s a defence first player, why would he be dropped?

If it was Rachele he played on, who didn’t kick a goal, why are so many so keen to drop him? I can’t recall him costing us any goals, maybe I missed something?

If a defender keeps his player goalless then they should stay in the team. He had 13 at 92%.

Watson and Meek in.

Reeves and anyone sore out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Should be a good test.

Them coming off a bye and the Tassie factor should see us with more than a sneaky chance.

Win this and we can dream a little dream over the bye weekend.

Who kicked a bag on Mitchell? He’s a defence first player, why would he be dropped?

If it was Rachele he played on, who didn’t kick a goal, why are so many so keen to drop him? I can’t recall him costing us any goals, maybe I missed something?

If a defender keeps his player goalless then they should stay in the team. He had 13 at 92%.

Watson and Meek in.

Reeves and anyone sore out.
People feel the need to make at least one change. So pick a player from the bottom few on the stat sheet.

No unforced changes (assuming Meek is not right - he’s a better physical matchup than Reeves for Briggs)

Like it that there’s players knocking on the door now but let’s keep some continuity in the side

Sam spoke about Seamus at the mid week press conference and his role structurally which allows the flexibility with Hardwick. Seamus did his job on the weekend defensively, while also getting. 13 touches at 92%. Can’t see him getting dropped.

Only two changes I can see are Meek coming back in if fit and possibly Punky having a spell to help look after his groin issue.

If Meek comes in, Noodle drops out. If Punky is given a week off, Wiz or Chad come in.

Last edited:
Sam spoke about Seamus at the mid week press conference and his role structurally which allows the flexibility with Hardwick. Seamus did his job on the weekend defensively, while also getting. 13 touches at 92%. Can’t see him getting dropped.

Only two changes I can see are Meek coming back in if fit and possibly Punky having a spell to help look after his groin issue.

If Meek comes in, Noodle drops out. If Punky is given a week off, Wiz or Chad come in.
I thought Meek was done until the bye. Syndesmosis yeah?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back