Autopsy Round 13... cats 16.4 def Dogs 5.13

Remove this Banner Ad

How many best 22 were geelong missing out of curiosity. It's absolutely no excuse, I just want to know.

For us I count:

Jj, wood, Stevens, Murphy, crameri, Dahl

We've had the first game of the year where we showed nothing. It happens to every team. Every year. Look at the Hawks game day threads from 14-15.

Those of you getting emotional need to drop the phone, or get off the computer, and come back tomorrow and approach this with a fresh perspective.

Some of this shit is unneeded, and the bickering is silly.

Not sure about others but all in saying is that effort isn't acceptable and that the team doesn't really have any excuses for that and we shouldn't look for excuses.

But on the positive the season is still alive we are still well in the 8 and should make finals.

Guys calling for people being delisted though need to calm down

We've had the first game of the year where we showed nothing. It happens to every team. Every year. Look at the Hawks game day threads vs Richmond from 14-15.

Those of you getting emotional need to drop the phone, or get off the computer, and come back tomorrow and approach this with a fresh perspective.

Some of this shit is unneeded, and the bickering is silly.
Cats were
beaten by Carlton and Pies so shit happens

This match can be summed up in one passage of play:

Picken has a shot 30m right in front and sprays it.

Goes up the other end and Dangerfield slots one from the boundary line on 50m.

Face, meet palm.

We were really poor tonight, no doubt about it, but losing by 57 pints when we had two less scoring shots than them makes me want to neck a bottle of vodka in one gulp.

Libba, Macrae and Bonti can be excused. The rest ranged from average to terrible.

Very deflating loss.

Clearly outcoached, which was odd.

They're better than us, they played well and kicked straight.

We're worse than them, played poorly and kicked inaccurately.

Bailey Williams is a stud though. Amazing development. Even looks more powerful/explosive than I thought he could ever be, let alone half way through his first season.

Bye has come at a good time for us.
I like Bails, but he's hardly explosive. He's a second gear plodder. He will hopefully get faster of mind as experience comes though.

Not sure about others but all in saying is that effort isn't acceptable and that the team doesn't really have any excuses for that and we shouldn't look for excuses.

But on the positive the season is still alive we are still well in the 8 and should make finals.

Guys calling for people being delisted though need to calm down

There are excuses, and then there are factors. Missing all those guys, absolutely key guys....that's a factor right there. Do we want to pin this loss on injury? No. Geelong played really well, and strategically we were in the palm of their hand. Regardless of who we were missing, we had to execute a LOT better than we did. You're right there. But we really were missing some key guys, and I think it's hard to move past that as at least being a factor, not an excuse.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heard a prominent cricketer say that you have to lose a world cup to win one. That has stuck with me after the loss in last year's finals series and immediately after this game. We are not supposed to be where we are at, it's a credit to our recruiting, coaching and player development amongst many other things. That being said I believe Beveridge and the team will reflect, learn and rebound over the next two weeks.
Also don't get sucked in by the numpties on the main board. We are already better than norf and half their age. Also Melbourne will not be overtaking us any time soon lol.

I like Bails, but he's hardly explosive. He's a second gear plodder. He will hopefully get faster of mind as experience comes though.
Far more powerful through the hips than I thought. And accelerates really well over 3-5m to cut through gaps and half tackles. So impressed

The Hawks haven't gotten stronger this year.

Agree there but teams like Hawks Sydney Geelong have all benefited from being good when gws and Gold Coast got all their concessions and from free agency. It kept them at the top and didn't give the lower teams and chance to catch them and free agency was meant to be for guys not getting a game but now it's the stars chasing premierships and teams getting them for basically free

Don't forget the plastic, orange muppets.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yep and back in the old days the teams that didn't win many games or not win a major final would be made to merge

But not now keep all the teams in the comp and f just let them get close every now again, whilst the top teams play in the Grand Final

Its not rocket science and sometimes I think we are all being fooled

As I posted in the GWS autopsy, it's the coach's fault, pure and simple. Two professional haircuts this season, and we get smashed both times. Did you see him tonight? WTF was he thinking?! Get your haircuts in the bye week, or the Essendon or Brisbane week FFS! Bev, you've let us down again.

On the plus side, we got White Ribbon t-shirts in our row, so aren't driving home empty-handed.

2017, here we come...

Wallis just hasn't been that good this year. Very very poor again tonite.

Was going to post the same thing myself. He was great last year when we were missing Libba, stood up, kicked clutch goals and looked like a leader.

This year he hasn't offered a lot in any part of the ground. Does the basics and works hard but offers nothing much extra.

If it weren't for injuries he might be playing VFL. I'd drop him anyway to see how he responds.

How many best 22 were geelong missing out of curiosity. It's absolutely no excuse, I just want to know.

For us I count:

Jj, wood, Stevens, Murphy, crameri, Dahl
Murphy and Crameri arent walking through that door this year. It shouldn't be an excuse.

It hasn't been this year.

Team just had a shocker tonight.

Was going to post the same thing myself. He was great last year when we were missing Libba, stood up, kicked clutch goals and looked like a leader.

This year he hasn't offered a lot in any part of the ground. Does the basics and works hard but offers nothing much extra.

If it weren't for injuries he might be playing VFL. I'd drop him anyway to see how he responds.

Who are you replacing mitch with right now out of the VFL team?

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 13... cats 16.4 def Dogs 5.13

Remove this Banner Ad

Back