Autopsy Round 13... cats 16.4 def Dogs 5.13

Remove this Banner Ad

Didn't watch the game but sounds like that the players that didn't stand up were all under the 50 game mark. That's what you get when you play the style dogs do. A few games you'll get the least experienced players to drop. Knock this 1 up as a learning experience.

This is going to be unpopular, but Dickson has had a very poor year and had another very poor game.

Also going to be unpopular but on form, and if McLean, Dahlhaus and Hrovat are all fit, I wouldn't be playing Dickson ahead of them until he finds form in the VFL.

Our ball use and decision making doesn't change against the seasoned experienced teams. It's manic handball to ****. We are not Arsenal. The more you panic handball the more you increase the chance that one will miss a target. We did it against Hawthorn, we did it against North and we did it tonight. It doesn't work. These teams sit off us then crowd in and force our turnovers because they know the gameplan and we don't change it when the evidence suggests it should. They conserve energy. We expend it for little reward.

Also wtf is it with players fundamentally changing their kicking for goal from their field kicking?? I love him, but I'm looking squarely at Hunter from tonight. Twice he missed straight forward shots by running almost straight at goal on his approach. He doesn't do this on the field. He's heavily left leaning and missed right twice due to over correction. Kick at goal just like you do in general play ffs!!!

Last edited:

Also Bailey Williams went past Adcock on the team and now I reckon he's gone past Biggs.

Biggs' form has been poor for a few weeks now. With JJ and Wood returning after the bye I reckon Biggs might be the one who makes way, not Williams.

Sitting on the train going home from the game. Must say its the worst effort of the year by far. You could tell from the 1st bounce that they were nervous. Every touch was fumbled. No clean hands. Then when we did get clean possesion we had nobody run forward....nobody. I lost count of the number of times we had the ball...look to the fwd line a its empty. Then they chip it around a bit and the fwd line was still fn empty. You cant kick goals if nobody makes an effort run to be a target in the fwd 50.

It really looked like Bev told em all to take it easy and dont get injured. Go into the break fit and have a good rest. It's the only thing that explains that lackluster insipid performance.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Yeah and I think most lists have an amount of blokes at the same level

Put JJ Wood Stevens Crameri Dahl in and the number of blokes not good enough tonight decreases

IMO we are still 4-5 blokes off a flag

And I don't have to rate Hrovat he doesn't play

But your opinion seems to be wipe every single fringe player off our list?

You need players that are depth on the list and at times you need to play them when we have injuries like the amount we have this year. Even Hawks have used guys like Spangher and shoenmakers who are nothing more than depth and that's what guys like Jong, hrovat, honey will be or we ever truly challenge but what's the point in getting rid of them for kids who's body's won't help in finals if we need someone to come in for an injury

This is going to be unpopular, but Dickson has had a very poor year and had another very poor game.

Also going to be unpopular but on form, and if McLean, Dahlhaus and Hrovat are all fit, I wouldn't be playing Dickson ahead of them until he finds form in the VFL.

Dickson is being used differently to last year, whether deliberately or as a result of injuries and Crameri.
Last year Dickson, Stringer and Crameri played predominantly forward. This year, no Crameri (and limited TBoyd) and the other two struggle.
I'm not saying don't drop Dickson, just some circumstances have changed.

That's not really what I meant. Sorry if it came off like that.

I see you guys as building towards something. There are gaps and areas in which you need to improve but you're not far off.

Good luck for the rest of the year.

Despite all the good intentions, Cats fans will never know what it's like to be a Dogs supporter.

Imagine a race to climb a mountain. Just when you can start to see the summit, you lose your footing and the other climbers pass you by and plant their flags on top. That's been life for Dogs supporters for 62 years.

While your club tries to find room to squeeze in another cup in the cabinet, our cabinets are bare and gathering dust.

We have one flag and that was in
1954 when my Dad was still in nappies. We haven't played in a Grand Final for 55 years and have nearly gone out of existence twice.

God only knows when we'll break the premiership drought.

I envy your club's three flags and just hope my club will be able to win one, just one, some time soon. If it happens, I know it'll mean more than most opposition supporters will ever realise.

So, if Geelong does win the flag this year, I hope you and your fellow supporters don't take it for granted because there's some of us that would kill to be in your position.

Last edited:
I hate to say this and I might cop some crap for it but...

Chris Scott was incredibly gracious in his presser. Is clearly an extremely intelligent man. Probably the most well spoken and articulate presser Ive seen from an AFL coach. Tons of respect to him.

I still hate Geelong but its mostly due to the fact that they had their time in the sun and just when it looked like it we might see a Grand Final in which neither the Hawks or Geelong participated, the best midfielder in the comp in the prime of his career walks into their team.

no comment I'm not falling for that one again

Huh? I'm not trying to make you fall for anything, but if you make a statement like that, why not back it up?
Personally, I don't think Roberts, Jong, Honeychurch, Redpath and possibly Biggs will play in a GF for us, and probably only one of Campbell and Roughead. I get you don't rate Dickson , but I think he will bounce back to last year's form.
And I'm assuming Crameri/Dahlhaus/Stevens/JJ/Murphy/Wood are available.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Chris Scott was incredibly gracious in his presser. Is clearly an extremely intelligent man. Probably the most well spoken and articulate presser Ive seen from an AFL coach. Tons of respect to him.

I still hate Geelong but its mostly due to the fact that they had their time in the sun and just when it looked like it we might see a Grand Final in which neither the Hawks or Geelong participated, the best midfielder in the comp in the prime of his career walks into their team.
Well I suppose one of the brother's had to get some intelligence :p

But your opinion seems to be wipe every single fringe player off our list?

You need players that are depth on the list and at times you need to play them when we have injuries like the amount we have this year. Even Hawks have used guys like Spangher and shoenmakers who are nothing more than depth and that's what guys like Jong, hrovat, honey will be or we ever truly challenge but what's the point in getting rid of them for kids who's body's won't help in finals if we need someone to come in for an injury

Depth players need to be able to play a role in big games when called on

Some of our depth, I will not mention names are simply rubbish and people don't want to hear that coz it's unpopular.

They play ok against poor teams coz they get a free run no one bothers about them but they fail time and time again in the big games or their deficiencies are so big they negate team performance.

We arnt the only team to have this issue but while we are building, and we still are and will be for a couple more years, we need to strengthen the fringe players not keep the same ones that arnt good enough.

Personally I'd be brutal this year and do what geelong did and draft ready made players and forget the draft we don't need anymore kids

Chris Scott was incredibly gracious in his presser. Is clearly an extremely intelligent man. Probably the most well spoken and articulate presser Ive seen from an AFL coach.

Does not compute.
In fact the second and third sentences are fatally flawed with the surname Scott in the first...

Despite all the good intentions, Cats fans will never know what it's like to be a Dogs supporter.

Imagine a race to climb a mountain. Just when you can start to see the summit, you lose your footing and the other climbers pass you by and plant their flag on top. That's been life for Dogs supporters for 62 years.

While your club tries to find room to squeeze in another cup in the cabinet, our cabinets are bare and gathering dust.

We have one flag and that was in
1954 when my Dad was still in nappies. We haven't played in a Grand Final for 55 years and have nearly gone out of existence twice.

God only knows when we'll break the premiership drought.

I envy your club's three flags and just hope my club will be able to win one, just one, some time soon. If it happens, I know it'll mean more than most opposition supporters will ever realise.

So, if Geelong does win the flag this year, I hope you and your fellow supporters don't take for granted because there's some of us that would kill to be in your position.
Mate, pre-2007 we were very similar and trust me, Geelong people of my vintage and older know your situation very well.

Nothing I can say will make you feel better but I can only say I reckon you're heading in the right direction. Enjoy the ride.

Huh? I'm not trying to make you fall for anything, but if you make a statement like that, why not back it up?
Personally, I don't think Roberts, Jong, Honeychurch, Redpath and possibly Biggs will play in a GF for us, and probably only one of Campbell and Roughead. I get you don't rate Dickson , but I think he will bounce back to last year's form.
And I'm assuming Crameri/Dahlhaus/Stevens/JJ/Murphy/Wood are available.

Campbell Jong Dickson Boyd
Roberts Honey Biggs Dunkley
Daniel

I have concerns on all these blokes and some of them are purely they are too similar to blokes in front of them and others are just Sh!t

Depth players need to be able to play a role in big games when called on

Some of our depth, I will not mention names are simply rubbish and people don't want to hear that coz it's unpopular.

They play ok against poor teams coz they get a free run no one bothers about them but they fail time and time again in the big games or their deficiencies are so big they negate team performance.

We arnt the only team to have this issue but while we are building, and we still are and will be for a couple more years, we need to strengthen the fringe players not keep the same ones that arnt good enough.

Personally I'd be brutal this year and do what geelong did and draft ready made players and forget the draft we don't need anymore kids

I agree with the no need to have a big draft of kids again

But I'll have to agree to disagree on certain players as some perform better than your willing to give them credit for. Tonight Dickson and honey were easily on our worse 5-6 players but imo Jong wasn't and I don't want to get in an argument over Jong but I just think at times you refuse to look past your judgement you've already made so when it comes to a single performance you won't look at it independently

Mate, pre-2007 we were very similar and trust me, Geelong people of my vintage and older know your situation very well.

Nothing I can say will make you feel better but I can only say I reckon you're heading in the right direction. Enjoy the ride.

You made GFS so you are nothing like us

Even friggin StKilda and Melbournee made the big dance

You won flags in the 50s and 60s, played in GFs in the 80s and 90s so even before 2007 you would not understand our situation at all.

Williams was fantastic- probably our classiest player tonight. The kid is a jet. Suckling was pretty good offensively. Macrae had another strong game. Roughead's contested marking was good early.

Jong was one of our better players. Under immense pressure, he fumbled far less than the vast majority of our mids. His disposal was clean, and he didn't break down our handball chains. 20 disposals at 85% efficiency, 0 clangers, 7 marks, 2 contested marks, 3 clearances, 3 inside 50s, 6 tackles and a goal.

Otherwise, pretty disappointing performance. Hope the team can bounce back against Sydney.

Really, that s**tstain usual makes snide barbs and sneering remarks regarding us. I'll have to have a look.

More handballs than kicks, more inside 50's, more contested
possession. Played on the break by a defensive group that
controlled the aerial traffic and moved the ball ultra ultra
conservative. Where is my man Wally Stringhaus, told ya.

Oh and kept under 50 points left the best till last.

Let's just hope we jump right on the free agency bandwagon again this year.

Get Hurley or get a gun midfielder. What's good for the goose is good for the gander. Geelong have done it, Hawthorn have done it and Sydney have done it, so let's push really hard.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 13... cats 16.4 def Dogs 5.13

Remove this Banner Ad

Back