Toast Round 13 = Collingwood 89-51 Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

I’ve been living overseas since 2021 so today was my first game in 5 years. Bloody good to be back at the G and see us play like that in a big game for our season.

We were sat near Bucks in the Olympic stand. He was very gracious in giving selfies to endless people at half time. I would have liked to have got one but felt sorry for the poor bastard. He had some hands up for Sidebottom’s grab.

Great day overall. Love this club!
Been living in the UK have you?

Question for 7AFL….

Surely you can work out how to choose commentators that are unbiased?

I mean….Nicholson is great…but a Melb nuffy.
BT is just shit (full stop).

And then you choose Nathan jones….who is 100% questionable to begin with, but you ask him to be impartial?

I particularly loved the “urgghh” that he uttered live when Melb blew a fwd opportunity in the last. Thought that was almost his best insight.
7 must be stoked with his performance. What a professional.
Bobby is getting a lot more attention this year. Just like Nick.

But it just opens up more opportunities for guys like HH, or macrae.

And kicks attention is opening up gaps for Crisp and Lippa, Josh etc. they can’t tag all of them…

Bobby is getting a lot more attention this year. Just like Nick.

But it just opens up more opportunities for guys like HH, or macrae.

And kicks attention is opening up gaps for Crisp and Lippa, Josh etc. they can’t tag all of them…
Possibly responded to the wrong post…. Maybe?!?

Plenty of this to Steven May today;

088a5b8f-6846-4402-970e-bbe02b0099b0_text.gif

Plenty of this to Steven May today;

088a5b8f-6846-4402-970e-bbe02b0099b0_text.gif
Funnily enough, I've played golf a few holes behind Steven May... and he cheats. Used the foot wedge to kick it back into a decent lie from behind a tree while his mates (including Dom Tyson) weren't looking. Twice!

Garbage bloke all 'round is ol' Steve

Schultz had an opportunity to lead today but was absolutely crap. Just does not do enough consistently.
Yeah this is just unnecessary.
Maybe just enjoy the fact that an injury ravaged team just beat a potential top 8 team due to great commitment and buy in.
And maybe just enjoy the fact that Schultz was one of the guys out there busting his gut to try to do the best he could for his team.
It's not as if he is running around half assed couldn't be bothered type thing. He is legit busting his ass off out out there.

Dean looks like he’s more settled, Frampton is better back and we desperately need a quality key forward. Think also Moore has a weakness in the 1 v 1 wrestles. Trade off would be how much we lose in terms of offensive bounce from the back half with his run, intercept and kicking skills…
Moore as in All Australian and Premiership defensive leader Moore?

You don't move him forward unless you have a desperate need there and a replacement even better at the back.

His leadership defensively is immense.

Just couldn’t stand losing to Swans in the GF with us paying for Grundy and Adams’. Or is it just Grundy? Either way you know what I’m saying.
Until they Swans can prove they can win the last game in September at the MCG there will always be uncertainty.

They have proven to be champions throughout the season but vulnerable come Grand Finals and they have the same common denominator in Longmire as coach.

Their weakness is they put too much pressure on themselves again maybe because of their coaches.

But on paper and strategy, they are the team to beat along GWS in my opinion. GWS looks rattled right now but if they can regain composure they have the talent to run through the finals also.

5.1 from this weeks ins.
7.1 from VFL boys

We just keep meeting the challenges
Yeah well observed, out of all the different aspects of this win, the way we prepare blokes is amazing.

Still thinking about Harvey Harrison. They've given him enough time in the twos, now he's slotted into the midfield and seamlessly plays a midfield role: not a bit part, the whole shebang. I felt he exploited the attention Daicos was getting (lke others, they really share the load) and hurt them with running and goals. He's 20, and from memory he was a third round pick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Until they Swans can prove they can win the last game in September at the MCG there will always be uncertainty.

They have proven to be champions throughout the season but vulnerable come Grand Finals and they have the same common denominator in Longmire as coach.

Their weakness is they put too much pressure on themselves again maybe because of their coaches.

But on paper and strategy, they are the team to beat along GWS in my opinion. GWS looks rattled right now but if they can regain composure they have the talent to run through the finals also.

Longmire? 2012?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Honestly loving what the young guys are bringing. Will be very interesting what happens in 4 to 6 weeks when others become available.

Q. Is Mitchell a guaranteed walk in?

On SM-S901E using BigFooty.com mobile app
A. Not guranteed. He’d probably still get a game ahead of Sullivan but it’s becoming marginal.

Honestly loving what the young guys are bringing. Will be very interesting what happens in 4 to 6 weeks when others become available.

Q. Is Mitchell a guaranteed walk in?

On SM-S901E using BigFooty.com mobile app
Guaranteed walk ins are de goey and pendles
Likely miochek and Elliot
Not Cox and Mitchell.
Also at full strength sidebottom mccreery and Schultz may struggle to hold spots

Just some points on Daicos…..

1. Despite being well held up until injury he was still contributing. Was not “ soundly beaten” as implied by commentators
2. Melbourne had to sacrifice one of their best players to achieve that tag. They lost more drive than Collingwood did because we bat a lot deeper.
3 subbing him was a smart move.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back