Autopsy Round 13: Hawks v the SA 25 (Port Power)

Remove this Banner Ad

Should be really happy with that one in my opinion. Scrimshaw was heads and shoulders above the rest for mine- really happy with most of the team, just a few who I'm not sure of from that one.
I thought Patton looked a lot better this week- had a rough time with being double/triple team'd but he looks a lot fitter than he did earlier since the return.
Cuz did alright- want to see what happens when he gets a few games in a row before I pass judgement!
Would like to see minimal changes heading into the next tbh

That was encouraging. The better team won (they should have put us away really) but that umpiring was horrid.

Really liked Worpel and Cousins in the middle.

Scrimshaw might have played his best game

Each of Cousins, Glass, Hartley, Hanrahan and CJ showed something. They all get more games.

Mcevoy was great for three quarters and ran out of puff.

Breust and Mitchell were good

Wingard pretty ordinary

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We have lost the last 11 free kick counts in a row
Only count we won this season was round one against Brisbane
Crucially in the close games we have been hammered
1. Tonight
2. Against Sydney - 7 point loss. Frees 22:13
3 North 4 point loss. Frees 21:12
Just saying...

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
We beat North

Can anyone with the IT skills put together clip of the umpire howlers and send to Gilligan and his numptys???

Be worthwhile doing it for both sides for two reasons: first, not to sound like sore losers, and second, to get a really good understanding of what the free kick count should have been (Port: 20 + X, Haw, 8 + Y) with a confident expectation that P+X >> H+Y.

P

The club will be talking behind closed doors to the AFL about the umpiring. Every club does. Makes no difference to the quality of the umpiring.

But it may make me feel a bit better about it!!!

Good effort, we looked good at many stages.
The media at half time pissed me off, that chick 'Oh the Unsociable Hawks are back'...I liked having that reputation, and would like to get it back, but I don't like our kids being tagged instantly with that label when we were playing very clean...it's a contradiction but...meh.

I really Frost, and the youth brought a look of speed, and held up well I thought. We match up well with Port who are mostly small/medium bodies.
Frawley back and Patton firing and we get some balance for the big bodied teams like Eagles and the Fats.

Umpiring has been bizarre all year, so no surprises in the 2nd half.

A good effort, if we can get consistency into the side it's definitely time to trust the future and move old bodies on.

[
1. Tonight
Just saying...

We did actually beat North

Clarko lost us the game. If it was for draft picks so be it, but he never takes draft picks.

Clarko was a god, at the moment he's a bloke employing Brendan Bolton to fan his own ass this week for the past season, and watch his daughters play musical instruments at our best and fairest. Soon as that happened someone should (me included) put up the warning signs.

He should have done better for Stratts. I have issues with Stratts going forward but for example our best player in the first was Bruest he refused to basically play him in the middle after that very poor Alistair. Very, very poor Alistair. Brust was willing to get us a win for Stratts.

You have been great for our club, I don't think you are doing anything more than saving your ass lately... which means it's time to go much like Stratts, Burgs and others, why you are doing it I have no idea. My assumption is you have a contract somewhere else already. It's poor. Or you think no one will give you a contract and are keeping this one.

Clarko was at his worst today. But I don't remember seeing Brendan next to him... maybe he was waiting... but if that happened best thing ever for our club.

It's really sh*t when you think most players in your team had a crack and the only reason you weren't closer or had a miracle win is the blokes running your club. There is no one I blame more than losing Stratts 200th game than Alistair Clarkson, after quarter time he never gave Stratts a chance, and perhaps that is where he rates him. He certainly did it tonight.
Time to stop posting.

Honestly didnt think we would get amywhere near them but wrapped with the boys efforts and a few bright lights for next year - cousins must stay in - back line played well - forwards still a huge concern we missed Gunston tonight up there

just a pity the umpires actually ruined a game of footy once again with their inconsistency - I truely don’t know how a team cannot receive one free kick in a entire half of footy and that must be a first - if I had money on this game i would be going to the stewards and asking for an enquiry to be had as this was rigged

1. Tonight
Just saying...

We beat North... but yeah. Not only have we lost them all but quite a few by extraordinary amounts.

Be worthwhile doing it for both sides for two reasons: first, not to sound like sore losers, and second, to get a really good understanding of what the free kick count should have been (Port: 20 + X, Haw, 8 + Y) with a confident expectation that P+X >> H+Y.

P

You forgot the Port - ... we are taking off the bullshit, not just adding the ones they should have got.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 13: Hawks v the SA 25 (Port Power)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back