Autopsy Round 13: Hawks v the SA 25 (Port Power)

Remove this Banner Ad

Is anyone really naive enough to think the AFL wouldn't be tempted to influence results through its own umpires when the sport is now worth BILLIONS to broadcasters & gambling companies, given the AFL has a proven track record of making decisions based soley on the financial benefits to itself?

Wake up sheeple. Its not just Hawthorn, suspiciously one-sided umpiring displays are now the norm. Footy is an "entertainment product" to the AFL.

i think our 2013-5 teams would've lost that game. i actually don't think you can win a tight game when its 14-0 free kicks in a half. ZERO. just think about it. how is it even possible that there is ZERO free kicks for a team in a half of football. it just boggles the mind

im not into conspiracy sh*t so i just think the umpires expected port to be good and us to be sh*t so they were more inclined to see things we did as us being bad and infringements whereas not the same for port, and home crowd advantage probably too
Analyse the fixture and our free kick game by game then tell me thereā€™s not a conspiracy.

Loved our midfield efforts. Worpel, Cousins & Mitchell worked really well together.

Inclusions in the backline were great. Hartley definitely has a future with us (70 metre nonchalant kicks, i was dumbfounded). Scrimshaw was exceptional when the heat was on. Jiath was raw but took hit after hit when the game was on the line. Frosty had one of the best 3 disposal games Iā€™ve seen. It was a great effort.

Same issues going up forward. I thought our ball movement was much better this week but we couldnā€™t buy a mark. Patton tried hard to make position but couldnā€™t mark. Timmy was Timmy. Our small forwards all had flashes of brilliance - and importantly hit the scoreboard - but still struggled to lock the ball in.

I loved the fight. I loved the aggression.

Good effort all things considered guys .... umpiring average as usual but what do u expect playing in SA ... Iā€™d like your thoughts on Patton .... got him cheap but personally feel he is irrelevant in the current football environment. His type has gone the way of the dinosaur in our great game. Does anyone think given a clear run, without injury, he can be a valuable player for your club? If so where? I just donā€™t see him having an impact in your forward line.
Needless to say Iā€™m still smarting at the hiding you gave us .... u seem to do it every farkin year! Hereā€™s to stomping on you next year ... please oh please footy gods!

Loved our midfield efforts. Worpel, Cousins & Mitchell worked really well together.

Inclusions in the backline were great. Hartley definitely has a future with us (70 metre nonchalant kicks, i was dumbfounded). Scrimshaw was exceptional when the heat was on. Jiath was raw but took hit after hit when the game was on the line. Frosty had one of the best 3 disposal games Iā€™ve seen. It was a great effort.

Same issues going up forward. I thought our ball movement was much better this week but we couldnā€™t buy a mark. Patton tried hard to make position but couldnā€™t mark. Timmy was Timmy. Our small forwards all had flashes of brilliance - and importantly hit the scoreboard - but still struggled to lock the ball in.

I loved the fight. I loved the aggression.

I was happy every time they kicked a point to see him kick in again

Last edited:
The umpiring isn't going to get any better. There is no media pressure on the umpires to improve because there is no individuality in the media, Varys' from Game of Thrones had more balls than the drones on Fox. Goes for radio too, ABC included. Just tow the company line with a side gig selling their clacker to online betting companies. That aside loving the young guns. Can see the nucleus of of the next Hawthorn leviathan beginning to emerge. CJ to play every game. We didn't get the points but we were the better side.

Good effort all things considered guys .... umpiring average as usual but what do u expect playing in SA ... Iā€™d like your thoughts on Patton .... got him cheap but personally feel he is irrelevant in the current football environment. His type has gone the way of the dinosaur in our great game. Does anyone think given a clear run, without injury, he can be a valuable player for your club? If so where? I just donā€™t see him having an impact in your forward line.
Needless to say Iā€™m still smarting at the hiding you gave us .... u seem to do it every farkin year! Hereā€™s to stomping on you next year ... please oh please footy gods!

Today was one of his better games I thought. He needs a bit of a run for the rest of the year to get some continuity. But I know you what you mean he doesn't have the agility/ ground level ability of the star key forwards going around. TBH I'm hoping the club looks at drafting a KPF if we have one the top handful of picks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oā€™Brien out for Lewis next week- heā€™s had long enough
Why?

TOB can play shit week in week out but he provides something Lewis does not.

Effort.

Please donā€™t come back with the standard ā€œMitch has been injuredā€ because no one mentions that TOB also suffered an injury.

Last edited:
rated CJ's game today, last error was rough but he played really well and took the game on

also for all he cops on here, Stratton played really bloody well today. I think he should make way for other players soon and his form has been down but what a warrior for our club and stood up for his 200th. Thanks for all your work Ben sorry that we couldn't get a win for ya, but we gave a damn good performance

Today was one of his better games I thought. He needs a bit of a run for the rest of the year to get some continuity. But I know you what you mean he doesn't have the agility/ ground level ability of the star key forwards going around. TBH I'm hoping the club looks at drafting a KPF if we have one the top handful of picks.
Itā€™s a shame because I liked him from the beginning and heā€™s a bit like Krueze for us ... never had the chance to show what he could do. But you put him next to sat Harry McKay on our list, which yes, h3 still has a lot of development but heā€™s the new breed. When you do that I just donā€™t see a game plan that accommodates a Patton anymore. If he could model his game more around say a Casboult .... maybe .... I just don5 think with three knee ops he has th3 tickets to light it up anymore. Saying that you got him almost as cheaply as we got Martin so no harm no foul.

Is anyone really naive enough to think the AFL wouldn't be tempted to influence results through its own umpires when the sport is now worth BILLIONS to broadcasters & gambling companies, given the AFL has a proven track record of making decisions based soley on the financial benefits to itself?

Wake up sheeple. Its not just Hawthorn, suspiciously one-sided umpiring displays are now the norm. Footy is an "entertainment product" to the AFL.

Wait, wouldn't it be more beneficial for the gambling companies to get the underdog win?

It's really sad, because footy as the product is actually really great. People who never watch it before but watch other sports can get interested very easily.

Anyway so happy with the boys today. Hoping to get this spirited performance constantly.

Shithouse umpiring.
happy with the effort, loved Hartley! Good signs from the kids and like cousins. Kinda best case, play well , show positive signs , take it up to top team, and keep our draft hand strong.

The umpiring was atrocious tonight but these sort of conspiracies are batshit delusional. Whatā€™s there to be gained by hawks losing?

The AFL canā€™t do anything without various leaks going to the media, you think theyā€™d risk a billion dollar industry as you put it by engineering results? All it takes for one person to squeal and not only with the comp cease to exist but would be liable for millions in courts, involving gambling, clubs etc etc. (I canā€™t believe I even have to explain this).

We fair pretty awfully with the umps this year, and there are probably ingrained biases that could probably be explained more by a psychologist (see that fact that all teams with blue in their colours have significantly more free kicks over the last 20 years than others).

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 13: Hawks v the SA 25 (Port Power)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back