Round 13: St Kilda vs Geelong, Saturday Night @ the MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh, I fully agree with you guys, and would love to see Walsh and Johnno come into the team after the bye. Wish Arch was given a bit more of a go too.

I reckon tomorrow night has a far greater significance than just this season. Win and I don't think we'll see a lot of youngsters played for the rest of the season (still a few though)

Lose in a close one, hopefully see a few faces come through over the rest of the season. Particularly Lynch and Walsh.

Lose badly. And I reckon bring in a lot of kids.

Just watched some highlights of our previous victories against Geelong in 2009 and 2010. In particular, with regards to 2009, that was pretty much the best game Kosi ever played (destroyed Scarlett playing a little further up the ground than usual), McQualter had a hand in about six goals with pressure and precise kicking, and Riewoldt was a pretty good shot for goal before he did his hamstring.

Yeah I think Rooey's hammy has had more of an impact on his game than any of us would like to admit :(

Should go watch some of those games. Was some mighty good footy. Think I chose the right year to have SC and reserved seats. Regardless of outcome 2009 was a pretty good year to be watching the Saints play.

Dunno... I've got an empty sort of feeling this week. Unsure if it will be a close loss or a blowout.... Just concerned a lot about the team selection...:(

Slightly off topic but why the **** couldn't we just kick straight in the '09 GF.
Would have been such a brilliant year and I would have ordered every game on DVD and watched the whole season over and over and over...
****!

Super excited for this one fellas, not long to go till we find out what the rest of the season holds in store for us.

Optimistic prediction : Saints by under 2 goals
Pessimistic prediction. Cats by under 2 goals

yep raph sub. to be honest if he plays a whole game he usually is able to develop a bit of confidence and get better but often starts off shaky...hence why him as sub is not a good position for him! lets hope kozi can contribute

Do we make him sub so he doesn't have to be on the ground for half the game?

I don't get it.

Was contemplating putting 10 bucks on us but with Kosi in and Raph sub...

Can't make it tonight with an exam on Monday. Make some noise boys!

Kosi in.... Very interesting. Doesn't show any of this whole gaining a position on good performance deal. But I hope he has a crack... though I think he just needs to be in the goal square all night because we have seen how he copes in the ruck, and to be honest i would be scared for his safety. This would mean macca will be alone in the ruck for most of the night again. But sure enough we will see kosi struggle away in the ruck for half the match, hopefully with dawson going third man up a few times like last week.

Why the hell they are using Raph Clarke as the sub after his epic fail as the sub against Carlton I'll never know. Either give him a full game or don't play him at all.

Ledger was doing a great job as sub, don't know why they had to change.

Hopefully it doesn't cost us the game.

Not too unhappy to see Kosi in though, we needed another tall forward option and he also gives us some ruck back up. Hopefully he has a big one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

St Kilda v Geelong at the MCG, 7.10pm

LATE CHANGES
St Kilda: Jason Blake replaced in selected side by Justin Koschitzke
Geelong: Nil

FINAL INTERCHANGES
St Kilda: Jason Gram, Jack Steven, Leigh Montagna
Substitute: Raphael Clarke

Geelong: Darren Milburn, Mathew Stokes, Travis Varcoe
Substitute: Mitch Duncan

Kosi in.... Very interesting. Doesn't show any of this whole gaining a position on good performance deal. But I hope he has a crack... though I think he just needs to be in the goal square all night because we have seen how he copes in the ruck, and to be honest i would be scared for his safety. This would mean macca will be alone in the ruck for most of the night again. But sure enough we will see kosi struggle away in the ruck for half the match, hopefully with dawson going third man up a few times like last week.

Oh I hope he does stand in the goal square and outmarks Scarlett like he did in the qualifying final last year. Fingers crossed ;)

Raph as sub is a pretty ordinary move. Kosi in for Blake isnt bad, Gamble wouldnt have got much respect from Scarlett, Taylor etc. Kosi is a little more likely to keep them honest.

Saints by 1-19 at $6.50.

Reported on Saintsational that Blake is out and Kosi in, with Raph as Sub. I hope they dont use Raph as the sub after last time.

Kosi better be bloody fit, and Raph as the sub is a terrible decision. Have we learnt nothing?

Well there we go. I won't pass comment on the 2 above issues until the match is done and dusted. Still hoping for a saints win, but to be honest my hopes have really gone down seeing Kosi in and Clarke as a sub.

Let's just hope we have a win boys! I'm not looking forward to Monday morning at the office if we lose!

If Blake was never a chance to play then this is simply poor form to revert to an out of form "formerlly injured" bloke to fill the spot. That being said, we needed another individual able to take the rucking without resorting to shfting the back half around too much.

We've named a good team but is it good enough?

Geelong is undermanned. I think it should be a great game. We've a bit more of a chance than the betting markets would have everybody believe.

Still not confident enough to load up, thats the best way to sink any chance we've got before the bounce :p

WTF was the bloody runner doing?

How many times have our dopey runners given away free kicks? We're having a shot at goal get the f*** out of there.

Still a bullshit free kick though.

Also could we stop kicking the f***ing ball out on the full, there's been about three or four already under no pressure.

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 13: St Kilda vs Geelong, Saturday Night @ the MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Back