Preview Round 13 The Sydney Swans vs. The Carlton Blues

Remove this Banner Ad

Malceski seems to be playing in the middle anyway. Likewise Shaw, so unless I've missed something from Longmire I'd go with Jack, Bird and Shaw to take Judd, Murphy and Simpson.

Or chuck him up forward to play a forward role on Yarran/Scotland.

Mattner, Smith and AJ can Garlett, Betts and Walker I guess. Garlett might be a bit of a worry. Not sure what role Houlihan plays this year, assuming it's still the forward tag type role, he might sit Kennelly.

Issue with Carlton is they have so many of those B grade types capable of putting in A grade performances. Matchups will change a fair bit during the game.

I like this way of thinking AG. The Way carlton use their HB line a forward tag on Yarren is probably a very effective use of Shaw this game. We know Yarren is given so much licence to run that if we can match up on him with a stopper we might get away with hurting him coming the other way.

Perhaps you should look at some of your other games rather than your games against the absolute best Geelong/Coll or absolute worst ie the last 3 weeks Melb/Port/Bris.

Yes we really struggled against the top side ..they beat us by 2 points after we dominated most key indicators in the game ..and a concussed Warnock missed a gimme in the dying seconds of the game for the win :eek:

Collingwood won pretty easily...they jumped to a 4 goal lead in the second quarter and then both sides went goal for goal the rest of the match...hardly a flogging .

You can only beat who you are played against..and so far Carlton have performed pretty bloody good..hence they are 3rd on the ladder ..and if i recall beat your mob a few weeks agon on your home ground ...cue the" but jack was injured" . crew" :rolleyes:

Look forward to Gibbs picking up Goodes again this game :thumbsu: :)

Also Looking forward to a good tough match against your mob, who i expect will try and shut the game down and stop our run and carry......if we aren't switched on there is a chance the Swans can win this one...but going into the game the Blues are favourites ..and rightly so .

I think you completely missed the point of that post.....

You forgot cue the umpiring stuff up that swung momentum and a few other injuries that day but eh past is past.

Anyway..

Look forward to Gibbs picking up Goodes again this game

If horse is smart he'll move goodes into the mids, in the past he's had the better of Gibbs in the middle but knowing horse he'll leave him up forward

Also Looking forward to a good tough match against your mob, who i expect will try and shut the game down and stop our run and carry......if we aren't switched on there is a chance the Swans can win this one...but going into the game the Blues are favourites ..and rightly so

If any teams not switched on they'll lose a match, period.

I'm curious about the match ups, as stated before not really well suited.

'Course blues are favourites, generally ladder position is an indicator of form. Should be an interesting match

and if i recall beat your mob a few weeks agon on your home ground ...cue the" but jack was injured" . crew" :rolleyes:
Yeah, dunno why people keep bringing that up, its not like Judd was being well held and that he and Carlton lifted after Jack got injured.
Look forward to Gibbs picking up Goodes again this game :thumbsu: :)
Why? Is Gibbs going to be playing back pocket and hanging back off contests again ? Is rain predicted?

Yes we really struggled against the top side ..they beat us by 2 points.... etc etc etc troll troll nonsense troll

Way to completely not read the post and miss the point by a country mile.

Infact you even quoted my exact words where I said to ignore your form against the best/worst teams, and look at the middle teams...

I hope the Blues accuracy in front of goal is in direct correlation with the accuracy of your post comprehension.

Yeah, dunno why people keep bringing that up, its not like Judd was being well held and that he and Carlton lifted after Jack got injured.

Why? Is Gibbs going to be playing back pocket and hanging back off contests again ? Is rain predicted?

For a start it is a complete naivety for anyone to think Carlton are a one man side ...they have won many a game with Judd having minimal imput..if you consider holding Judd to a reasonable ammount of possessions as akin to winning the game then you are in for a shock .

From what i watched there was no hanging off the back of contests...it was man on man with Gibbs getting the better of Goodes at that time .

The rain slowed Carlton down ..when it cleared Carlton got their running game and precision kicking going and ran away from the Swans ..so perhaps you should pray for rain under the Telstra dome . ;)

Anyhow it's been a healthy discussion and one of the more reasonable team boards i've visited (which isn't many, because most are just ridiculously over modded and one negative post or criticism of their team will get you infracted aand labelled a troll.:eek:)
Good luck for the game ..i hope it's a classic .

For a start it is a complete naivety for anyone to think Carlton are a one man side ...they have won many a game with Judd having minimal imput..if you consider holding Judd to a reasonable ammount of possessions as akin to winning the game then you are in for a shock .
I wouldn't dream of extrapolating in that manner. I was commenting on that game alone. While Jack was holding Judd, Sydney maintained a gap, when Jack couldn't go on with it, the gap closed.

From what i watched there was no hanging off the back of contests...it was man on man with Gibbs getting the better of Goodes at that time .
From what I saw from the Churchill, Gibbs was constantly a few steps behind any contest Goodes went to. Smart play, especially in heavy rain on a KP but he sure as shit didn't beat him man to man.

..if both Goodes and Gibbs play to their best, in my opinion.. ..Goodes will win more contests than he loses.. ..no slight on Gibbs, but Goodes is a dual medalist for a very good reason.. ..too strong/powerful for Gibbs to wrestle with, and as a leading target he's quicker off the mark as well..

..earlier this year Goodes had White on him in the 1st half, Gibbs in the 2nd.. ..and he always looked dangerous.. ..i've mentioned a few times over various places that i'm not a fan of the match up.. ..Gibbs does well on him sometimes because he's a good, to very good young player.. ..Goodes is a proven great player however, so i'm always a little uneasy when they line up on eachother, and get downright worried if it's in the middle..

..under the roof in close to perfect conditions, i think the game could go either way.. ..and am more hopeful of a victory than sure of won.. ..you guys very rarely get blown away, yer always in the contest and in the game so you're one team that hasn't been a pushover in years..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

im going for my third 8 in a row in the office tipping, am on 5/5 so far , i tipped sydney, should i leave it, or go the safer option and go to carlton, or solve my own pissy problems and leave them off big footy :D

For the 2nd week in a row this bloody game is not being shown on any channel here - the Fremantle and West Coast games are on 7, 7 digital and Fox. If anyone can suggest a solution please send me a PM!

im going for my third 8 in a row in the office tipping, am on 5/5 so far , i tipped sydney, should i leave it, or go the safer option and go to carlton, or solve my own pissy problems and leave them off big footy :D

Go Carlton. If Swans win, awesome, the Swans won, if Carlton win, you keep your perfect streak going. It was the same reason I tipped the Tigers last week and couldn't care less that I got the tip wrong. :thumbsu:

Lets smash these cheating tankers, Go Bloods!

..Let's not.. ..a far better idea is for your swannies to play with their bootlaces tied together.. ..another capital idea, is for K.Jack to play 1st ruck, and for Horse to do away with tags in this game and just not coach at all during the game..

let's get back on track

Carlton v Sydney Swans at Etihad Stadium, 2.10pm

NO CHANGESFINAL INTERCHANGES
Carlton:
Chris Yarran, Ed Curnow, Andrew Carrazzo
Substitute:
Ryan Houlihan
Sydney Swans:
Josh Kennedy, Martin Mattner, Shane Mumford
Substitute:
Lewis Jetta

I think that Jetta is well suited to the role of substitute, hopefully he can have the same impact in this game like he did against North when he was the sub.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Round 13 The Sydney Swans vs. The Carlton Blues

Remove this Banner Ad

Back