Game Day Round 13 vs. Melbourne, MCG, 3:20pm Monday 10/06 (King's Birthday)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope TJ is warmed up and ready tomorrow, Freddy might get injured in the warm up.

Seriously I hope Freddy uses his size and awkwardness to crash into May a few time and make him feel it. It’s been a long time since we’ve had a brut up forward, I hope he just gives it a go not like the pretty don’t hurt me footy of Reef and AJ. I’m delisting both at seasons end or trading to get another forward to take their spot. They’ve both had more than enough time Reef has had more and has more more disappointing because of the raps that were on him.

Interesting buildup to this fixture with both sides out of the 8, albeit for different reasons.

Our issues are largely personnel based because of injuries. Our system has held up well in the circumstances, but we're currently too reliant on Nick to get us over the line. Need others to step up and help him.

Melbourne's issues in contrast seem to be system/method based rather than personnel based as they have a relatively full squad outside of Lever.

Big ramifications for the winner who can firmly entrench themselves in the 8 after tomorrow. Let's hope we can produce the goods with North Melbourne to come before the bye.

The thing about coming off a hammering - as Melbourne are - is that the problems which led to the hammering are not easily covered over or fixed. The doubt is there, and it’s massive, lurking behind all the false confidence and bravado.

The Dees may come out firing, but the doubt will rise to the fore during the game, and by the last quarter they will be standing around glaring at each other for their lack of effort, and looking startled.

Pies will win by 4 or 5 goals, maybe 6 or even 7. Dunno, but by enough.

Defintely a lot to play for - a lot of teams above us are just going at the moment.

There is also a team that is us that is just going at the moment.

It makes it all the more difficult to have any expectations today.

It would be very easy to justify a 15 goal win, or a 15 goal loss, or anything in between.

Huge a loss with the bad% and a few other teams around sniffing about that spot.
A win 1 game off top 2 with North to come.
Sets up the season. Very much a blockbuster.

I think it’ll be more season defining for Melbourne because their form has been so up and down. Lose today and they’ll be a middling team for the rest of the season. Win, and they’ll bobble around in the bottom half of the 8.

For us our form and effort has been consistently decent for the last 10 weeks. Win lose or draw today, we’ll just continue to roll around to the next week and give it our best.

It’s been a long time since we’ve had a brut up forward,

It hasn’t been that long?

We had a Brut 33 last year, but we traded him to Hawthorn?

… and I’ll let myself out …

One, two, Freddy's coming for you. Three, four, Better lock your door Five, six, grab a crucifix. Seven, eight, Gonna stay up late. Nine, ten, Never sleep again....

This isn't just about getting back in the 8.

People with hair like Fritsch should not win football games against Collingwood.

It's wrong, unfair, & indecent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope TJ is warmed up and ready tomorrow, Freddy might get injured in the warm up.

Seriously I hope Freddy uses his size and awkwardness to crash into May a few time and make him feel it. It’s been a long time since we’ve had a brut up forward, I hope he just gives it a go not like the pretty don’t hurt me footy of Reef and AJ. I’m delisting both at seasons end or trading to get another forward to take their spot. They’ve both had more than enough time Reef has had more and has more more disappointing because of the raps that were on him.
Reef is a 21 year old who’s body isn’t fully developed and has been forced to play in a role he’s not yet suited for.

Seriously, get a grip. 99% of talls his age are performing at the same level or worse.

The thing about coming off a hammering - as Melbourne are - is that the problems which led to the hammering are not easily covered over or fixed. The doubt is there, and it’s massive, lurking behind all the false confidence and bravado.

The Dees may come out firing, but the doubt will rise to the fore during the game, and by the last quarter they will be standing around glaring at each other for their lack of effort, and looking startled.

On the money VP - I'm tipping Pies by 4 goals

Beating a well and truly dead horse with the Kreuger injury joke AND making an absurd call for Reef to be delisted. Well done

Nice work VP.

I’m tipping a very comfortable Pies win by 4 to 9 points.

My thoughts exactly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back