Preview Round 14 - Port v GWS GIANTS @ Sydney Showground

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Narkle as the sub is fine. Better than trying to use a tall player or a slow small, as we've been doing since picking up a few injuries.

Evans, McEntee and DBJ in the same starting 22 forwardline looks a bit lacking in fire-power. We'll be relying on JHF to kick a few.

I find it hard to believe he regressed so badly in one off season unless ken force-fed him donuts the whole time

I think more likely ken destroyed his confidence, like he does to a lot of players with remarks like "if we played any of them spuds that are in our SANFL side we woulda got smashed even worse"

I think its just a symptom of poor standards across the board.
This club is chronic for guys having a stand-out season, followed by turning to crap and maybe if you're lucky a spike in form again.
How many have been consistent across their entire careers? Not many.

I think Narkle has only been selected as Sinn is still injuried.

Bergman and Williams will play in defence.

Moving Bergman opens a spot on the wing. Sinn had first crack early this year, but is unfortunately injured. Narkle is the next cab off the rank.

Anasta is nowhere near ready to play.

Not sure why people keep calling him out. He's a mile off.

We have a history of sending the players that are a long way back in the selection queue as travelling emergencies, as it means our immediate backups then get a full game in SANFL for the week. So maybe the week Anasta was used in this way as a travelling emergency confused people, but he still is a mile off.

If we're realistic, the draftee that we should be hoping to see is Lorenz. Hopefully he gets a full SANFL game this week and keeps up his form and he could be a shot to be picked in the next few weeks.

Around the league teams have always been prepared to play small forwards early.

It’s not a position that requires players to have physically progressed as other positions.

Also if we wait until players are standouts week in week out in the sanfl we will never play anyone. Next to no one outside of onballers ever are consistent in that league.

**** before we called Houston up to the afl he looked like nothing in the sanfl. Was a spectator.

I find it hard to believe he regressed so badly in one off season unless ken force-fed him donuts the whole time

I think more likely ken destroyed his confidence, like he does to a lot of players with remarks like "if we played any of them spuds that are in our SANFL side we woulda got smashed even worse"
It's hard to say. Williams had what I think was the worst debut for Port in the AFL. Looked as fit as some random in his 40s pulled out of the bar - 5 pints and half a pack of smokes in - 10 minutes before the game and asked to play. Had a good year last year but has been terrible whenever he has played this year. Maybe he has just reverted to his standard. Would be an awesome player in some country league with less running requirements.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He looks like he's bulked up in his upper body a lot in the off season which might have slowed him down.
Putting him and Bergmann on half back will give us some defenders who have the possibility of winning a 1v1 contested ball which will be a nice change.

Toby Greene to have 25 and 4

If we’re having to resort to picking Narkle you know our List Management still has a long way to go.
There are two worse small forwards than Narkle in this named side alone.

Can’t even lie that list of ins and outs has given me a semi. Almost enough for me to change my tip to Port, but then I remember this is exactly the game where the Giants will play themselves back into form and get the belief that they can go on and win the flag.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back