Preview Round 14: Richmond vs Carlton - Sunday 3:20pm, MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly I don't think anyone thinks he will be a superstar or anything, well I don't anyway... I think like most on here that he will be a pretty decent player but not a gun by any stretch, Kicking match winners isn't bad early on in his career. Btw I don't think we need to tag Cotch, we really really need to stop Dusty and that's an obvious statement but not much else to say, the guy buried us in round 1... Sam Lloyd seems to get hold of us as well, we seem to struggle with small forwards this year so hopefully you guys go tall...

Dusty carrying a slight injury I rekon , Lloyd may get dropped and Cotchin was a bit quiet Saturday but having a great year so wouldn't let him go to loose all day .

good to hear carey and watson giving us the big thumbs up even after several close losses this year
pretty much scoffed at frawley and other critics scathing comments.
in-Lennon
out-Lloyd

Have a bad feeling about this game, we have had a number of close losses as everyone knows plus the media scrutiny this week especially. The mental side of the game is clearly a problem for our group while the Blues seem mentally strong and keen to turn the tables from the first round encounter.

If we don't come out fully prepared for this game I can see another Adelaide experience, I hope I am wrong and we blast them from the very start but footy intuition tells me otherwise.

My Carlton mate reckons they will be cooked after two big wins for the club.

I'm expecting us to come out firing and not let another lead evaporate.

Richmond by 35+
Lennon 3 goals

we seem to struggle with small forwards this year so hopefully you guys go tall...
Yes. We would of course first need to have some talls, but I admire your confidence.

Well he had 13, took 6 marks kicked 2.2 and kicked the match winner, wasn't an unbelievable performance but not sure there was anyone else, Bolton probably would've got it if you guys got the result... Sorry not sure If I can post here!!

Please do. It's refreshing to read an outsider's point of view.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We haven't really had a solid list of 22 under his reign.

We miss players such as Vlastuin who provide some grunt and allow Dusty to go forward as Dimma mentioned.

That's correct. It is very disappointing that, at a minimum, we have not been able to pick up two good players in each draft or the odd star from a second or third round pick.

That's correct. It is very disappointing that, at a minimum, we have not been able to pick up two good players in each draft or the odd star from a second or third round pick.
I'm starting to get worried about this game, the media is hyping us up a bit too much, We're still young and Richmond can still do damage so I'm desperate for a win but I'm not overly optimistic, you have Rioli who will be a gun, Bolton who imo will be very good, Butler is dangerous, short is ok, castagna can snag a few, none of them except rioli are 1st rounders so It's not that bad, plus I reckon it's not easy to grab a star in the 2nd or 3rd rounds of the draft, I beleive luck plays a little part as well... Not saying it's not possible but you guys haven't had a top 5 since dusty?? Doesn't help

How does most of Melbournes list get a game they would have to be the softest footballers in the afl

mod note: FTFY ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
How does Connor menadue get a game he would have to be the softest footballer in the afl
Jack watts got a game for ages.
Got to stick with the soft ones sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back