Trades Round 14 trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Steele is a big problem. If the bye didn't fix his knee issue, playing won't fix it. With 7 trades left and just $77k in the bank, I don't think I can fix him. Also because I'm currently looking at 17 scores this week, so if I did drop a trade, it would be to get 18 scores. No clue what to do. I'll either hold and cop a donut (2 if Steele is out/late out) or go ham and trade like crazy.
According to Steele himself, hes playing. Should we trade him anyway you think?

Nick Martin M/F 531K

Great call. 3 round average of 130 now playing in the midfield.

We have a number of mids to return in coming weeks but cannot see any of them displacing Martin. No one in our team uses the footy like him.

Hmmm...interesting call - had not been on my radar.

Certainly hit some form of late (130 ave last 3) and Essendon have a good run home. He's improving all the time and a 100 average could be the new normal.

However, before the last 3 games, his average was just 80 - which is completely in line with his average last year of 79.

Also worth noting that the 3 weeks came against West Coast, North and Carlton (all bottom 4).

With Essendon expecting some midfielders back (Parish, Shiel, etc), I don't think he is worth the risk over someone like Butters, just to avoid a donut next week.

Could be a masterstroke though - you'd just want to have more trades than me in case he requires a correction.

Parish / Sheil may push him back out to the wing. I can't see Martin sustaining a 130 average.
Good point......I'm assuming Martin got those good scores with Parish/Shiel out......his last 4 scores (Rd5-8)with those 2 playing av 80......if he goes back to those type of scores when they come back, then 531K might not be good value.....back to the drawing board....

eric cartman nothing GIF by South Park

Give it to me straight MP

I still had 12 trades coming in so this kind of action is probably overkill.

I like Keays a lot in his current role/price.

For those that picked up Briggs and have English/Marshall...

what's the plan?

Still intending to trade next week (given stuck at R3 and we need to field players next week)?

Does feel like a 'waste' given he is averaging 113 and still has $100K to make.

The options seem to be:

(a) Trade as planned to a premium non bye player and enjoy the 200K made (and the bye coverage)
(b) Leave him at R3, ride out next week and trade at max value in a few weeks.
(c) Trade English instead! having Briggs at R2 and leaving you with immediate max cash for uber premo elsewhere.

For those that picked up Briggs and have English/Marshall...

what's the plan?

Still intending to trade next week (given stuck at R3 and we need to field players next week)?

Does feel like a 'waste' given he is averaging 113 and still has $100K to make.

The options seem to be:

(a) Trade as planned to a premium non bye player and enjoy the 200K made (and the bye coverage)
(b) Leave him at R3, ride out next week and trade at max value in a few weeks.
(c) Trade English instead! having Briggs at R2 and leaving you with immediate max cash for uber premo elsewhere.
I bit the bullet and traded Marshall, helps reshuffle after losing Sicily and Briggs out would be losing too much. Also helps Marshall is probably overvalued atm.

According to Steele himself, hes playing. Should we trade him anyway you think?

I want to trade him, very worried about his long-term health, but trade issues....

Brayshaw, rowell or N Anderson ?
In that order (Brayshaw clear number one IMO),

The Suns boys are pretty line-ball, so if you're picking between them and can use the extra 40k from Anderson to do something meaningful, I'd consider him over Rowell.

So this week I was thinking Ashcroft>Fyfe which gave me enough cash to do Weddle>Sinclair. Left me with 10 trades and 2 on field rookies, 30k in the bank.

However, now with the news on Steele's injury I feel like I might need to move him on before he drops a bunch of cash. Worried that even if he plays this week, carrying the knee injury he's going to put up a bunch more low scores & be a constant risk of missing games as well.
I've can think of a few options:
-Instead of trading Ashcroft>Fyfe, go Steele>Fyfe, and trade Ashcroft to LDU/Walsh after the bye.
-Trade Steele now to Anderson, I'd have to do another downgrade to a Melican type to free up the cash for this
-Hold Steele and hope for the best, knowing I might be forced to trade him in a few weeks after he's potentially dropped over 50k.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So this week I was thinking Ashcroft>Fyfe which gave me enough cash to do Weddle>Sinclair. Left me with 10 trades and 2 on field rookies, 30k in the bank.

However, now with the news on Steele's injury I feel like I might need to move him on before he drops a bunch of cash. Worried that even if he plays this week, carrying the knee injury he's going to put up a bunch more low scores & be a constant risk of missing games as well.
I've can think of a few options:
-Instead of trading Ashcroft>Fyfe, go Steele>Fyfe, and trade Ashcroft to LDU/Walsh after the bye.
-Trade Steele now to Anderson, I'd have to do another downgrade to a Melican type to free up the cash for this
-Hold Steele and hope for the best, knowing I might be forced to trade him in a few weeks after he's potentially dropped over 50k.

Thoughts?
I like the bold option of those.

Quite confused this week.

Currently only have 17 playing this week with my backline the main hole (Dawson, Daicos, Day, Weddle and Constable all missing).
Without making any trades I should have 18/19 next week.

All of my rookies who could be traded still have $ to make or will provide good cover (JVR, Weddle, Humphrey, Johnson, Wilmot, Ford, Briggs). Ashcroft could be upgraded but has a run of Gabba games and again provides decent cover.

The option is probably JVR to Maric, Weddle to Sinclair leaving 28k in the bank.

Gives me bare 18 this week and 19 next week (before further upgrades)

Windhager over Maric means I can’t get Sinclair and I’m limited to Young, Ryan or Wanganeen-Milera.

Currently only have 17 playing this week with my backline the main hole (Dawson, Daicos, Day, Weddle and Constable all missing).

All of my rookies who could be traded still have $ to make or will provide good cover (JVR, Weddle, Humphrey, Johnson, Wilmot, Ford, Briggs). Ashcroft could be upgraded but has a run of Gabba games and again provides decent cover.

The option is probably JVR to Maric, Weddle to Sinclair leaving 28k in the bank.

Windhager over Maric means I can’t get Sinclair and I’m limited to Young, Ryan or Wanganeen-Milera.

I'd go Maric over Windy tagger...he hasn't shown much to date .
Pity WC have the bye this week.

Very tricky week.

Windhagger seems to have good JS - but will he score well? And the elevated price really hurts future trades.

Maybe Sinn from Port is a cheap option? But that creates a problem next week.

Very tricky week.

Windhagger seems to have good JS - but will he score well? And the elevated price really hurts future trades.

Maybe Sinn from Port is a cheap option? But that creates a problem next week.

Probably rather avoid Sinn. Maric should score equivalent and probably more guarantee to play longer term.

More I think about it I just go early on Maric (unless there is another debutant this week from a team already had their bye)

Probably rather avoid Sinn. Maric should score equivalent and probably more guarantee to play longer term.

More I think about it I just go early on Maric (unless there is another debutant this week from a team already had their bye)
Hewett from WC might be an option next week too.

Just seen Sinn is named on-field, but looked at his two scores so far and they look like he was SUB - is that right?

His bye is putrid but keen to know what his JS is as it would allow me to trade Pedlar to Sinn and Weddle to Sinclair.

Any GC fans can share if they think Berry has any JS and will play next couple of weeks?

I need to downgrade to a forward rookie who hopefully plays next two weeks.

Berry , Windhanger or Sheldrick the options.

I’ll be offline tomorrow so need to do the trade today as it’s funding bringing in Stewart who plays tomorrow.

Which of these three rookies is the best bet?

Any GC fans can share if they think Berry has any JS and will play next couple of weeks?

I need to downgrade to a forward rookie who hopefully plays next two weeks.

Berry , Windhanger or Sheldrick the options.

I’ll be offline tomorrow so need to do the trade today as it’s funding bringing in Stewart who plays tomorrow.

Which of these three rookies is the best bet?
For the next two weeks, maybe Sheldrick? Reckon he’s toast when Mills comes back though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Trades Round 14 trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Back