Game Day Round 14 - Western Bulldogs vs. Carlton Blues

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's continually missing targets by hand which is most perplexing. We're just farming it out indiscriminately. Positioning and decision making terrible at the moment.

I wish someone would put some time into kicking.. Ours is bad, again too many times we are too quick to play on.

On the bright side, we should be about 5 goals down. It looks even worse from level 3, our work rate and decision making nowhere near Carlton - they absolutely own the field atm.

Good coaching test for bevo, because I believe we're comfortably better than this mob. Just need to turn up .

Macrae, you are a gun, but ffs get professional with your kicking. Get a right foot kick and fix your shocking left, goddamn it's so unacceptable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

it's been completely shite tonight hasn't it.
The thing is you could justify it if he was a inside-outside mid or inside mid - but he purely is an outside mid. A 30 possession game might be okay with that terrible kicking if you split those possessions 50-50 contested/uncontested. But the fact is that three quarters of his touches are uncontested so his kicking needs to be much better because once you win the ball uncontested the kicking is the entire part of the possession.

Those who reckon over the last two weeks that teams are setting up to shut us down, you're right. Watch them congest the middle of the ground. Forces us to work the boundaries where we dont have the height or marking targets (handballing is our game).

We need to figure this one out. We are now dangerous enough of a side that other teams are willing to sacrifice their natural game plan to shut ours down. Gotta find a way to work the boundary or be good enough to work handballs through the middle.

The thing is I think Carlton are playing pretty badly too.

We are. Both teams are.

We let you kick the easiest 3 goals in the world in the first 3 minutes...

We're slightly on top in general play but boy some of our forwards (like Cas and Wood) are really slow of mind.
A few of our young guys like Johnson and Boekhorst look a little spooked as well.

For those at the game this week (and last) what are teams doing differently structure wise to stop our run?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was there last week & was very surprised we won. We got touched up everywhere except the half back line and the scoreboard.

Minno has been good, Maclean good, Morris very good.

Macrae - putrid, handball only thanks.

Honey off for CD. Unleash the midget (thank Christ he didn't debut against the Saints)

On the bright side, we should be about 5 goals down. It looks even worse from level 3, our work rate and decision making nowhere near Carlton - they absolutely own the field atm.

Good coaching test for bevo, because I believe we're comfortably better than this mob. Just need to turn up .
On Level 3 as well.
When Armfield kicked that goal, before that Kreuzer took a mark in the middle of the ground. He had heaps of options on the left and right uncontested so I thought that we had a spare man back inside defensive 50. I look back and we're effing outnumbered 3-2. How is that even possible?

Really? Thought he's been your best forward. The only one taking some marks.

He is a 1 trick pony and has been around the club a few years now.. He has taken a few marks but you haven't been watching his ground work tonight. He's simply a good VFL player but that's the limit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back