Game Day Round 14 - Western Bulldogs vs. Carlton Blues

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing is you could justify it if he was a inside-outside mid or inside mid - but he purely is an outside mid. A 30 possession game might be okay with that terrible kicking if you split those possessions 50-50 contested/uncontested. But the fact is that three quarters of his touches are uncontested so his kicking needs to be much better because once you win the ball uncontested the kicking is the entire part of the possession.
Feel that's a bit unfair Macrae has had 12 posessions 5 contested tonight. Haven't bothered to look up old stats but I personally view him as an inside-outside mid as opposed to a pure outside mid. Not sticking up for his kicking but he does win a fair bit of his own ball

Feel that's a bit unfair Macrae has had 12 posessions 5 contested tonight. Haven't bothered to look up old stats but I personally view him as an inside-outside mid as opposed to a pure outside mid. Not sticking up for his kicking but he does win a fair bit of his own ball

Problem is, like MBoyd was a few years gone by he does not hurt the opposition with his disposal.

Last season he had the highest % of uncontested possessions for all players who had 20 or more total possessions a game or something like that.

He has won more contested ball this year but he's still at the end of the uncotested spectrum when talking about midfielders.

Midfield getting smashed again which makes it extremely difficult for our forward line. Get Stringer on the ball.

Yep that's what I'm thinking, put him in the middle and put pressure on moving the ball.. At least Stringer can hit a target

this game has all of the hallmarks of the McCartney era. Too many players are getting sucked into the contest only to watch the ball breeze by them to an opponent standing clear outside the pack. When we do manage to crab it forward we are kicking it to a forward line that is completely lacking in structure. Then there is the ruck situation...

I have no idea how we are still in this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only turned up for 2 quarters out of the last 10. Should be fresh after the break. We just look slow and not taking enough risks.

This half defines our season. Drop it and we are destined to be middle runners. Make a statement and pound these ****ers and keep pushing up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I reckon we're missing a flying Jong, there's no pace in the middle noone taking it on through the middle. Need some zip from Dahlhaus and johannisen and some tackling pressure from honey and Dickson.

It can't be fitness, it's purely skills tonight.. Either that or Beveridge has them playing to conserve energy in the first half. None of them were gasping for air at 1/2 time unlike a few of the Carlton boys who were sucking down air pretty hard.

If they are clogging the corridor we need to run the wings and spread their team. They will be forced the open up then cut back in before going into 50.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He is a 1 trick pony and has been around the club a few years now.. He has taken a few marks but you haven't been watching his ground work tonight. He's simply a good VFL player but that's the limit

True. Obviously you've seen him for years whereas I'm basing everything on tonight.

If he has been bad below his knees for his whole career i can understand what you're saying, but based on tonight he's been your best forward. Even Stringer has barely touched it and would be having a REALLY dirty night if it wasn't for that last goal.

But yeah, if you want to be a premiership outfit, you need key forwards who are at least decent on the ground like Roughy, Buddy, Pav, Kennedy etc

EDIT: Im still really hopeful Cas can improve on his snap shots at goal...

At lot of them for me have been bad. Honeychurch has been non-existent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back