Preview Round 15, 2017: Hawthorn v Collingwood, 2 July 2017, 3.20pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has Luke Breust ever been dropped?

I don't really see it happening.
I don't see Breust being dropped either, doesn't mean he shouldn't though, his performance vs the crows was just plain insipid.
I'm not going to pot him any further just to say that he has been far from inspiring, seems to only play his best when we can get the out the back game style going, that speaks volumes.

I think you normally make a prediction on game day - so no pressure...but what's your vibe LP?
I don't choose the vibe, the vibe chooses me.

But it seems to me Clarko is now working out to beat the system this year.

Last night's game was a lot more like the game plan we tried in those first 6 weeks, but more modest and effective.

Rounds 6-7, all that short passing is a real "please don't beat us" method of play.

Last night we were so much more attacking. We werent trying to slow the ball down and lock it in to protect the backline but actually trying to flick it around the stoppage and get it out wide to runners.

So it'll be interesting to see how that works against collingwood. The pies are really average and best in the part of the ground that we are weakest so hopefully we come up with a way to keep pendlebury and treloar quiet.

If we do that we'll win.

Even though Schoenmakers competed well and played a solid game, I don't see how we can play him up forward with Roughead, Gunston and O'Brien. If he is to stay in the team he needs to play at center half back. If Stratton is fit I reckon he comes in for Schoenmakers.

Changes to the team that last played Collingwood

IN: Birchall, Stratton, O'Brien, Brand

OUT: Gibson, Vickery, Heatherley, Whitecross

B: Stratton, Brand, Hardwick

HB: Birchall, Burton, Hodge

C: Henderson, Mitchell, Smith

HF: Sicily, Gunston, O'Brien

F: Breust, Roughead, Puopolo

R: McEvoy, Burgoyne, Shiels

INT: Howe, Hartung, Duryea, Langford

Even though Schoenmakers competed well and played a solid game, I don't see how we can play him up forward with Roughead, Gunston and O'Brien. If he is to stay in the team he needs to play at center half back. If Stratton is fit I reckon he comes in for Schoenmakers.

Before last night I would have said Doc out but not so sure now. If Poppy is Proppy, I think, as I posited in another thread, that we could move Doc to the fwd line and bring in Strats for Pops. Doc had a stint there early on in his career from memory and he can certainly kick a goal. I'm thinking more and more that moving Doc there is a good idea...

Didn't we just play Collingwood a month ago? Weird. Though I won't complain about the opportunity to redeem the previous result so soon. Gotta pick up where we left off last night and we will win this one too.

Good signs for the future and this premiership drought may not be too long after all.

Likely unchanged I reckon. If Stratts came in the logical out would be Doc, but agree that he played his best game in ages. And Hardwick isn't getting dropped.

We do look a bit tall but it worked last night - do we have all of Sicily, Schoey and TOB as swingmen? Will Clarko then drop Brand when Frawley comes back? And what about Gibbo? Going to be an interesting back half to the year if the list is fit.

Has Luke Breust ever been dropped?

I don't really see it happening.

If he puts in another performance like the one he did last night you would need to consider it, he has the runs on the board so you let him go again for this week. Has be very very very average this year though, not the worst idea to give him a run at BHH to find form and to get a kick up the bum.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Worked ok last night
Schoey was pretty good I thought
His field kicking is terrific

Didn't we just play Collingwood a month ago? Weird. Though I won't complain about the opportunity to redeem the previous result so soon. Gotta pick up where we left off last night and we will win this one too.

Good signs for the future and this premiership drought may not be too long after all.

Played the Pies twice and still yet to play Freo, the AFL have no f-ing idea what they're doing.

Played the Pies twice and still yet to play Freo, the AFL have no f-ing idea what they're doing.

Haven't played north, bulldogs, gws or Carlton either

Played the Crows and Suns twice already also, its a complete farce. Need the old days back where you play everyone once before the double ups.

If he puts in another performance like the one he did last night you would need to consider it, he has the runs on the board so you let him go again for this week. Has be very very very average this year though, not the worst idea to give him a run at BHH to find form and to get a kick up the bum.
Doesn't strike me as someone who needs a kick up the bum.

Leon Cameron once said that Breust was the most obedient player he ever coached.

Do we think Howe as a dedicated tagger was just a one week move because it has been proven to work against Sloane/Adelaide or could we see it into the future as an ongoing strategy due to its effectiveness?

I think Howe might benefit from that 'anchor' to position himself and play off of.

Part of his education as a midfielder as he has spent substantial time at Bushies on a back flank. Flying under the radar, Clarko rates him.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back