Game Day Round 15, 2022 - Melbourne vs. Brisbane Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking forward to seeing the boys live tonight. I can tell you whatever the temp will be when they run out you can minus about 6 of that as its quite windy and therefore a lot more chilly than the temperature suggests.

Not ideal going into such a big game without Zorks - Bailey and Gardiner who despite becoming the whipping boy lately is in my opinion still an important piece of the jigsaw.

I am worried about our lack of pace through the middle. Is Tunstill quick? Wouldn't be against Kiddy Coleman playing wing tonight. I would put J.Berry on Petracca.

The forwards need to have a big night and should benefit from not having Gawn floating down in defence. Win this and the belief in the team will sky rocket.

Go Lions

Tunstill is pretty slow

Thought Mitch might be going midfield, but my best guess is he is going to be a pressure forward with minutes in the middle.

His opportunistic kicking for goal is better than his field kick (opinion only), and he will die trying to stop the ball getting out of the forward line.
I was wondering who you were refering to.
Mitch?
Doesn't have him in the inclusions.
Didn't think he was named in the last team.
Anyway , give him an instruction and go hard at May , now that would be sweet.

According to SEN we havent won at the MCG since 2014?Is this true?If so this is a hoodoo we need to break and this is as good a time as any.

According to SEN we havent won at the MCG since 2014?Is this true?If so this is a hoodoo we need to break and this is as good a time as any.
Yes it's true, but realistically it's 0-3 because the 2015-2018 years we lost everywhere.

my mate got me a medallion club ticket, first time i wont be sitting in general reserve at the mcg. unfortunately think that means ill be amongst the opposition mainly but im hoping we can drown out melbourne like sydney did a few weeks back

super excited for this one. lets go team!

Don't forget your cheese platter, pate and smoked salmon a must. ;)

a263e7a31ec6902ce30d863ccf18f41fdd938147

The more I think about it, Tunstill and Berry could play Bailey and Zorko's roles (obviously not to the same level) without shifting too much of our structure around.

Tunstill has shown ability to hit the scoreboard at VFL level so could fill in Bailey's HF/wing role, and Terry could slide into Zorko's role.

Thought Mitch might be going midfield, but my best guess is he is going to be a pressure forward with minutes in the middle.

His opportunistic kicking for goal is better than his field kick (opinion only), and he will die trying to stop the ball getting out of the forward line.
I’d be pretty disappointed if Robbo gets minutes in the midfield tonight. Neale, Lyons, McCluggage, Robertson, Rayner and T. Berry should all get a go in there before him.

I think this is a fairly season defining game tbh. Win and we give ourselves the belief we can win at the MCG and against anyone. Lose and questions will continue about our legitimacy as a genuine contender. Tonight is about credibility. I hope we have it in us. Come on lads!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

These occasion games worry me.....Harris's 150th, the Berry's game for their mum, Fages birthday. Add in the crappy freezing weather, MCG hoodoo ...

Sorry, typical game day nervous Nelly has taken over as usual. Head says stupid woman, our boys can beat anyone, heart goes into worry wart mode.

Love you boys, just do your best:brisbane:

At the MCG now having a bite to eat. Stadiums Queensland need to be sent on a study tour because they should be embarrassed by what gets dished up at the Gabba.
Geez I find MCG food rubbish so I’d hate to see what’s being served up at the Gabba!

Ah Chee sub.

No late changes for #AFLDeesLions

Medical substitutes:
melbournefc - Jayden Hunt
brisbanelions - Callum Ah Chee

The pressure is on them, they have lost 3 on the trot and are at home and are favoured to win. No Gawn is massive for them he tore us apart last 2 times we played. Wish May was still out but oh well.

At the MCG now having a bite to eat. Stadiums Queensland need to be sent on a study tour because they should be embarrassed by what gets dished up at the Gabba.
I remember hearing that they are locked into a long term contract with the catering, that they can't get out of.

I had to cycle to another train station because mine is closed so I grabbed my back up bike but then on the way the key fell out of the lock which I didn't store properly because I'm a dick head and I don't normally use that lock and then I missed the train and then I needed to ride home to get a different lock and now I'm running late.

Are we winning yet?

gosh I had the tele on mute, and that pantomime they were doing on the field was pretty funny.

interesting ways to beat Neale. Play on him tight.. genius!

I had to cycle to another train station because mine is closed so I grabbed my back up bike but then on the way the key fell out of the lock which I didn't store properly because I'm a dick head and I don't normally use that lock and then I missed the train and then I needed to ride home to get a different lock and now I'm running late.

Are we winning yet?
Melb 0.0.0 to Bris 0.0.0 at this point.

Remarkably even contest so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back