Round 15 - North Melbourne v Geelong @ Etihad

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not convinced that it's age and inexperience that is killing Geelong. We seem like we are less than the sum of our parts at the moment, which makes me think it's our tactics and gameplan.

North ran to space so much better tonight and got the ball into space so much more easily. Geelong didn't seem to know their route from backline to forwardline.

I'm not convinced that it's age and inexperience that is killing Geelong. We seem like we are less than the sum of our parts at the moment, which makes me think it's our tactics and gameplan.

North ran to space so much better tonight and got the ball into space so much more easily. Geelong didn't seem to know their route from backline to forwardline.

You can't be up forever. Sometimes the talent just isn't there

Just on the rebuilding thing, people may not realise:

- tonight North's team was older than Geelong's team on average
- North's players had more experience then Geelong's team on average
- Geelong had more players under 50 games
- Geelong had more players under 100 games
- Geelong had 0 players in the 100-150 game range (to 5 North players)

Not an excuse for a poor effort, but I'm constantly surprised that people think the 'era' is just ending now.

how many premiership players per team?

Simply l think it's a transition phase for your mob and there's plenty to work with. Motlop wasn't great tonight, which was a bit odd.

They still have plenty of talent on their list that should be producing more, but I think the influx of youth being phased in so quickly with the old heads, results like the last few weeks are understandable.

Maybe and maybe it's inexperience in decision making too. Suppose young players have more to learn than just skills.
Look at our mullet tonight, barely played and his decision making was atrocious at times. Comes with time, percieved pressure strains young players decision making.

Not getting utterly murdered by the opposition ruckman every week would be worth a solid 2-3 goals minimum, I would think.

I think what it comes down to is a lack of 24-28 year old A grade midfielders.

We had Christensen and Duncan to go along with Selwood in that role. Now we have just Selwood.

Is there any sort of consensus as to how long Selwood should get. I'm thinking 2 weeks.
Reckon that's about right. Wasn't as bad as Judd, but he was clearly inflicting pain on Wright which can have been avoided. Need to stamp that ugly shit out

Lol, some of you lot must have Jones/Higgins saved on Google search, funny shit.

First time I've posted about Higgins since he left the Dogs, and it was to praise him.

Sorry for commenting about stuff on a message board which relies on comments

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It looks like a lot of Geelong's older brigade are falling over a form cliff. They are that little bit slower, and that little bit more fumbly. SJ is just a shadow of the player that he was.

Suspect that 2016 will see the Cats really struggle.

Boomner also looks to be showing signs that "it's time" and that playing on in 2016 will probably end badly.

I think you are over-estimating the value of a lot of your parts. Many are worn out and teetering at the end of their illustrious careers. They will not get better.

Outside of perhaps Brisbane, Geelong are the worst team in the league. There is very little on this list to get excited about as a Cats fan, the pain is going to be a long suffering one. They are in the doghouse for a number of years. I'm not certain they have anything tradeable either, they are simply a shocking football team.
That is true, all of it, but it's not forever. Be patient. About time our top 8 finishes and bottom level draft picks caught up with us. Look at St.kilda- they will be awesome very soon, again.
It's what the AFL wants with equalisation. Finally happening.

I doubt Geelong will win another game this season and that includes the Brisbane game, they need to prepare for 2016 now before that ends up being a winless season. This is the worst Geelong side sine the 70's.

I doubt Geelong will win another game this season and that includes the Brisbane game, they need to prepare for 2016 now before that ends up being a winless season. This is the worst Geelong side sine the 70's.
Can you handle it if we are that bad for 2 years?
We'll get draft pick compo. Saints, Dogs. That's always to look fwd to.

I heard Scott Thompson speak during the week about hardening up and getting back on track. Reminded me of Chaplin's comments before (I think) the Richmond Collingwood game. It seemed like they weren't going to dwell too much on the negatives and were really keen to make amends against the Cats.
Still think there are plenty of sides ahead of them talent wise but they responded in the best possible way.

Can you handle it if we are that bad for 2 years?
We'll get draft pick compo. Saints, Dogs. That's always to look fwd to.
We have to handle it, no choice. It's going to be a grim couple of years and the ride will be rough. It could cripple the club financially as attendances will drop off dramatically, crowds of less than 15,000 at the cattery will be common in 2016. You would like to think the club saw this coming, but i reckon they have been caught unawares at just how bad the team really is. I also don't think they will attract Dangerfield or anyone else of note, so it will have to be draft picks and the Cats re-build has only just begun. They're terrible, i've seen terrible before so i know how to handle it. They require a ruthless clean out at the end of the year. Something has definitely gone astray down there.

Predictable performance by North, get caned in the media and rebound with an impressive performance.

Last week they blew any chance of top four. Talented side, but missing the mental and physical toughness required to perform most weeks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 15 - North Melbourne v Geelong @ Etihad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back