Round 15 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tippa -> McVeigh, technically finishes team with 6 left. But might upgrade Libba this weekend to someone else... Or, wait for Pendles to drop by the looks of tonight...

Davis -> mid premo
Gresham -> Phillips
Lee -> Hammelmann or Petracca to mid premo (dependant on cash)

leaves me with 8 trades and full team (if i go Petracca to mid)

Based purely on the performance of Collins tonight I have changed my trades.... again.... excel is handy this week.

I will now trade Brand-Phillips and Adams-Docherty giving me 18 starters and a forward emergency in Round 15 pending carnage.

My 5 bye trades have taken me from 16 to 18 starters in Round 15 with three upgrades along the way. DPP wizardry also allows me another week to see whether Cox/Tippa/Adams types are named in Round 15 before deciding who gets upgraded or culled.

ROUND 15 BYE.JPG

Originally I was thinking of keeping Adams as D7 cover but since Collins is scoring similar I am just thinking of keeping him as my D7 cover and upgrading Adams to Bartel to complete my backline.

What does everyone else think about this idea?

Also who would everyone keep out of Brand and Lee at D8? I want to trade one of them to Hammelmann.

I have 1 position in backline to complete.
Who out of Bartel, Enright Simpson or Mcveigh is the better option?

Out of Simpson and Bartel for me.

Can't go wrong with either IMO.

I have Simpson and plan to bring in Bartel as my final defender.
Yeah I have Doc so leaning towards Bartel although Simpson already having the bye is a huge bonus. Enright and McVeigh are $80k cheaper.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally I was thinking of keeping Adams as D7 cover but since Collins is scoring similar I am just thinking of keeping him as my D7 cover and upgrading Adams to Bartel to complete my backline.

What does everyone else think about this idea?

Also who would everyone keep out of Brand and Lee at D8? I want to trade one of them to Hammelmann.

Sounds OK to get rid of Adams if you will retain a DEF/FWD DPP link by getting Hammelmann

I might look at replacing either Adams or Tippa with Hammelmann when he's on the bubble

I haven't been sold on Laird. Why all the big wraps on him? Scrapped a 91 that will see him drop to 465k - I don't believe he is in the top 6 defenders. Does not have enough big games. I'll probably hang on for JJ as I think he will definitely be top 6 average come years end. Boyd will also be sub $500k in 2 weeks.

Therefore I will probably only do one trade next week - Stewart to Phillips

I haven't been sold on Laird. Why all the big wraps on him? Scrapped a 91 that will see him drop to 465k - I don't believe he is in the top 6 defenders. Does not have enough big games. I'll probably hang on for JJ as I think he will definitely be top 6 average come years end. Boyd will also be sub $500k in 2 weeks.

Lairds a gun when he doesn't have a broken toe nail.

Is capable of 100 + scores too.

Will easily finish top 6 defenders IMO.

Who do you think will be top 6..

FROM HERE....no previous round scores are relevant from here on.

1) Shaw

Laird is overrated IMO, he usually needs 25+ touches for a decent score (which he usually gets admittedly). He seemed to score better last year for similar output. Obviously for his price he's a bargain but I'd have Rancebot ahead of him for a similar price. Ideally you'd have both probably, or McVeigh.

Laird is overrated IMO, he usually needs 25+ touches for a decent score (which he usually gets admittedly). He seemed to score better last year for similar output. Obviously for his price he's a bargain but I'd have Rancebot ahead of him for a similar price. Ideally you'd have both probably, or McVeigh.
was tossing up between him and Williams.
even though Laird had the bye, i really enjoy watching Williams play and he gets better value for his disposals IMO

Almost got Pendles this week, ended up holding off and I'll pass him up again next week and let him bleed some cash.

Tom Phillips demanding to be considered. I'm thinking about fixing Cox at R3 permanently and trading Wyatt to Phillips. Cox hopefully won't be required as a forward again as I'll have three guys rotating between M9 and F7-8 who I'd field over him, plus Cox will be required as a ruck next week with both my Premos out. Cox probably has a rest coming up soon in any case.

With the trades I have left I'll never access the cash Phillips makes, but he's looking like cheap handy cover at the moment.

I got 2 options this week; 6 trades left

Option 1: If Rance scores ~100 and Birchall scores ~70, I'm going to upgrade Birchall to Rance

Menadue OUT, Phillips IN
Birchall OUT, Rance IN
Kerridge OUT, mid premo IN (490k to spend)

3 trades left

Option 2: If Birchall goes 90+
Menadue OUT, Phillips IN
Kerridge OUT, mid premo IN (570k to spend)

4 trades left

either option my team is done and I'll have good cover on all lines

was tossing up between him and Williams.
even though Laird had the bye, i really enjoy watching Williams play and he gets better value for his disposals IMO
Zac is dis years Laird starting price around 330k.Unlike last year Zac is in the best 22 and he's game has gone up a notch or two.
I almost trades DBJ to Zac when he was in doubt the week DBJ got 80 odd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back