Preview Round 16, 2021: Collingwood v St.Kilda - MCG, Sunday 4th July, 3:20PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Magpies

Votes: 9 18.0%
  • Saints

Votes: 41 82.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
But Billings is playing HF
As I said, Long came in for Billings last week with Coff going back to take Long's position. Long clearly offered something with increased pressure and intensity. So Billings is coming in to take Battle's position on the wing.

Who would you take out for Battle and where would you play Battle this week?

Playing him in the right position would be a good start,
What a lot find funny/weird is last week was his best game for the year and then drop him pfft
Not the only one to go backwards this year Coff- Clark - Butler - Long
Why don't you play on the wing instead then champion?

As I said, Long came in for Billings last week with Coff going back to take Long's position. Long clearly offered something with increased pressure and intensity. So Billings is coming in to take Battle's position on the wing.

Who would you take out for Battle and where would you play Battle this week?
Billings named HF not wing

Could it just be the case that we have too many talls in the 22 who are playing better than him and it's a matchup thing?

I'm as confused as the rest by the way, think he should play personally.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Battle's "right" position might be up forward. But Membrey, Marshall and King all offer more than him there.

And Mason Wood as the tall wing/half forward has showed more in the past 3 games than Battle has all season.
Yeah from a personal development POV it’s baffling that they drop him after he actually played well last week, when they didn’t drop him after all his very ordinary games, but from a team balance perspective it makes a chunk of sense.

I’m disappointed that we don’t seem to know what to do with Josh, and that he’s lost his spot after finally playing well, but I’m very glad we’re giving Long another game forward (presumably) and that we get to have another look at Leo.

Which leaves Josh without a chair once the music stops.

Last edited:
But seriously lol Battle will probably look to get out at seasons end. This is a great case study now for our player development. Hind went to Essendon and is having a career year but we can argue he was actually played in his position whether it be seniors or reserves it's just that players playing his position were doing it better last year.

There's really no excuse if Battle goes to another club and tears it up as a forward. We should be finding a way to make it work with him forward alongside Membrey King Marshall/Ryder. I don't know if many remember but he was rated as the best forward of his draft class when we picked him up. It was considered a steal at pick 39. I don't understand the fascination with playing players out of position for the sake of "versatility".

Hind didn't work but not because he was played out of position, whereas if Battle doesn't work, being played out of position will be a huge reason IMO.

But seriously lol Battle will probably look to get out at seasons end. This is a great case study now for our player development. Hind went to Essendon and is having a career year but we can argue he was actually played in his position whether it be seniors or reserves it's just that players playing his position were doing it better last year.

There's really no excuse if Battle goes to another club and tears it up as a forward. We should be finding a way to make it work with him forward alongside Membrey King Marshall/Ryder. I don't know if many remember but he was rated as the best forward of his draft class when we picked him up. It was considered a steal at pick 39. I don't understand the fascination with playing players out of position for the sake of "versatility".
The problem for him playing the role he’s best suited to is that Wood is playing it and playing it well now, and Membrey is also ahead of him.

Collingwood should be all over him.

The problem for him playing the role he’s best suited to is that Wood is playing it and playing it well now, and Membrey is also ahead of him.

Collingwood should be all over him.
That could be attributed to a number of things, perhaps Battle not working hard enough but also maybe it's because he's been playing all year in a position that is unnatural to him, getting back into a groove in a position takes time I reckon and Battle hasn't had enough time to do that.

Asuu4wF.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back